Thoughts after 1st cruise w/ Royal Caribbean - Allure of the Seas

rbelfi

I'll start off by saying my first cruise with Royal Caribbean was amazing! Allure of the Seas is by far my favorite ship I've sailed yet!

I've sailed mostly NCL prior to wanting to try something different with the prices steadily increasing at NCL and wish I had branched out earlier. Allure had something going on at all times of the day. My wife and I are big in productions, game shows, entertainment, etc so during sea days and after dinner we always had an activity to head to. The value considering what was offered aboard the ship is amazing.

Some of the highlights:

• Aqua Theater show - Amazing!
  • All production shows
  • Central Park
  • Solarium - Where have you been all my life!?
  • Royal Promenade - Loved the hub atmosphere
  • Food - Heard it can be hit or miss, but was a hit every meal!
  • Friendly Staff

Overall, I preferred my experience with Royal over my previous cruises with NCL, but to be expected there are always a few things one company may offer that you prefer over the other.

I do wish the late night menu, Cafe Promenade, offered more bar snack food over sandwiches. When out for a night of drinking, shows, and dancing pub style food is what I'm looking for. We ate most late night snacks at Sorento's. Waiting in my room for wings, fries, etc. is not preferable when wanting something fairly quick. Obviously this is a personal preference and others I'm sure like what's available.

The only other thing would be the lines the formed for shows/events because the doors were opened much later than advertised. The planner had mentioned doors open 45 minutes prior, but most nights it was 20ish minutes early. Not the biggest fan of hurry up and wait in line. Again, being the amount of passengers on the ship it is understandable that lines would form.

If these are your only complaints than that's one hell of a product being put out for a vacation! Only minor things and am still looking forward to planned more cruises with Royal in the future. Even my wife, who likes to cruise, but prefers resort type vacations, can't wait to book another cruise with Royal.

Thank you for you're review. We are on Allure the first week in October. Very excited!!

My first time on RCL. Normally cruise on Princess or Carnival. Since I am wanting a relaxing vacation and have been to all the ports (except Labadee), looking forward to really enjoying what the ship has to offer. She looks fabulous!!

I'll start off by saying my first cruise with Royal Caribbean was amazing! Allure of the Seas is by far my favorite ship I've sailed yet!

I've sailed mostly NCL prior to wanting to try something different with the prices steadily increasing at NCL and wish I had branched out earlier. Allure had something going on at all times of the day. My wife and I are big in productions, game shows, entertainment, etc so during sea days and after dinner we always had an activity to head to. The value considering what was offered aboard the ship is amazing.

Some of the highlights:

• Aqua Theater show - Amazing!
  • All production shows
  • Central Park
  • Solarium - Where have you been all my life!?
  • Royal Promenade - Loved the hub atmosphere
  • Food - Heard it can be hit or miss, but was a hit every meal!
  • Friendly Staff

Overall, I preferred my experience with Royal over my previous cruises with NCL, but to be expected there are always a few things one company may offer that you prefer over the other.

I do wish the late night menu, Cafe Promenade, offered more bar snack food over sandwiches. When out for a night of drinking, shows, and dancing pub style food is what I'm looking for. We ate most late night snacks at Sorento's. Waiting in my room for wings, fries, etc. is not preferable when wanting something fairly quick. Obviously this is a personal preference and others I'm sure like what's available.

The only other thing would be the lines the formed for shows/events because the doors were opened much later than advertised. The planner had mentioned doors open 45 minutes prior, but most nights it was 20ish minutes early. Not the biggest fan of hurry up and wait in line. Again, being the amount of passengers on the ship it is understandable that lines would form.

If these are your only complaints than that's one hell of a product being put out for a vacation! Only minor things and am still looking forward to planned more cruises with Royal in the future. Even my wife, who likes to cruise, but prefers resort type vacations, can't wait to book another cruise with Royal.

Thank you for letting us know how your cruise was.

I wonder if this was a one-off on your cruise, or if things have changed, but in my experience, they DID open the doors about 45 minutes before show time.

Thank you for letting us know how your cruise was.

I wonder if this was a one-off on your cruise, or if things have changed, but in my experience, they DID open the doors about 45 minutes before show time.

Same as I have found

Thank you for you're review. We are on Allure the first week in October. Very excited!!

My first time on RCL. Normally cruise on Princess or Carnival. Since I am wanting a relaxing vacation and have been to all the ports (except Labadee), looking forward to really enjoying what the ship has to offer. She looks fabulous!!

We are on Allure then, too! We were on Oasis at the same time last year and loved it!