Trip report 7/30/16 Cook & Society Islands 11 day Cruise

luckybecky

I've only been to French Polynesia the one time :)

Becky,

We have been to FP 5 times. But, it is really nice to hear from someone that has never been there. I enjoyed your detailed review.

Thank you. :)

Becky,

We have been to FP 5 times. But, it is really nice to hear from someone that has never been there. I enjoyed your detailed review.

Thank you. :)

I was hoping you would join us at the reunion. In fact chose the specific school holiday period to accommodate teachers!

Maybe still a cabin or two if you want to join us!

I was hoping you would join us at the reunion. In fact chose the specific school holiday period to accommodate teachers!

Maybe still a cabin or two if you want to join us!

Hello there,

We are heading to Europe in June,this year. But, we are wanting to do PG again next summer. :)

Hello there,

We are heading to Europe in June,this year. But, we are wanting to do PG again next summer. :)

The reunion is special...pity you couldn't make it! May have another in Jan or feb 2019 but not sure.

Enjoy Europe. Anything special? Next summer we are thinking Scotland and the North Cape.

Enjoy Europe. Anything special? Next summer we are thinking Scotland and the North Cape.

Thank you.

We are doing Italy, France, and Spain.

Sorry for being off topic Becky. :)

• 3 months later...

I know. :mad:

Thank you for reading. I'm so disappointed about the photos. A few weeks ago, Photobucket changed its terms. They went from free, to wanting $400 a year to continue hosting photos. So not only me, but any Cruise Critic member who used Photobucket (and there are many) now have to cough up the cash or our photos won't show.

I'm resisting paying up, just on principle. But it makes me mad because I put a great deal of work into these reviews. Sorry. :(

I know I responded some months ago to thank the OP for their wonderful detailed review, but having recently returned from my first PG cruise I wanted to reiterate my thanks! We had a wonderful time on the 10 night cruise and really agree with most everything you mentioned in your review. I re-read it again to relive the cruise and had so much fun doing so. Thank you again for the time and effort you put forth for your review. I'm sorry your pictures were not available but I remember them from before! :)

I'm on Celebrity to AK next summer on the same itinerary/ship you just posted your review for. So, once again you are ahead of me and so very, very helpful. Many, many thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This was such a great read! Although photo bucket wasn't showing up for me.

AWESOME review!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I am so happy to find a work-around for this problem! So a few months ago, Photobucket changed its terms. This was the server I was using for my photos. They basically went from free, to demanding $400 per year to continue displaying photos.

But someone has found a work-around. If you are still interested in this old review (or any old thread/post that used photobucket) you can see the photos this way:

First, you have to use Google Chrome as your browser. Then, google "photobucket embed fix". Click on the first link that comes up. Then add the fix to Chrome.

It worked like a charm for me and took like 3 seconds. Very simple. So if you are running into that ugly Photobucket error message on this or any thread, I think this will work for you.

Thanks again to Cynt and everyone who has read my thread. And I cannot tell you how hard the Polynesian Flu has hit me -- I hear the only cure is to go back again!

• 5 months later...

Too funny, I read your Alaska review, making several notes, and because the South Pacific is a dream, decided to read this one. I got to the 2nd page without pics for some reason decided to skip to the last page and found your fix message, now I have to go back and look at the pics! Thank you!

Thanks for checking out the review. I hope the fix works for you. Unfortunately I cannot go back and edit a post at the beginning to describe the fix there. Anyway I hope you enjoy the pics. :)

Loved the pictures, makes me want to go all the more! Great job. (But I thought the same thing after seeing your Alaska pics and review!) Perhaps a 2nd career as a travel writer is in your future???

• 2 months later...

I thoroughly enjoyed your review and I appreciated you taking the time. These reviews always take longer than people think.

I was especially grateful for the details of things that didn't go so well. I work on the theory that every mistake is a learning opportunity, eg take water on tours :).

Well done and thank you.