Private Tour - Bangkok

BlackJack2

We will be docking in Laem Chabang, Thailand for an overnight visit to Bangkok on Holland America’s Volendam in February.

Can anyone recommend a good private tour? We would like a private guide/driver to pick us up at the port, tour Bangkok, spend the night in Bangkok, do more touring the following morning, and then a return to the port. Thanks!

We used Wandee@wandeetours.com for this type of precruise tour. She picked us up at the airport and took us to hotel (Renissance (Marriott.com) which was very well located near a McDonald's (OK but good for breakfast and when even wimpy Thai food (good for babies!) causes stomach pain) and a Starbucks and an ATM and the city metro system right outside the door. This was a well planned and executed tour (we stayed about 4 days). AC van was heavenly as Bangkok is hotter than %$&& and the driver appeared magically where you were -- did not have to make your way to van.

My tips:1. Cold water and wet cloths helped to keep me from fainting. I had a steripen a battery operated ultraviolet light that you stick in any quart bottle of water and it purifies the water. I ordered on-line. Water source is not under your control in Thailand and this is an extra layer of protection. I poured the guide's cold water into our own water bottles and treated it and then drank LOTS. Carry your water bottle with you out of the van -- will need to. 2. Ask about temple dress code -- maybe a long skirt would be best option -- women have more rules than men. Believe you have to shed shoes for visit. 3. Ask if you can go to the flower market. Amazing!! Like nothing else as hundreds of shops fixing those yellow flower offerings for temples.

4. Leave plenty of time to get back to the ship! It seemed to take forever -- not close to Bangkok and traffic is well ASIAN! Check and see if there is a shuttle to the city and back. STAY IN CITY anything else all your time is going to and from port. but if shuttle then could meet the guide in city.

What fun Bangkok is. Good luck.

We used tours by locals - poo is her name. She is excellent. We used her in 2015 and 2014 and both times faultless. She gives a wonderful insight in her country. Thoroughly recommend her.

Used this company twice Olaf and his friend Angmo are fantastic. Will arrange whatever you want and has reliable vehicle, clean and neat, make sure you get Angmo as your guide, funny, speaks english great and very helpful. Tell them Rita sent you, here is the emailolaf@thaisabailife.com. It is Thai Sabai Life or thaisabailife.com. After working with them you will feel like old friends. The best.

Rita

• 3 weeks later...

Hi we too have hired Wandee great guide and very well structured tours. We found her to be very reliable and so well organised, made the tours easy, fun and interesting. I understand she has arranged tours for larger groups so us two was a breeze. Her e mail is wandee@wandeetours.com if that is of any use

You are gonna love Bangkok fabulous sites, fabulous people and food is wonderful.We just need to get planning and re visit. Have a great trip

• 2 months later...