Cruise Critic Community
CC Help Michell

Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

3 minutes ago, cmyersmgr said:

Good morning everyone.  I am interested in cruising solo after the passing of my husband. We both loved cruising, I recently retired, and now I need to find some deals.  I do not have a partner to travel with, however, I want to continue to cruise.  Can you offer me some advise on how to find these solo deals, etc. 

My apologies, I posted in the wrong thread.

5 minutes ago, cmyersmgr said:

My apologies, I posted in the wrong thread.

Unfortunately, as per CruiseCritic rules, we cannot discuss travel agents or websites.  But if you watch here and set up an alert to be notified when people post, it might help you.

1 minute ago, mef_57 said:

Unfortunately, as per CruiseCritic rules, we cannot discuss travel agents or websites.  But if you watch here and set up an alert to be notified when people post, it might help you.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, cmyersmgr said:

Good morning everyone.  I am interested in cruising solo after the passing of my husband. We both loved cruising, I recently retired, and now I need to find some deals.  I do not have a partner to travel with, however, I want to continue to cruise.  Can you offer me some advise on how to find these solo deals, etc.

Welcome cmeyersmgr.  You can learn a lot just skimming this site back a year or two. The cruisers here are very helpful.  As for solo deals,  they seem to getting shorter lead time notice, sometimes just days. OK for you cruising from Florida, not so good for an Alaska cruise. 

NCL is popular with solos, both for deals and treatment on board. Hosted solo events, meals, and meet ups.

I'm still friends with solos I have met there. A good way to start a cruise, meeting fellow solo cruisers.

Some cruise dates are easier to get deals. From Fl and NOLA, late Nov until 12/24, and Jan 3- Feb. Alaska in May & Sept.

TA's east in spring, west in the fall.  Many relocation cruises. 

I had a nice week in Riverview, with many great seafood meals.

3 hours ago, cmyersmgr said:

As they said we can’t say names but google solo cruise deals and a ad pops up for a few I use. I also go to each cruise site and just change the occupancy to 1 person. I have found many deals with the help of people On this thread. If you live close to a port like Florida it’s easy if you can drive otherwise I search southwest flights all the time just to watch pricing and free changes. 

3 hours ago, cmyersmgr said:

Thank you so much.  My email is gmail.com.  I can use all of the help I can get...Your response is very encouraging.

Got it & will be in touch soon ;-}

Edited by MidwesternCruiser2

1 hour ago, mef_57 said:

I would encourage you to remove your email address as soon as you can, or alter it to remove the @ sign and replace with 'at' .  Spambots love to troll on line forums to collect and spam people who post valid email addresses.  People have different comfort zones as to how to deal with spam or letting the world know your email address, but I wanted to just forewarn you of the hazards.  Cruise Critic hasn't activated its private message function, which is a shame. That would allow people to communicate behind the scenes securely an anonymously.

At the very least, when/if Nancy gets in touch,  try to delete your email.

I would also advise for you to remove their email address from your quoted reply :classic_biggrin:

Welcome cmyersmgr,

I sent you an email with several bits of advice.  I wish you many happy years of cruising!

4 hours ago, jmsnyc said:

I would also advise for you to remove their email address from your quoted reply :classic_biggrin:

Thank you for the information.

On 3/18/2019 at 7:15 PM, cmyersmgr said:

Thank you for the information.

Finally got that email off to you...it could be in your junk folder, so you may need to check there.

Hope it helps and I hope to see you onboard sometime.  Will watch the roll calls for you!

Just booked a guarantee inside cabin 5 days NCL Sky to Cuba (overnight). March 26-30 for $299 plus port charges and gratuities. It's still on if anyone is interested. Oh ya, it's free open bar!!!!!

Edited by ShipsAhoy508

Breakaway has some cheap solo prices going out of NOLA in April, including $599 for a Balcony (on a 5-day/April 7), $749 for a mini-suite. Studio is $699. 

Generally seeing a lot of price drop threads in the NCL forums, I'd check around if you're looking for April/May. I have a feeling the Spring Break bookings are a little low. 

