What To Do Last Day If ........ ?

ajtraveler66

Wondering what we should do the day we leave Bermuda. On Day 1 we plan to go out to St. George's. On Day 2 we have an all-day beach package at Elbow Beach.

Knowing what we've already done on Days 1 & 2, what would you recommend for our last day (Day 3)--knowing that we definitely want to get back to the ship in time by mid-afternoon for our departure from Bermuda?

Wondering what we should do the day we leave Bermuda. On Day 1 we plan to go out to St. George's. On Day 2 we have an all-day beach package at Elbow Beach.

Knowing what we've already done on Days 1 & 2, what would you recommend for our last day (Day 3)--knowing that we definitely want to get back to the ship in time by mid-afternoon for our departure from Bermuda?

I suggest Horseshoe Bay. Take the $7 minibus shuttle there and back. It is a 30 minute trip. Can easily be done the last day.

We plan on staying close to the ship. There is a lot to see right at the dockyard. The museum, rum cake factory, glass store and clock tower shopping mall. I read there is also a short walking tour plus a few restaurants.

Just curious, how did you get an all-day beach pass at Elbow Beach?

I could not find a way to book the pass at the Elbow Beach Resort site, but Resort for a Day offers passes to purchase unfortunately it seems that only 'low season' passes are being offered now. I tried various August dates but was repeatedly rejected.

A phone number (800-887-6620) is provided so I would suggest calling to see if anything is available for your cruise.

SBtS

I could not find a way to book the pass at the Elbow Beach Resort site, but Resort for a Day offers passes to purchase unfortunately it seems that only 'low season' passes are being offered now. I tried various August dates but was repeatedly rejected.

A phone number (800-887-6620) is provided so I would suggest calling to see if anything is available for your cruise.

SBtS

I received this email after emailing Elbow Beach:

Good Day, we do have beach passes at the beach at $100 for 2 chairs and an umbrella. No reservations are taken, it is on a first come first serve basis. We do have beach cabanas available at $400 up to 5 persons and each additional person is $50. We do take reservations for cabanas. Cash and credit cards are accepted. Carla Smith

Not the answer to your question but you brought back memories when Elbow Beach was mention. Forty Nine years ago July 30th spent my honey moon there. We will be celebrating in September with a cruise in the Valor.

Thank you. 50th. Will be special doing Disney cruise with family and 5 grand children.

50. Yes, that's it! :o Doesn't matter what you are doing IN or ON Valor, it matters that you know how many years you are celebrating. :D What an absolute treat for the grandkids to celebrate grandparents who make it to 50 whole years together, on a Disney ship, no less. Congrats again.

We just got back and for our day three we took a taxi to Church Bay for snorkeling real early in the AM. Nearly Had the beach to ourselves. We then walked to Warwick long Bay which was also very uncrowded. Maybe 6 or 7 families/couples total! I wouldn't necessarily recommend walking there although it was a beautiful walk with lots of views. If i had to do it again I'd take another taxi or hop a bus to Warwick Long Bay instead so we'd have more time at the beach. After Warwick Long Bay we walked along the shore to Horseshoe Bay and caught the shuttle back from there. We "beached" from about 830am to 130pm, though that included the walk. Got back in plenty of time to do alottle last minute shopping in dockyard. The advantage of going to the beach the last day is that most other people on cruise ships will not. Even horseshoe bay was relatively uncrowded. (We drove by there on Weds of arrival and it was wall to wall umbrellas at least on the side closest to the concessions.)

We did Horseshoe Bay on the last day and had a wonderful time as the beach was relatively uncrowded.

We got the shuttle, and the drivers were very well versed as to when we should leave the beach. We left around 1:30 and were at the ship in plenty of time. It was easy to find the shuttles at Dockyard as there was a lady walking around promoting the shuttle.

Good for the last day...I have heard the locals aren't very happy when cruisers take the local bus as there is no room for them to get on and they are late for work or other appointments. Another reason, I took the shuttle.

We just got back and for our day three we took a taxi to Church Bay for snorkeling real early in the AM. Nearly Had the beach to ourselves. We then walked to Warwick long Bay )

Okay, looking at a map now, I think that we didn't walk to Warwick Long Bay...I believe we walked to Stonehole Bay Beach. Still a beautiful uncrowded beach, but a little closer than WLB. I still would recommend bus or taxi from Church Bay, just due to the time factor. If you ARE using those methods instead of walking, you may as well, go the extra bit to WLB and see all of them!

We also stayed at Elbow Beach in the past and will spend the day there in a few weeks. I'm sure if you e-mail their reservation department directly to let them know of your 49th anniversary that they will allow you to make a reservation to use the beach.

Our last day on the Summit will be spent taking a Wildcat Adventure Blast with KS Watersports. We booked with them directly. The boat ride leaves at 10:00am and takes about 1 hour 30 minutes. The cost was $178.00 for the two of us. The ride departs right from the dockyard. We thought this would give us plenty of time to do some shopping and have lunch at the dockyard or back on the ship.