Taxi - Flat rate ?

3stoogesfan

Hi folks ... silly question.

From our last cruise, I know that the taxi's offer a flat rate of $25 from the cruise port to the Fort Lauderdale airport.

Does anyone know if it is a flat rate going the other way ... airport to cruise port ? We're just trying to figure out transportation.

Thanks in advance ...

Hi folks ... silly question.

From our last cruise, I know that the taxi's offer a flat rate of $25 from the cruise port to the Fort Lauderdale airport.

Does anyone know if it is a flat rate going the other way ... airport to cruise port ? We're just trying to figure out transportation.

Thanks in advance ...

Either way, it should only be around $15 per taxi.

Oh my gosh, if you paid that you got ripped off. Sorry to say it, but it's true. There is no flat rate between the two points. The driver should ALWAYS have the meter turned on and I can practically guarantee you it will never amount to over $15.00. We have paid $11.30, $12.50, and $14.10 on the meter in recent trips.

There is a $25.00 flat rate between the Tampa airport and cruise port, but not in Fort Lauderdale.

The flat rate taxi fare between MIA and POM is $27

The flat rate taxi fare between TPA and the port of Tampa is $25.

Everywhere else in FLA that I know of (JAX, PC, FLL) you are on the meter.

Thanks everyone. It must've been Miami that I was thinking of when I mentioned the flat rate.

I was trying to figure out how to get my fellow cruisers to the port, get our rental car dropped off, and then get myself back to the port.

Now I'm thinking we'll all drop the car at FLL and hop a taxi ... that way we're all together.

Thanks again !!!! :)

Now I'm thinking we'll all drop the car at FLL and hop a taxi ... that way we're all together.

That's is exactly what we did last November and it worked great. There were 4 plus luggage - we hopped into a taxi van and that is the trip that was $14.10 on the meter I mentioned earlier. :)