Adventure of the Seas - Does it sail close to islands on a sea day?

We are looking to book Adventure of the Seas for Jan 7. The itinerary is:

San Juan, Puerto Rico

At Sea

Barbados

St. Lucia

Antigua

St. Kitts

St. Maarten

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Does AOS sail close enough to the islands headed towards Barbados that you can see them from your balcony? If so, which side (Portside or Starboard)? We sailed on Serenade of the Seas about 10 years ago with about the same itinerary only in reverse order. We enjoyed the sea day from our balcony as it passed the different island. I didn't know if AOS sailed as close since it's a bigger ship.

Any advise on cabin location would be appreciated. It's just my husband and I and we enjoy sitting on the balcony while at sea.

I don't recall how long after sailing away from one island that we were able to view the other islands we passed by, but you can definitely see some other islands in the distance as you are coming or going from one island to another.

On a sea day, I'm not sure. We only had one sea day and it was at the end of our cruise, so we were sailing away from all the islands that were close to each other, and I feel like we were sailing in more "open ocean." So unless your sea day is in the middle of your trip, I don't think you'll have a whole lot of "islands-in-the-distance" sight seeing. Maybe one island or something, but not so many that it would be easy to sit on the pool deck or your balcony and just watch them go by. You'd probably have to be out there right at a specific time to see it for a minute or two, but that's really just a guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a sea day on our last day of the cruise sailing back to San Juan from Barbados and the islands were on the right (starboard side). We passed fairly close to St. Croix and St. Thomas at night. We had an aft balcony though so we could see both ways. We loved it.