VERY important beverage question

elycelynne

On my last cruise (not on Princess), I discovered an extremely delicious drink that was referred to as a "Miami Vice". It was a pina colada with swirls of strawberry daiquiri.

Does Princess have that one in their beverage repertoire?

On my last cruise (not on Princess), I discovered an extremely delicious drink that was referred to as a "Miami Vice". It was a pina colada with swirls of strawberry daiquiri.

If they don't, you can probably describe it to the bartender and he/she will almost certainly be willing to give it a try.

Wow!! We all posted at the same time, with the same answer. What are the odds?? :eek:

Edited by JF - retired RRT
Wow!

Yes, they have it and are very familiar with it. It's called either a Miami Vice or. Lava Flow.

You can also get any mix of the two you like, ie Mango Tango with half Mango daiquiri and half strawberry daiquiri, etc.. They'll make any drink they have the ingredients for - if they don't know it, you'll need to tell them what's in it, and general proportions...

As a very infrequent and inexperienced drinker, I'd like to tag on with my own question. I discovered a drink I really like, a "kir royal" on a cruise. It's basically fizzy wine and "creme de cassis", or blackcurrent liqueur. Does anyone know how common this drink is? Will most bartenders know what I mean?

As a very infrequent and inexperienced drinker, I'd like to tag on with my own question. I discovered a drink I really like, a "kir royal" on a cruise. It's basically fizzy wine and "creme de cassis", or blackcurrent liqueur. Does anyone know how common this drink is? Will most bartenders know what I mean?

Yes, they'll know what you mean, and if they don't - just tell them as you did here...

I'm fairly certain I've seen Kir Royale on a Princess beverage list. It's a very common champagne cocktail.

If you like that, try a Bellini, especially if it's the variant made with peach schnappes.

And I think I also seen a raspberry version, made with Chambord - a black raspberry liqueur.

Make friends with a bartender and see what other options s/he can come up with.

Oh, just remembered, there is a blue version as well, made with Blue Curacao.

I'm fairly certain I've seen Kir Royale on a Princess beverage list. It's a very common champagne cocktail.

If you like that, try a Bellini, especially if it's the variant made with peach schnappes.

And I think I also seen a raspberry version, made with Chambord - a black raspberry liqueur.

Make friends with a bartender and see what other options s/he can come up with.

Oh, just remembered, there is a blue version as well, made with Blue Curacao.

Thank you!

Literally just in the last few days I realized that a Bellini (had heard the name before) is another kind of champagne cocktail. (I really am an inexperienced drinker, or at least an unsophisticated one.) unfortunately I tangled with peach schnapps as a teen, and I think it may be one of those experiences that sticks with you, because even now the idea makes me feel a little queasy. :)

One local restaurant gave me the chambord version, but I couldn't taste the "fruitiness" as much.

Either way, I've discovered that champagne seems to be the kindest to me in terms of feeling nice without feeling terrible afterwards, and I adore the taste of the Kir royal. Sweet but not too sweet.

Hopefully they do have one because I plan on asking for it in April! Sounds delicious!

Thank you!

Either way, I've discovered that champagne seems to be the kindest to me in terms of feeling nice without feeling terrible afterwards, and I adore the taste of the Kir royal. Sweet but not too sweet.

I'm the opposite. Cocktails with "champagne" in them don't do great things for me. I stick to martini-style drinks now. I also don't like some prepack fruit juices (orange and pineapple especially), so that cuts out things like pina coladas, mai tais etc.

Luckily Princess has a very extensive cocktail list so I never get bored.

Don't count on it! My husband and I have cruised Norwegian 5 times since 2011 and they make the absolute best Miami Vice! My daughter and I cruised on Princess in March and their mixed drinks were terrible....and they didn't know what a Miami Vice was!! Having said that....we are cruising on Princess again in March....maybe I'll have better luck this time! Lol

Edited by jkel9620

Don't count on it! My husband and I have cruised Norwegian 5 times since 2011 and they make the absolute best Miami Vice! My daughter and I cruised on Princess in March and their mixed drinks were terrible....and they didn't know what a Miami Vice was!! Having said that....we are cruising on Princess again in March....maybe I'll have better luck this time! Lol

Sometimes you have to go to a different bar to get exactly what you want. I've had that experience on both Princess and Celebrity, when some bars don't make some drinks properly and other bars make them perfectly. It just depends on the knowledge of each particular bartender.

The bartenders are very good just tell them what you like and you will get it. For a little tip you can get a Alaska hurricane from the Caribbean :eek: and boy are they good ???

Tony

Be careful now! That's the sort of thing that made you end up in that leaky rowboat with only one oar in the Bermuda Triangle and only a ham sandwich to eat.