Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

Azamara has some sailings with reduced single supplement.

From here.

DATE NIGHTS VOYAGE NAME FROM TO RATE %

1-May-21 6 AMALFI & ADRIATIC WONDERS Rome (Civitavecchia) Venice, Italy 125%

7-May-21 13 ITALY INTENSIVE VOYAGE Venice, Italy Barcelona, Spain 125%

20-May-21 6 GRAND PRIX WEEKEND VOYAGE Barcelona, Spain Barcelona, Spain 150%

26-May-21 10 IBERIA TO IRELAND VOYAGE Barcelona, Spain Dublin, Ireland 125%

5-Jun-21 13 IRELAND INTENSIVE VOYAGE Dublin, Ireland Stockholm, Sweden 150%

30-Jun-21 16 ICELAND INTENSIVE VOYAGE Oslo, Norway Edinburgh (Leith), Scotland 125%

16-Jul-21 12 BRITISH ISLES & GOLF VOYAGE Edinburgh (Leith), Scotland Southampton, England 150% 28-Jul-21 18 NORWAY INTENSIVE & SVALBARD Southampton, England Oslo, Norway 175%

15-Aug-21 13 BALTIC & ST. PETE VOYAGE Oslo, Norway Amsterdam, Netherlands 175%

28-Aug-21 11 CULTURE & CUISINE VOYAGE Amsterdam, Netherlands Lisbon, Portugal 150%

8-Sep-21 10 SPAIN INTENSIVE VOYAGE Lisbon, Portugal Barcelona, Spain 150%

18-Sep-21 11 ISLANDS OF THE MEDITERRANEAN Barcelona, Spain Athens (Piraeus), Greece 150%

29-Sep-21 14 BLACK SEA VOYAGE Athens (Piraeus), Greece Athens (Piraeus), Greece 150%

13-Oct-21 12 GREECE INTENSIVE VOYAGE Athens (Piraeus), Greece Athens (Piraeus), Greece 175%

18-Nov-21 19 INDIA, SRI LANKA & MYANMAR Dubai, UAE Singapore 150%

7-Dec-21 12 BALI & WESTERN AUSTRALIA Singapore Perth (Fremantle), Australia 175%

19-Dec-21 16 AUSTRALIA INTENSIVE Perth (Fremantle), Australia Melbourne, Australia 175%

4-Jan-22 16 AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND Melbourne, Australia Auckland, New Zealand 175%

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For those interested in trying small (~300 or fewer occupancy) ship cruising, Windstar currently has a lot of reduced solo supplement cruises. They have been offered pretty rarely in the past and you had to call to see which sailings had them. Now they have a lot of cruises with reduced supplement and the list is on the website:

https://www.windstarcruises.com/reduced-single-supplement/

They pretty much have something for each region. Unfortunately, they don't have price per category on-line but they do show the starting price for each cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, new_cruiser said:

For those interested in trying small (~300 or fewer occupancy) ship cruising, Windstar currently has a lot of reduced solo supplement cruises. They have been offered pretty rarely in the past and you had to call to see which sailings had them. Now they have a lot of cruises with reduced supplement and the list is on the website:

https://www.windstarcruises.com/reduced-single-supplement/

They pretty much have something for each region. Unfortunately, they don't have price per category on-line but they do show the starting price for each cruise.

Thank you so much😃......it may be the summer I finally try them!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vunico said:

I can't seem to find a single reference to beverage options on the website...

Are you asking about Windstar? 

All non-alcoholic beverages (e.g. coffee drinks and sodas) are included. Specialty restaurants are included (everyone can reserve one night for each at the start of the cruise and later in the cruise you can get additional bookings if space is available) 

Information on the All-In Package (alcoholic beverages, wi-fi, laundry and gratuity) is here:

https://www.windstarcruises.com/all-inclusive-cruise-package/

Information on the individual packages is here:

https://www.windstarcruises.com/voyage-plan/general-information/#BeveragePackages

If you book a Star Collector (b2b cruises packaged together sold as one fare - there are three 23-25 day ones on the reduced solo supplement list), the laundry package is included. I think I'm going to book the Atlantic crossing, Iberia and Canary Islands one as my husband isn't interested in any crossings and isn't interested in the Iberia and Canary Islands itinerary while I've been hoping to do that one some time. I did a 28-day one when I retired that was a Pacific crossing and Alaska cruise and loved it.

I've never bought the drink package as it takes about 4 drinks a day to break even and I don't drink that much. I always get the laundry package if I'm not taking a Star Collector.

