Noise in JS on Legend of the Seas?

cruzin2

I was just about to book a JS on Legend but have read a few reviews that have made reference to the JS being very Noisey due to it being below the pool deck and the jogging deck.

Has anyone been on LOS in a JS that can comment?

Many thanks,

Sue

We were in a JS (deck 8) on Legend a few years ago to Alaska. Our cabin was just under the Solarium (deck 9). I don't remember any extra noise. It was very quiet and nice.

Jogging deck is 10, so you won't get any noise from it.

Don't know about Legend, but we just got off the Rhapsody. We were in a JS on the 8th floor right under the main pool. We could hear running and carts being rolled across the floor. Also the nights there were bands by the pool we could hear that. Actually it was nice to sit on the balcony during the day and listen to the band, but it was not so great at night when we were trying to go to sleep. If you go to bed after midnight, though, it shouldn't bother you.

The room was convenient, though, and the views from the balcony were great. I loved the "big" bathroom with the tub. I just considered the noise to be a trade off. I don't think we will stay in a room under the pool again though.:)

Our last cruise was on the Monarch. We had the RS. We could hear the coffee grinder. The trip before that was on the Legend, out of Southampton. Just after the Legend was refitted for a new look in the Windjammer Cafe. Well, the coffee grinder was SO LOUD in our cabin, that I was on the floor in the Windjammer, trying to figure how to stop the noise in our cabin. Long story short, made friends with the head of maintenance, and the coffee maker is as quiet in cabin 8502 on the Legend as it is in the RS on the Monarch today.

Rick

Archived