Margaritaville coming to Breakaway & Getaway

my3sonsnj

Man, I wish it would come to the Epic before next March. Their cheeseburger in paradise is one of my favorite burgers.

Pretty sure that if you're doing a Carib itinerary on the Epic, there will be a Margaritaville in one or more of your ports.

Edited by AdoraBelle

Reading these posts have made me very sad.

I go to Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville often in NJ...I also visit them when I see them on ports/islands.

We purchased dinning packages so we can use them for some special dinners...I was looking forward to eating at Flamingo's at no additional cost...I've heard so much about it.

I hope they don't take away O'Sheehan...I would have to cancel my cruise and rebook DCL.

I' date=' for one, am looking forward to trying Margarittaville on Norwegian. I will be on the Getaway in October, so I hope they stick to their schedule of having it up and running on Sept 18th. Come on people, let's try a little positivity![/quote']

Positivity is fine, but there's no reason to follow it off a cliff.

Well Cruisin Christine, you'll certainly have your pick of available seats as most everyone else hasn't been very impressed by the food or the menu. The restaurant is basically empty, except on the first day when the Haven guests get to eat there for free. Have you never been to one before? Nothing to get very excited about, especially on a ship traveling to Mexican ports.

Locations of M'ville in common cruise ports:

Ocho Rios, Jamaica at Island Village (2002)

Grand Turk at the Carnival Cruise Center, in the Turks and Caicos Islands (2006)

George Town, Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands (2006)

Cozumel, Mexico, (2007)

Falmouth, Jamaica (2013)

Montego Bay and Negril on the island of Jamaica

Key West, FL on Duval Street

New Orleans, LA in the French Quarter, (1992)

Orlando, FL outside the main gate of Universal's Islands of Adventure (1999)

I was really looking forward to having many complimentary choices during our transatlantic cruise next year. With ten days at sea, we were hoping to have many choices. We don't want t to pay extra. I have heard from so many that it is not worth it. Flamingos grill sounded delectable.

We spend our summer weekends down on the Jersey shores and the nearest MV is a short 15 minutes drive nearby, and we don't bother going there at all - there are far superior (upscale) dining options or choices, if we wanted to pay for - and, that's with full menu selections. Closer to home, if & when we are in the city (as in "Manhattan") - there's a MV too but again, why would we want to eat anything there.

O'Sheehan's still serving, as of this week still, grilled Angus Beef burgers & other items like the wings, hotdogs - just like TGIF, IHOP, Denny's & Applebees - of course, with a shortened menu - at no extra charge (knock on woods) or at the buffet (Garden Cafe) during most open hours - we see few, if any, values for what's being offered with the pending changes.

What's NCL paying these days to the 300 chefs onboard each of the *Away class ships these days (that's the headcount given to us during our Platinum BTS tour recently) that they cannot prepare, cook and put together as a meal.

What's next, Popeyes Fried Chicken, Papa Johns & Dunkin Donuts "At Sea" with a swipe of the magnetic keycard. :eek:

Found this on the NCL website

Uptown Bar & Grill

At Uptown Bar & Grill you’ll find Norwegian Breakaway's new burger and salad bar. Choose from a variety of gourmet burger options like Garden & Herb and Chili Cheese or create your own! And with so many different ingredients, you can have a new kind of burger every single day. Prefer to keep it light? Our made-to-order fresh chopped salads are another great option. So eat in or take it to go and start working on that golden tan. Either way, we always do it well (or medium or rare).

Note: This dining venue will be discontinued as of 9/25/2016.

Price Per Person: Complimentary

So that's 2 weeks of remodeling

Very disappointing. I am sailing 9/25 and thought I could enjoy the Uptown bar & Grill on my last NCL cruise. I wonder if they will be closing down the jogging track and the rock wall (if that is still there) as well since they are on the outside perimeter of the Uptown bar & Grill. (On the Escape they use that area for a few tables and paint the wall behind them with the MV name. ) [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All they do is change the menu, a few signs and make the same burgers you get anywhere else on the ship. We are also on the 9/25 Sailing. Third time on the Getaway. We really enjoyed Flamingos. I think they are trying to up Guy's Burger bar on Carnival. Which is included. No way they can come close. They will get the beef from the same frozen box that all of the food venues use. Maybe a different condiment, but that is it. Location is the problem with the Flamingo's. Never crowded and the bar was always empty. MV, will attract those that just want the experience. But, once they eat there once, they won't be back.

All they do is change the menu, a few signs and make the same burgers you get anywhere else on the ship. We are also on the 9/25 Sailing. Third time on the Getaway. We really enjoyed Flamingos. I think they are trying to up Guy's Burger bar on Carnival. Which is included. No way they can come close. They will get the beef from the same frozen box that all of the food venues use. Maybe a different condiment, but that is it. Location is the problem with the Flamingo's. Never crowded and the bar was always empty. MV, will attract those that just want the experience. But, once they eat there once, they won't be back.

I do have to disagree about FG crowds--at least on my June sailing, not only did I see plenty of people there and at the bar, I overheard people asking the line cooks about the rumored closing.

I also noticed that it became more crowded as the cruise went on--word got around.

I do have to disagree about FG crowds--at least on my June sailing, not only did I see plenty of people there and at the bar, I overheard people asking the line cooks about the rumored closing.

I also noticed that it became more crowded as the cruise went on--word got around.

That's exactly what I observed on our last Getaway. FG was a popular spot for breakfast and lunch, but always had my favorite fried plantains available along with the other great Cuban food. When we were on the Escape in January, Margaritaville never had a crowd. The bar had some business, but saw only a couple of people ordering food.

I was really looking forward to having many complimentary choices during our transatlantic cruise next year. With ten days at sea, we were hoping to have many choices. We don't want t to pay extra. I have heard from so many that it is not worth it. Flamingos grill sounded delectable.

Food is so subjective...I wasn't thrilled with a few of the pay restaurants on the Breakaway .....the Haven restaurant wasn't my fav with the offerings. I will probably be one of the few that say O'Sheehan's was more to my liking ..I thought prime rib and rib dinner very good...chicken wings awesome....missed some of items that were discontinued on prior cruise. I have some difficulty with buffets because of injury and the MDR is way too long and confining for me. ALL of the venues including Haven seemed to be a very long wait for service in MY opinion. But the staff mostly tried their best. I have said this in past that I think it's something that NCL issue not the staff who I think try their best. With another pay restaurant versus what was prior a "free" one....I cant help myself but think that NCL is trying nickel and dime people with more pay restaurants and the new water/drink policy. That said I still think cruising is a great option for a fabulous vacation........I just might look a bit harder when planning my next cruise.

I live in Orlando and the only good thing about Margaritaville is the fun live music and great vibe. The food is nothing. I am a fan of the t shirts. it is fun port stop if you do not wish to try anything local or new and pay too much for margaritas.

They're taking away the rock wall, which I love and replacing it with a pay burger nacho joint. They're getting rid of tasty free venues for mediocre charge venues. If the idea is to compete with carnivals Guy Fieriis burgers then they should step up their game. Guy's is free and great and takes up very little space.