Bummed....Comedy show sold out...thought was booked

Thought all my shows were booked on the Allure a few months back. Discovered today they were sitting in my cart to "purchase". The comedy show wasn't available. Guessing it sold out while sitting in my cart? If that's the case, how easy is it to get in while not standing in line for an hr waiting to just see if we get a chance to get in? Loved it on the Oasis, and hoping we get a chance to see it again. :(

Don't worry

Be at the venue about 30 min before show. I cannot believe how many no shows there were. You should have a great chance of getting in. On our Oasis sailing after they let the standby people on there were still empty seats !

Enjoy. We do.

Thought all my shows were booked on the Allure a few months back. Discovered today they were sitting in my cart to "purchase". The comedy show wasn't available. Guessing it sold out while sitting in my cart? If that's the case, how easy is it to get in while not standing in line for an hr waiting to just see if we get a chance to get in? Loved it on the Oasis, and hoping we get a chance to see it again. :(

They hold back a percentage of slots for onboard booking. Right after you board, try to find the place they are helping with reservations. I've seen it in Studio B before, and it's been mentioned here on the Royal Promenade near the Pub. If you cannot find it, check with Guest Services.

You will have to stand in line for an hour or try Guest Services upon boarding. If your ship has a Royal IQ app, download that upon boarding and you may luck out.

Good luck!!

Excellent idea, unfortunately no RoyalIQ on Allure.

They hold back a percentage of slots for onboard booking. Right after you board, try to find the place they are helping with reservations. I've seen it in Studio B before, and it's been mentioned here on the Royal Promenade near the Pub. If you cannot find it, check with Guest Services.

This.

It was a kiosk/booth on the Promenade for our Oasis sailing. Get there as soon as you board. I'd recommend NOT relying on comedy club stand by lines to get a seat. In my experience, those lines were long, and all but a few were always turned away at the last minute when booked guests checked in. Others I spoke with saw similar lines/turnaways. Maybe you can get lucky and get in that way, but standing in lines with the hope of getting in is not my idea of a relaxing vacation.

On the Easter week Oasis cruise, nobody was available at Studio B and was directed to the Pub at the Promenade. We were told by the Cruise Planner Dept. that 25% of tickets are held back for on board booking. By the way, the same happened to me in that I thought that what I booked was not and disappeared from the cart--scrambled to buy, but was able to fill my entire entertainment while on board. Good luck and enjoy it.

Ps. The Comedy Club was hilarious and naughty. LOL

That happened to us when we sailed on the Oasis. I booked on line and when I got an e-mail confirmation for only one booking, I looked at our reservations on RCI's site and noticed only one night was reserved. I called RCI immediately and a nice lady helped me get them all booked. There was only one that we couldn't get on the day we wanted it, but was able to get the last two seats on a sea night.

If we ever book the Oasis again or one of her sister ships, I'm calling them and letting them book them for me!

As far as getting there early in hopes you can get in, that only worked with one comedy show we had booked. I think about two couples were able to get in after they closed the doors to those who had confirmations.

Edited by Terre