Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

8 hours ago, bones774 said:

Lois, How do you shop for river cruises? I'm looking for my first river cruise and solo traveler also. Their web pages are not as simple as the ocean cruises, just click on what you want and it pops up. The river cruise companies are often "request a quote", time consuming and the risk of followup calls. Any quick tips? the ocean cruises are so easy, go to one of the larger t/a sites and just peruse all the offerings together.thanks

Hi, I have sailed with AMA Waterways and found their website quite easy. But if you don't see a price that is making sense?

No need to email them...…..they have a toll free number and you can call. I found them very accommodating and I loved my cruise with them.:classic_smile:

My upcoming cruise is with Uniworld and prices are listed. I found their website easy to navigate. You find the cruise you want and there is a space to click on for "single occupancy" and that price will pop up.  I called them directly as well just to get exact prices, etc...etc. and found them very helpful too.

I have not sailed with any other River Cruise companies so can't help you with them but I hope the above answer helps a bit.:classic_smile:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, matadams4u said:

I would also appreciate your tips especially on Viking since I will be doing my first river cruise with them in November and would like to do more.

I have never sailed with Viking (if that was for me). So I cannot give you any answers on them.

8 hours ago, travelnap said:

Lois, Good for you, another river cruise booked.  I know you enjoyed the last one so I hope you enjoy this one as well.  Italy has always been one of my favorite destinations so I think you will have a great time.  I hope you do anyway.  Someday I think I am going to have to give the river cruises a try.  Neil

Hi Neil:classic_smile: I  LOVE Italy too. And I plan on having an awesome time! Uniworld is supposed to be top notch!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bones774 said:

Lois, How do you shop for river cruises? I'm looking for my first river cruise and solo traveler also. Their web pages are not as simple as the ocean cruises, just click on what you want and it pops up. The river cruise companies are often "request a quote", time consuming and the risk of followup calls. Any quick tips? the ocean cruises are so easy, go to one of the larger t/a sites and just peruse all the offerings together.thanks

If you are a AAA member, check their events page.  AMA is having an event/speaker next week at no charge.  A friend and I are going because neither one of us have been on a river cruise and we want more information.  I've done ocean cruising but she hasn't done that either so doesn't have the comparison.

• Like 1

As we know, the early cruises to AK can be cheap. Solo prices, Sail Away.

NCL Jewel, 7 day Vancouver-AK 5/20 $449

7 day AK-Vancouver 5/27 $524

Can apply 1 CruiseNext to each.  So net cost $723 + port fees & taxes & tips for 14 days in AK.

Less than $99/day total.

I bought a little early, but they did bump me to OV for  the Inside price.

In 2016, I was bumped into a balcony for Inside $.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rickpt said:

As we know, the early cruises to AK can be cheap. Solo prices, Sail Away.

NCL Jewel, 7 day Vancouver-AK 5/20 $449

7 day AK-Vancouver 5/27 $524

Can apply 1 CruiseNext to each.  So net cost $723 + port fees & taxes & tips for 14 days in AK.

Less than $99/day total.

I bought a little early, but they did bump me to OV for  the Inside price.

In 2016, I was bumped into a balcony for Inside $.

Nice info, concise

thanks

The Bliss r/t from Seattle is $499 inside guarantee leaving on May 5 and 12, and the Joy is down to $449 leaving on May 11. Summer weather next week in Seattle, so Alaskan temperatures look to be around 60, so not a bad option. The two ships should have similar specials until schools get out next month, at least. 

I also saw a NB Island Princess leaving on June 5 for $625 for a solo, and if you get a targeted AMEX offer, it would give $225 back, which would cover the extortionate tax/port fee charge.  Those ships are better if you want to see glaciers, although neither Glacier Bay nor College Fjord are as impressive as Hubbard Glacier, which has been increasing, instead of receding, like most of the other glaciers. 

A couple more solo deals I got in on:

HAL Oosterdam 12-nt Baltic cruise from Copenhagen, 5/31-6/10 for $1140 inside.

HAL Noordam 7-nt Vancouver-Honolulu October 13-20 for $707 inside. 

