Restaurant opening hours - ultimate end

MouseBerry

Hi all,

in Oct. I will be on my very first Oceania cruise.

Had some cruises with MSC and be used to have fixed seating times.

So I'm a bit lost with open seating and the opening hours of the restaurants.

I found plenty of info about the opening hours in this forum. E.g. 6pm to 9pm.

At the same time it was mentioned that dinner in particular can last for more than 2 hours. I'm fine with that as I think good food should take its time and I will enjoy it as much and as long as possible;-)

But what does this mean exactly? Is there a need to show up in the restaurant at 7pm latest to allow 2 hours before closing? Or is it possible to start dinner by 8:30pm and extend dinner until 10:30pm?

Ok maybe that late not much people will be around and service and the chefs will speed up:-)

Looking forward to my first Oceania experience

MouseBerry

It's more a question of finishing your meal in time to attend the show (if you are interested in doing so) than it is a question of having time to finish eating before they throw you out.

We have on occasion been among the latest people to leave the dining room, and that can be 10pm or so. I have seen people arriving at 9 or 9:15 for dinner, and they are seated.

That 2 hour time frame is truer (in my experience) for the specialty restaurants and/or when you have a larger table. It's never taken 2 hours for us when we are dining alone. (We do prefer to share a table because we find it a good way to meet fellow passengers, but sometimes we can't.)

Welcome to Oceania!

Mura

Any time that you choose to come to the dining room from 6:30 to 9:30 you will be seated and can enjoy a wonderful non rushed dinner.

The 9:30 is just the last time for your to come to be seated not the closing of the restaurant

Hi all,

in Oct. I will be on my very first Oceania cruise.

Had some cruises with MSC and be used to have fixed seating times.

So I'm a bit lost with open seating and the opening hours of the restaurants.

I found plenty of info about the opening hours in this forum. E.g. 6pm to 9pm.

At the same time it was mentioned that dinner in particular can last for more than 2 hours. I'm fine with that as I think good food should take its time and I will enjoy it as much and as long as possible;-)

But what does this mean exactly? Is there a need to show up in the restaurant at 7pm latest to allow 2 hours before closing? Or is it possible to start dinner by 8:30pm and extend dinner until 10:30pm?

Ok maybe that late not much people will be around and service and the chefs will speed up:-)

Looking forward to my first Oceania experience

MouseBerry

What cruise are you on? Good to join your Roll Call to see who is arranging a Meet and Greet or asking for people to join their private tours.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and Oceania

If you show up before 9pm .... you are seated

There is usually less demand for seating later in the evening than at 7pm

We have still been in the GDR after 9pm they do serve a bit faster because of less demand & they want to get things cleaned up for Breakfast service

Not rushed but just not a slow as dining at 7pm ;)