India e-Tourist Visa

JoePDX

We will be flying into Mumbai to board Oceania Nautica. Mumbai will be our only Indian port of call and our starting point for the cruise. Since we are overnighting on Nautica before our departure from India, is the India e-Tourist Visa applicable? Has anyone entered through Mumbai airport with an e-Tourist Visa, then boarded the ship and exited the ship same or next day in the same port with this type of visa without any problems? My concern is that the e-Tourist Visa is a single entry visa and I'm not sure if I technically leave India when I board the ship.

Also - does anyone who has started a cruise from an Indian port - does Oceania keep your passport?

Oceania says on their website that the e-Tourist visa is not valid for cruises, which is correct if you are entering India from an ocean port. I have searched the internet and ready any number of FAQ's but none address this question.

Interested in any first had experiences.

Thanks!

Joe

Edited by JoePDX

We will be flying into Mumbai to board Oceania Nautica. Mumbai will be our only Indian port of call and our starting point for the cruise. Since we are overnighting on Nautica before our departure from India, is the India e-Tourist Visa applicable? Has anyone entered through Mumbai airport with an e-Tourist Visa, then boarded the ship and exited the ship same or next day in the same port with this type of visa without any problems? My concern is that the e-Tourist Visa is a single entry visa and I'm not sure if I technically leave India when I board the ship.

Also - does anyone who has started a cruise from an Indian port - does Oceania keep your passport?

Oceania says on their website that the e-Tourist visa is not valid for cruises, which is correct if you are entering India from an ocean port. I have searched the internet and ready any number of FAQ's but none address this question.

Interested in any first had experiences.

Thanks!

Joe

Hi,

The e-visa is NOT valid for cruises, even if you are just boarding the ship there.

You must apply for a regular visa (and that in itself is a nightmare!) We were in the same situation you are--just boarding the ship in Chennai. They won't let you on the ship with an e-visa.

Good luck in applying for the regular visa. The website is a pain! Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Judy