Pub lunch: is salad available?

Loreni

Fish and chips not healthy! It's the traditional British meal. With lots of salt and vinegar what's not healthy;);). However, it does taste better eaten out of newspaper like when I was a kid, but the'elf and safety boffins soon put a stop to that. Shame!

That was the best. We had a chippy on the corner and it was such a treat.

Closest thing to a salad would be the Mushy Peas

Which are not authentic at all. :( And yes, the shrimp and chips. Love that. (All this talk of food is making me even more antsy to get going on my cruise in a couple of weeks.) :)

Which are not authentic at all. :( And yes, the shrimp and chips. Love that. (All this talk of food is making me even more antsy to get going on my cruise in a couple of weeks.) :)

Antsy ?? The anticipation is one of the best part of booking a cruise :)

But, unfortunately you're right, the last couple of weeks the clocks always seem to turn into slow-motion :confused:

Srpilo

Cheese, butter and pate healthy:eek:? You're 'avin a laugh!

What's wrong with cheese, butter and pate? There's nothing wrong with eating fat. Ever heard of Dr. Atkins diet? I'm a lo-carber and I eat cheese, butter and pate all the time. My cholesterol is excellent.

I spend a lot of time at British Pub lunches watching DH eat fish and chips. Then he joins me in the dining room while I have something healthier.

Sort of funny. We do sort of the same ... just the MDR first.

We go to the MDR for me to have lunch and him to eat a salad or something and I go to the Pub Lunch with him afterwards. He likes to do this when it's fish & chips ... not shrimp & chips at the Pub Lunch.

The Pub Lunch is open later than the MDR so that's why we do it that way. :)

LuLu