Have been trying to find solo cabins  and it is a bit overwhelming  

it it doesn’t help that/I am not sure where to go except the areas that will be=new to me are a ver long plane ride, but I would still like to travel for a few more years and so am just doing research that to see what is available 

am am hoping I can pick up some=information from folks on this thread

1 hour ago, photocat75 said:

Have been trying to find solo cabins  and it is a bit overwhelming  

it it doesn’t help that/I am not sure where to go except the areas that will be=new to me are a ver long plane ride, but I would still like to travel for a few more years and so am just doing research that to see what is available 

am am hoping I can pick up some=information from folks on this thread

Any of the  major cruise companies, Royal Caribbean, Carnival, etc have easy to navigate websites.  Just make sure to say 1 traveler.  There are also online travel agencies who advertise on TV that you can use to check general things like Caribbean cruises, Alaska cruises, on specific dates to compare prices.  I'm not allowed to post their names, but, watch a little TV and you'll know.  You live in Georgia, that's a short drive to any of the Florida ports...

I have made a list of all ships that have solo cabins and talked with several folks from various lines. 

Finding ones that that will get me=to japan ,New Zealand, Iceland are a bit tricky 

thanks for=the tip about travel agents as I usually do my own arrangements but now may be the time to reconsider 

1 hour ago, photocat75 said:

I have made a list of all ships that have solo cabins and talked with several folks from various lines. 

Finding ones that that will get me=to japan ,New Zealand, Iceland are a bit tricky 

thanks for=the tip about travel agents as I usually do my own arrangements but now may be the time to reconsider 

I will admit I use an agent for cruises, but do land travel planning independently.  i might drop the agent eventually but they know more than I do at the moment.

Realize that solo cabins are not always cheaper than a standard cabin that includes a single supplement. Don't limit yourself. As mentioned, you jsve the luxury of living near several ports, so can take advantage  of cheaper last minute fares....if willing to drive to port. Often these are standard cabins, so more room than a sj gle...and cheaper.

Alaska on NCL right now for departures this weekend:  NCL Joy RT SEA 5/18: $399; NCL Bliss RT SEA 5/19 $449 and NCL Jewel YVR->ANC $229 on 5/20.   Yes the air will be high unless you live in Seattle or can drive or have miles, but still great deals.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

Alaska on NCL right now for departures this weekend:  NCL Joy RT SEA 5/18: $399; NCL Bliss RT SEA 5/19 $449 and NCL Jewel YVR->ANC $229 on 5/20.   Yes the air will be high unless you live in Seattle or can drive or have miles, but still great deals.

Saw these and wished I could get there that quick.  Airfare isn't much of an issue but getting time off on short notice is.  I usually need about a month to get out of town....:classic_sad:

• 2 weeks later...

While not as inexpensive as the NCL cruises to Alaska mentioned above, the Island Princess has some deals currently for solo travelers. I just booked back-to-back cruises on it for June 19 and 26. Princess doesn't offer solo deals as often as some cruise lines do.

On 5/12/2019 at 2:25 PM, photocat75 said:

Care to share? I would like to see this list. 😊

On 5/12/2019 at 3:25 PM, photocat75 said:

I would also like a copy of your list.

Unless some sort of access to a solo lounge area is vitally important, or you want to sail at a set date regardless of cost, I would not discount good pricing on ships without solo cabins.  At times, even with a single supplement, a standard cabin may be cheaper than a 'solo' cabin.....particularly after final payment and they are trying to fill up the ship.

I actually prefer a smaller ship that often doesn't have a solo cabin - it is more personable and you might actually meet more people as you are not just one of the 5000.

• Like 2

thanks

i have been checking this out as well.

and have seen it is possible to find some things even with the double cost may be better.

don't need to make a decision , just checking out options as it has only been recently that i will be traveling alone.

It may be too late now but I got the NCL Jewel Inside Guarantee  B to B  June 17 to July 1 for $1471 with all fees, tips, port charges, and travel insurance just a few hours ago and they let me use 2 Cruise Next coupons on each leg.  So I was only $471 out of pocket now plus the $500 I spent earlier on Cruise Next.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 4:34 PM, NSnJW said:

It may be too late now but I got the NCL Jewel Inside Guarantee  B to B  June 17 to July 1 for $1471 with all fees, tips, port charges, and travel insurance just a few hours ago and they let me use 2 Cruise Next coupons on each leg.  So I was only $471 out of pocket now plus the $500 I spent earlier on Cruise Next.

Lucky you ! I asked NCL if I could use 2 Cruise Next when I booked an inside 3 weeks ago & they said no. It was a last minute cruise on the Joy at the beginning of May

Keep an eye on the NCL Escape Bermuda sailings, the one leaving tomorrow went as low as $349 before taxes fees, one guest no supplement/7 days, before they closed it down. Next week has balcony GTY under $1000 already.