Cruise Critic locking up on my laptop. Anyone else?

I am unable to scroll down on CC on my laptop. It keeps locking up. No problems with other websites or on my phone (Tapatalk). Is anyone else having this problem? I just want to make sure it is not a glitch with my computer. [emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CC like the NFL is boycotting AZ and NC! :D Actually yesterday I had a similar situation. With my 20 year IT experience I can say it was my connection to this site or the site itself, I had several other web applications open and they were all find but CC was slugish. Seems fine to me today. Maybe that monsoon last night got into your cable :D

LOL, Bill! The monsoon missed us. i think we have a bubble over our house.:rolleyes:

Anyway, I did find out how to disable Flash on Chrome. I have it bookmarked so I enable it again easily if needed. I am glad to know I am not the only one having problems. I would have said it was my computer, but like others said, every other website was working fine.

It seems to be working ok now.

CC was causing my shockwave to crash too.

I googled how to fix it on Chrome and the best answer seemed to be to add Simple Ad block.

Very easy to do too.

Click on the menu, then more tools, then Extensions. Scroll through your Extensions to see if any of them are a problem. If so disable or trash them. Then scroll down to more extensions and type Simple Adblock in the search box. It downloads really fast. You can control the ads for the various sites you use with the AB button (right next to the menu bars).

I haven't had a Shockwave Flash crash since stopping the ads that were overwhelming Flash.

Google Chrome has been driving me nuts.......and I thought it was just me.

Thank you all for letting me know that it's not just me.

I'm now using Firefox ( IE is just too slow) and so far have not had problems. I'll also state that I just reloaded Firefox yesterday, and that is what I'm using for CC.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!:D

Rick

Installing Ad Blocker has solved my problem, thanks everyone. Funny thing though, the port webcams would not work on PTZ with Ad Blocker unless you have the premium service. I had to go into Ad Blocker and set it to allow ads on the webcam sites. The law of unintended consequences always gets you.

Installing Ad Blocker has solved my problem, thanks everyone. Funny thing though, the port webcams would not work on PTZ with Ad Blocker unless you have the premium service. I had to go into Ad Blocker and set it to allow ads on the webcam sites. The law of unintended consequences always gets you.

Yes, I noticed that too. The PTZ sites check for ad blocking and won't function if they detect blocking.

Yes, I noticed that too. The PTZ sites check for ad blocking and won't function if they detect blocking.

As I posted on another thread, I recently replaced Ad Block Plus with uBlock Original which I think is still free. I just white listed the PTZ webcam sites and they work fine.