Manhattan Wine/ Soda?

Bases5

We are flying in Sat 9-17 same day.

We have booked with Carmel car service.

I know we would have to pay extra but are there convenient places to stop

for wine and soda

I'm asking because we don't have tons of time to spare.

Can this be done at one place or would we need to make 2 stops

Which airport are you flying into on the day of sailing and scheduled landing time ? All of the car services will surcharge your ride for the extra stop to pickup something/someone, whether it's en route or out of the way - amount varied; and, might not be worth the trouble - but it is an option & allowed by CCL ... depending on how much soda & wine you will buy, etc.

One option is to go straight to the cruise terminal and drop off the luggage, then walk to a local liquor store nearby, 2 or 3 blocks away & come back with your provisions (a small roller or duffle bag on wheels would be helpful) - and then, you can check that as well (I'm not current on CCL's latest policy on whether it must be carried onboard, etc.) or just roll it past security screening, then complete the pier check-in for embarkation.

Can this be done at one place or would we need to make 2 stops

Two stops. You can buy soda and beer at a bodega or a market, but you can only buy wine at a liquor store. (You can buy "wine product" at bodegas and markets, but it's dreadful stuff; don't do it.)

Thanks LGA 10:50 AM

You really don't have much time to spare. (And I won't lecture about flying in the same day because I do it too). But, assuming your flight lands on time, and you get your bags in a timely fashion, you still have the challenge of getting out of LaGuardia. Its undergoing construction now and the traffic leading to and from the airport is horrendous. Throw in a few events taking place in NYC that Saturday and you have a recipe for a 2 hr. plus commute.

You will need to make two stops because in NY State you can't buy wine in a grocery store and you can't buy soda in a liquor store.