Hurricane Damage Discussion and Photos

samtig

Can anyone let me know how Adrian is doing? How did his and his parent's restaurants make it through? How is his family?

Also several years ago when we were using these boards for help there was a Sally that operated a minature golf course and then a Tom that were big helps. Has anyone heard from them?

My thoughts have been with them all and the wonderful people and places we visited.

Thanks for any info.

Sally is no longer with the Minigolf, I believe Scott is the sole owner now. Sally has a new venture, and I've heard she's wonderful at it, I hope to try myself soon, you can reach her at www.barefootincozumel.com

I recently saw Tom at Coconuts with his wife and they are fine. Scroll down I believe he just uploaded some pics of his new baby.

Adrian is moving his restaurant to another location, and should be opening up in the near future.

I was on the truimph 11/12/05 this past week one of the first ship to go to cozumel. We had a great time in cozumel. All of the people are really working hard to bring it back together. We did visit Paradise Beach and had a wondefull time I do have pictures of Cozumel, the tenders also . I was going to post them on this site but was told that it was not a good ideal because it would slow the system down so I will download the pictures to webshots as soon as possible. Yes they still have alot of damage but they are trying their best to recover.

Hi solita

Well the spaghettos are packed :) . I read someones response on the water temps , A wetsuit ? , not for the beach area right ? It must still be warm water there right ?

For diving, depending on where you're going, how long a dive, and if you're sensitive to the cold. We usually vacation in Sept and the water temps can be quite a bit cooler in Dec. But if you're just snorkeling off the beach I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I read someones response on the water temps , A wetsuit ?
It will depend on each person's individual tolerance to cold, but in general, a wet suit isn't common for just snorkeling. My daughter wears one when she goes in the water, but that is just because she already owns one. While you might not need a wet suit for thermal protection, you will need something more than just a t-shirt for UV protection. A wet white t-shirt is next to transparent when it comes to protection from the sun. A wet suit does provide the ultimate in sun protection. A swim shirt like something from http://www.sungrubbies.com would be another great way to keep your back from cooking to a bright red while you are in the caribbean sun.

It must still be warm water there right ?
Now that would depend on what you think warm is. When I dive in my drysuit, 55f water is warm, but to me, even in a wet suit, 80f water is cold. However, many people are comfortable in 80f water in just a swim suit. As for water temp in Cozumel in December, I would expect water temps to be 79 +/- a degree. It will feel warmer on the surface when the sun is shining on you. Wind will also affect your perception of temperature.

Archived