Sydney Opera House Tours

Miss Priss

The first time we were in Sydney we just booked the Opera House tour and then bought tickets to see a play that evening and ate independently. The tour wasn't expensive and very enjoyable and educational.

I wanted to do the bridge climb but was disappoined to learn I couldn't bring my camera and that you were tethered to a railing or guide wire, so it didn't sound like much of a challenge - and it was expensive. Earlier I had climbed Ayers Rock - that was a bit of a challenge - and it was free.

Sydney is one of our very favorite cities. We took advantage of the ferries that go to many interesting places from Circular Quay - especially the one that took us to the wonderful Sydney Zoo. Buy an all-day ticket and you can see a lot very reasonably.

I wanted to do the bridge climb but was disappoined to learn I couldn't bring my camera and that you were tethered to a railing or guide wire, so it didn't sound like much of a challenge - and it was expensive.
It isn't a challenge, and it's not really supposed to be one. But the views are incomparable, which is what the experience is all about. The rules are made for the safety of the road users beneath, and without the rules there would be no Bridgeclimb at all. IIRC, I think that you're not allowed to take anything up onto the bridge - at one stage this even meant no jewellery, although ISTR that this may have been relaxed slightly.
On our flight on Air New Zealand to Perth, we'll have a long layover in Auckland.

Does ANZ have a nice lounge in that airport....perhaps w/ showers?

Well, Auckland is NZ's home base, so I would have thought that this should be their best lounge in the whole world!

I don't use NZ very much so can't speak to the precise facilities on offer (which aren't listed on the website either). But if I find out, I'll let you know.

Archived