Edited by AdoraBelle

21 hours ago, ShipsAhoy508 said:

Just booked a guarantee inside cabin 5 days NCL Sky to Cuba (overnight). March 26-30 for $299 plus port charges and gratuities. It's still on if anyone is interested. Oh ya, it's free open bar!!!!!

I jumped on that deal 2 days ago! Got my cabin assignment the next day, very satisfied.

Im cruising solo on MSC Merviglia Dec 8, 2019 out of Miami $827 plus port chrgs&fees. I get a free Cirque Viaggio dinner & show also free Drinks on US alcohol package.  😊😉

Also traveling solo Nov 2, 2019 Pullmantur Zenith out of Barcelona (Italy, France, & Spain) $673.50 + port chrgs&fees.  Free alcohol pkg & 25obc 😊😉

Norwegian Bliss

15 nights March 30, 2019

Panama Canal MIA-LA

IX GTY $699!!! Plus taxes/fees

It’s been going between being available for $699 and sold out on the NCL site for the past hour.

For those who like 14 day solo Alaska cruises...O K two 7 day B2B.

6 weeks out, so enough time to buy air tickets.

5* Celebrity Millennium 5/10. Vancouver to Anchorage $ 718

5/17 Southbound  $ 562

Same ship 5/24 & 5/31 add $70. 

Unusual to see Celebrity lower priced than NCL.

Royal Caribbean ... Oasis Of the Seas

7 Days to the Western Caribbean from Miami

December 1 sailing

Solo Inside Guarantee $918 plus $135 p/t

The 30% off Splash Sale ends in 7 hours

Edited by IrieBajan54
correction

Hi looking for options on the 16 or 20 day Holland America Cruise (Eurodam)--San Diego to Hawaii sailing April 13, 2019.  Have found some good rates using one of the websites but wondering if this sailing has come up.  Will travel solo and like many, lost my spouse/partner but love to cruise.  Thank you in advance for any suggestions...

Holland America Konigsdam

Fort Lauderdale to Rome 13 days

departing April 7.

$707US inside cabin. 

Of course, the airfare could be the kicker....

14 minutes ago, mef_57 said:

Holland America Konigsdam

Fort Lauderdale to Rome 13 days

departing April 7.

$707US inside cabin. 

Of course, the airfare could be the kicker....

Google Rome to US on April 21.  Not terrible but could do better traveling midweek and probably find better from another Italian city or use cruise line air.

Screenshot_20190327-095244_Chrome.jpg

NCL Breakaway from New Orleans    3-31-19 to 4-07-19    ---  SailAway  Inside  $329   ---  going in and out of availability

Inside GTY $479

image.png.b770d561d42bf220c47e87c9f2af3858.png

image.png.dc3b8951b3af57ac89b0af4239fda19a.png

image.thumb.png.e034ddd8dcd3c858b89c2919b2b3ee29.png

image.png.bd31a9f30a10ae112fe3e256402f0ab5.png

Edited by cruiser147147

NCL Dawn .... April 7

Miami roundtrip 5 days Western Caribbean

Zero percent Single Supplement

Solo Inside Guarantee:  $199 plus $122 p/t

A mini suite is only $499

I've found myself planning a solo cruise again.  I've had my travel companions cancel on me, but rather than cancel myself I've decided I'm going solo (my original plans before friends planned to join me).   I would like to sail on Royal Caribbean, which ships have a studio balcony?  I found a list online but its about 3 or so years old now so I was wondering if anyone here knows an updated list of which have them.   I loved having a balcony on my last cruise (wasn't solo), but want a balcony again.

I was on the Anthem of the Seas in January, and splurged on a solo cabin balcony.  It was fantastic!  There are only 6 such cabins on the ship, but are a number that are virtual balcony rooms.  Not the same, though in a pinch.  Good luck!

39 minutes ago, Sasksilver said:

I was on the Anthem of the Seas in January, and splurged on a solo cabin balcony.  It was fantastic!  There are only 6 such cabins on the ship, but are a number that are virtual balcony rooms.  Not the same, though in a pinch.  Good luck!

It's actually 12, not 6.  And you can often get a standard balcony, especially a gty solo at a better price than the SB solo balcony since there are so few