Cabin Upgrade Pricing

my3sonsnj

I'm just curious how this works. I see many posts on the last minute upsells but little on upgrades during the period after final payment.

Does NCL do upgrades to a higher category for the current differences in category pricing or is the upgrade cost the difference between the original price paid and current pricing?

Example: Current pricing difference between an outside and a balcony is $100/pp (not guarantee in either). However, the original purchase price for the outside cabin was $200 less than current pricing for an outside cabin.

Would the upgrade cost be $100 or $300/pp?

Also, would promos be changed to current or would the original promos apply?

Thanks to everyone than can provide some input :D

Good answer! There surely are factors at play on their end, which will determine how your upgrade will price out. You won't know until you talk to NCL.

I was looking for member experiences one way or the other.

I have spoken to my PCC on previous cruises and the answer was always the difference between price paid and current pricing. Just wanted to know if that is always the case or not. Especially when pricing on lower categories has increased significantly while higher categories haven't.

I have spoken to my PCC on previous cruises and the answer was always the difference between price paid and current pricing. Just wanted to know if that is always the case or not. Especially when pricing on lower categories has increased significantly while higher categories haven't.

Yup! thats the way it works.

How much you paid(say 2 grand ) , todays price for the cabin you want ($2500 ) = You pay $500 +/-

Edited by biker@sea

i cannot imagine an upgrade instance where you are not charged the difference in what you paid vs todays prices. what is a theoretical possibility?

Just thinking that if the price difference between categories was $300 originally, but is now only $100 (and lower category is almost sold out) there may be some wiggle room.

Most people that weren't willing to do the $300 at time of booking, still won't. However, they may be encouraged to vacate the better selling cabins for the current price difference.

Edited by my3sonsnj

Your PCC is correct. It is the difference between what you paid and the current cost.

(If the upsell dept calls and offers you an upsell that is a different matter and there is no way to determine what cost might be at that time.)

Reservation line or Upsell Dept?

IT doesn't matter. The person you are asking was moved because what he paid was more than what they moved him into. They will always do that if space is available.

It's the difference between what you paid and whatever you want is priced at today. This happened on my GA cruise last year with my parents, but I had to do all of the research.

We booked months in advance. Around Christmas (sail date was Jan 10), I poked around at the available cabins. There were a lot of unsold spa balconies left, and we had regular balconies. I called my TA, and it was less than $10 to upgrade both rooms in our party. Done. Merry Christmas, Mom.