Cruise Critic Community
Kamfish642

Feedback on Cabin 767

I would definitely feel better about if I were on deck 8 and not 7003. I am going to waitlist for something on the deck 8 and make a call after the refurb. I have tried to find reviews of that room and only found 2 and both commented on the very small closet and only 3 drawers and one referred to the room having disadvantages over the category Bs on deck 8 but didn’t elaborate. But did say they would never book that room again.  If we don’t get moved by June we will cancel and do something else this fall. So sad after waiting several months to book one of those rooms. 

Cindivan,

My info on those forward deck 7 cabins is from a family who were in one on our 2017 Fiji to Tahiti cruise. She complained many times about the anchor noise and rough ride. Granted, we were in some high seas around the Cook Islands.

I'm thinking PG wants the fan tail for suite passengers. 

Sorry you got whammied by this change too. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Pengawin3 said:

Cindivan,

My info on those forward deck 7 cabins is from a family who were in one on our 2017 Fiji to Tahiti cruise. She complained many times about the anchor noise and rough ride. Granted, we were in some high seas around the Cook Islands.

I'm thinking PG wants the fan tail for suite passengers. 

Sorry you got whammied by this change too. 

Thanks for that info. Anchor noise is loud whether high seas or not. More info makes my decision easier. Way too much money for a cruise being shifted around like that 

Edited by cindivan

1 hour ago, cindivan said:

Thanks for that info. Anchor noise is loud whether high seas or not. More info makes my decision easier. Way too much money for a cruise being shifted around like that 

I'm not sure I understand the angst over "anchor noise". In June, we were in cabin 805 which appears to be almost directly above 7003, and I don't recall any issue with anchor noise. We felt 805 was exceedingly quiet and never had any noise issues. Maybe it was because we always tried to be up and on our balcony or on deck for the arrival at each island and didn't notice when the anchor dropped. 

We are canceling our cruise on the PG this fall.  Too many variables in the room switcheroo and we decided we can't wait any longer to make plans so we needed to make the call one way or another.  On top of the "upgrade" issue DH is not a fan of taking that much time off from our family business so close to next week when we are getting ready to leave for 3 weeks on an Asia cruise.

So we booked a Caribbean cruise with my sister and her husband this fall - which won't the FP but we don't see each other that often so will be a lot of fun!  

We will make it to FP one day, just not this year.

Have fun everyone and maybe one day our paths will cross.

Cheers - Cindi

I just found out my cabin disappeared through these threads! No word from the cruiseline or TA. 
I see from logging on that I have been reassigned to 8009. I have zero use for a butler on a cruiseship. 

Not contacted? Inexcusable! We moved our cruise to the Aug 29th Marquesas from March 2021. No aft cabins then, either, and no upgrade or bonus. 

Sticking with deck 7. 

7 hours ago, Jacqueline said:

I just found out my cabin disappeared through these threads! No word from the cruiseline or TA. 
I see from logging on that I have been reassigned to 8009. I have zero use for a butler on a cruiseship. 

The cabins on Deck 8 are definitely nice. I wouldn't turn one down if offered that for the price of the aft cabins on Deck 7. We normally don't make much use of our butler on Paul Gauguin,  but they can get you additional dinner reservations, and they can also help with other things that come up unexpectedly. On our first PG cruise, my husband had a latent back injury that was made much worse by a bumpy excursion at our first stop in the Marquesas. Our butler and room stewardess made that experience much better for both of us while he was bed ridden for several days.

Deck 8 is quiet, and convenient to the Pool area, the Pool Bar, and breakfast in the morning. We hope to be in our Deck 8 cabin for the 4th time on the Fiji to Bali cruise on April 11th,  but who knows what will happen between now and then.

On 2/23/2020 at 7:43 AM, Jacqueline said:

As SWFLAOK stated, your Butler can help you with a lot of little things, but he is not the main advantage of a B cabin on Deck 8. Bigger room, forward, quiet, very few other rooms, everything else SWFLAOK pointed out, plus a $2000 free upgrade for our 2021 11 day Cooks cruise. I've stayed in on the 7th deck, although never in an aft cabin, and I've stayed on the 8th in a B cabin. While I was looking forward to the aft cabin, I took the B Cabin upgrade in a heartbeat.