Mamma Mia

rsgwg1

We are aboard the Allure in April and want to know from those that have seen the play if this is a cleaner version than the actual play on Broadway. Is the GD word used or any sexual words F-Bomb in particular. I am one of those that I don't want my family to be embarrassed or insulted. I hope to get some input from this ,Thanks.

I was wondering if the show is appropriate for children ages 10 and 11. I read that the show is over two hours. Will it hold their interest or should they go to the kids club?

I don't know, don't know anything about your children

It's a great show

Start playing Abba around them and they will learn the songs and then sing along, like I do, whenever I see it (theatre production or the movie). Rent the movie and watch (theatre production way better imo). There is sexual innuendo, but nothing you can't be exposed to on any tv program at 7/8 pm.

I am biased as I LOVE ABBA and Mamma Mia.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was wondering if the show is appropriate for children ages 10 and 11. I read that the show is over two hours. Will it hold their interest or should they go to the kids club?

It is a very good show....but it is a very long show! My husband only made it halfway through, but that was much more than I thought he would-musicals aren't his thing. I enjoyed it but we had just watched the lllloooonnnnggggeeessssttttt love and marriage show right before so I think that made it seem even longer. My mom LOVES Mamma Mia and she brought feather boa's for me and my sister to wear along with her-I think my favorite part about it was how happy she was watching/dancing/singing along w/ us. I don't have kids, but my nephews that were with us (9 and 11) went to the kids club instead-I don't think they would've enjoyed it as much but every kid is different!

To the OP-I don't recall any blatant curse words...more like suggestive type language. Does that make sense? I would still consider it an adult show over all, but I don't think the dialogue was vulgar in anyway. In all fairness, I had a few martinis that night :p

My 7 and 9 year old saw Mamma Mia on Allure and won't stop gushing about it. There might be some mild innuendo but I would not be concerned about it. Re: the movie... Lots of innuendo! I suggest setting a DVR to record it off TV and it will be cleaned up a bit (what we did). Also, get the Broadway soundtrack from the library and pre-soak the music, and kids will be very engaged.

Sent from my iPad using Forums