Change to Princess website?

Poulsbo Cruisers

After reading your post I searched for a cruise which displayed beginning prices for all types of cabins. Like previously I selected the type of cabin & I can view pricing for all categories of each type of cabin.

Not sure why you're seeing a different view but nothing has changed for me.

It appears that Princess has changed its website and not for the better IMHO. To see the prices, other than inside cabin, one must select book this cruise. I don't know why Princess is changing something that wasn't a problem. Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Not sure that I follow. At least you don't have to actually book it to scroll around to see the prices. Guess it is change for change's sake.

Edited by ar1950

It appears that Princess has changed its website and not for the better IMHO. To see the prices, other than inside cabin, one must select book this cruise. I don't know why Princess is changing something that wasn't a problem. Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Seems they don't want you to know the price.

Look and you will find that you can pick your cabin type before going to prices.

Its all about the cookies; tracking cookies on the website. If you go to the website and just browse different cruises that tells them one thing. If you actually click on a cruise with a price attached that tells Princess something else. It tells them you may be more interested because you are looking at prices. Try this. Pick a cruise out; pick any cruise, then click on dates and prices. then leave web site. open up MSN.com or facebook. Within five min on either webstie princess adds will appear; most likely with cruises to the area you just looked at. Bottom line; its a marketing tool on the website.

Yes, seems Princess is twigging with their site ... and I'm seeing some indication of price hikes in prep for the new 3 for Free promo. Conflict in pricing by $100 on same web page. Using Chrome, all looks as usual ... but with the Opera or generic android browser, I see the changes you mention, including some elements borrowed from HAL. The changes become apparent once you start clicking thru the Cruise Details and beyond area.

This can't be good!

Edited by pms4104

Yes, seems Princess is twigging with their site ... and I'm seeing some indication of price hikes in prep for the new 3 for Free promo. Conflict in pricing by $100 on same web page. Using Chrome, all looks as usual ... but with the Opera or generic android browser, I see the changes you mention, including some elements borrowed from HAL. The changes become apparent once you start clicking thru the Cruise Details and beyond area.

This can't be good!

I also noticed the price hikes. I've been looking at the Princess site several times a week. I'm just waiting for the Three for Free promotion to book. The site has definitely changed regardless of what others are noticing. And the price of the cruise I'm looking at has gone up $100 pp. I guess someone has to pay for the upcoming promotion.

The site has definitely changed regardless of what others are noticing.

I'm not questioning what you're experiencing but you don't believe those of us who are not seeing the same changes. I check my cruise price at least daily so I'd notice a change & nothing has changed on my mobile device using Safari. It wouldn't be the first time people have different experiences on the Princess website.

Edited by Astro Flyer

i'm using chrome and yes, i am getting the same thing. except sometimes it works the old way and sometimes the new. add to that, the price in the big boxes is wrong. when i click on an interior, the choices available are not the same price. i went out and back in and it showed me the old way. i scrolled from interior to ov and it changed back to the new way again. ugh. i seem to have to click more and get less information so have to go in 'deeper'. i'm not impressed.

After reading your post I searched for a cruise which displayed beginning prices for all types of cabins. Like previously I selected the type of cabin & I can view pricing for all categories of each type of cabin.

Working the same for me, no changes. :confused:

I don't like it at all. It must have changed sometime this afternoon as I had checked my saved cruises earlier today and nothing had changed. For one of my cruises it looked like there was a price hike when I got to the screen that showed all of the cabin categories, but when I clicked mini suite and selected a cabin, I saw the same lower prices that I saw earlier today. So the prices aren't even matching from one screen to the nexdt. Agree that they tend to fix things that aren't broken!

I also noticed the price hikes. I've been looking at the Princess site several times a week. I'm just waiting for the Three for Free promotion to book. The site has definitely changed regardless of what others are noticing. And the price of the cruise I'm looking at has gone up $100 pp. I guess someone has to pay for the upcoming promotion.

Prices fluctuate all the time, especially with promos.

Many discussions lately on this very subject.

You are right nothing to be happy over.

Princess is in it to make money.

Still confused. :confused:

go one step further and click on the type of stateroom you want. that's where it changes for me. it looks right for about a second and then changes. i'm not sure what the point of the change is?

what browser are you using?

go one step further and click on the type of stateroom you want. that's where it changes for me. it looks right for about a second and then changes. i'm not sure what the point of the change is?

what browser are you using?

It's still the same as previously: I see all types of cabins; click continue; choose "I'll Choose My Own"; the cabins are group by location; I can view the price & select a cabin to book.

I'm using Safari & since I frequently check cruise prices, nothing has changed for me. I'm not doubting what anyone else is seeing but those who are seeing changes don't believe us who are not experiencing any changes. :eek:

Edited by Astro Flyer

I'm using Safari & since I frequently check cruise prices, nothing has changed for me. I'm not doubting what anyone else is seeing but those who are seeing changes don't believe me. :eek:

i believe you! safari on my ipad has not changed. chrome on my laptop has. i prefer using my laptop as i don't need to find my glasses!

Seems they don't want you to know the price.

This morning when I was checking a cruise price, it was "normal". Now it is different. Just one extra step to get to the pricing, but it seems unnecessary. Oh Well.

i believe you! safari on my ipad has not changed. chrome on my laptop has. i prefer using my laptop as i don't need to find my glasses!

Ha, ha...I'm lucky to be able to still read my iPad mini. ;)

I understood that you were attempting to help which I sincerely appreciate. I got frustrated by those who insist that we're incapable of noticing the changes & that anyone not experiencing a change is wrong.

There are so many variables & as I previously posted I know from experience that not everyone always has the same problems...something some are unwilling to accept as true.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Ha, ha...I'm lucky to be able to still read my iPad mini. ;)

I understood that you were attempting to help which I sincerely appreciate. I got frustrated by those who insist that we're incapable of noticing the changes & that anyone not experiencing a change is wrong.

There are so many variables & as I previously posted I know from experience that not everyone always has the same problems...something some are unwilling to accept as true.

i understand. and i appreciate your posts--always well thought through.

I am on website now; 8.00am Tuesday and no changes. I looked up price of Alaska cruise and it's the same as it was last week and yesterday. No issues here.

You will only notice the changes if you have cleared your cache/cookies. If you want to keep it the same, don't clear anything (and don't have your settings so that it's done automatically) and, at least for a while you will be fine with the "old" way!

It sounds like they're doing A/B testing. Show the same site with slight tweaks made to different people and see which one gets more results. Or if they make major changes (like burying the prices under several clicks) and they lose visitors, they know to back off those changes. Every website does it to some degree - sometimes it's just a wording change like changing "Click Here" to "Buy Now".