I'm assuming that this is all on topic because it's about the total cost of the cruise.  If you want more info about the particular ships or whatever, come over and join us on the Windstar forum. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, new_cruiser said:

I've never bought the drink package as it takes about 4 drinks a day to break even and I don't drink that much. I always get the laundry package if I'm not taking a Star Collector.

Typo: I meant 5 or more drinks a day (most wines and cocktails are between $7 and $11).

I'm brand new to solo cruising  - just scheduled my first for Sept 2021 on the MSC Divina.  I was surprised to find the prices were so reasonable.  If I'm calculating this correctly, the balcony cabin solo cost correctly - it's 137% the cost for double occupancy.  Not bad - right? 

And....MSC has a Premium Plus Drinks package for $79/pp that includes the in cabin minibar!! How did I never know about this cruise line before now????  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DSJ28 said:

I'm brand new to solo cruising  - just scheduled my first for Sept 2021 on the MSC Divina.  I was surprised to find the prices were so reasonable.  If I'm calculating this correctly, the balcony cabin solo cost correctly - it's 137% the cost for double occupancy.  Not bad - right? 

And....MSC has a Premium Plus Drinks package for $79/pp that includes the in cabin minibar!! How did I never know about this cruise line before now????  

Congrats on booking the MSC Divina (as a solo) for Sept 2021. Fingers crossed 🤞 she sails. Yeah, I'm also very interested in MSC. I'm planning way out (mainly because I'm already booked out that far; see my booked cruises in my signature block, lol) to book with MSC (perhaps the MSC Seashore) for Nov or Dec 2023.

I'd say you got a great solo deal by getting the solo supplement at only 37% (137% total double occupancy). I have booked multiple cruises with RCI because they were running their "60% off the 2nd guest" sale which effectively lowers the solo supplement to 40% (so, pretty close to your 37% with MSC).

As a matter of fact, I went to book the Ovation OTS in a studio balcony cabin (120 sq ft) but because of the sale, it was much less to book a regular balcony cabin (200 sq ft). So, a bigger stateroom (80 sq ft more) at a much lesser price. A win-win.

The Premium Plus drink package sounds great (especially since it also includes the cabin's mini-bar). Was the $79/pp per day?

MSC does appear to be "solo friendly" (good for us, eh?). I believe MSC is competing with "the big 3" (RCI, NCL & CCL) in the U.S. market and trying to establish "a foothold". That's why I think you're seeing these god deals with MSC. I hope MSC is running the same kind of deal you got when I'm ready to book with them for my Nov or Dec 2023 cruise.

Edited by farmersfight

13 hours ago, DSJ28 said:

Not to divert this thread - it is meant for short notifications of 'deals' - but do ensure you are aware of the differences of MSC to other lines.  Read up on it, including reviews by Americans, as they are a European line with a different type of customer service than expected by North Americans.  Some travel agents won't deal with them.  Head over to the MSC boards to read and ask questions so you know what you are buying and can set appropriate expectations.

1 hour ago, farmersfight said:

Congrats on booking the MSC Divina (as a solo) for Sept 2021. Fingers crossed 🤞 she sails.

The Premium Plus drink package sounds great (especially since it also includes the cabin's mini-bar). Was the $79/pp per day?

I'm so hoping to sail in September 2021 - but I'm prepared to book an oceanfront condo in somewhere along the east coast if the sailing falls through.  I have some flexibility, though I'd like to do this solo cruise directly after my family's reunion to sort of ...decompress.

The MSC Premium Plus drink package was $79/per person per day as of yesterday.  I hope to try several exotic cocktails during my trip.  If I can get my hands on the bar menus, I might even use a random selector app to pick my cocktails for me - or perhaps I could just go alphabetical...hmmmm 🤔

Your trip list is the stuff of dreams!!!! How wonderful - I hope each is better than the last!

Edited by DSJ28
fixed grammatical error
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, mef_57 said:

Not to divert this thread - it is meant for short notifications of 'deals' - but do ensure you are aware of the differences of MSC to other lines.  Read up on it, including reviews by Americans, as they are a European line with a different type of customer service than expected by North Americans.  Some travel agents won't deal with them.  Head over to the MSC boards to read and ask questions so you know what you are buying and can set appropriate expectations.

Thanks for your suggestion - I've been lurking in the MSC boards for a couple of days. I've watched several you tube videos about the MSC Divina and MSC in general.  And, I've read a few reviews. 

Based on my limited research, my expectation is that the experience will differ from what I've come to expect of Celebrity, Carnival, and Disney.  For me, that's a good thing - I'm not overly fussy, I don't need a lot of attention, and I can generally go with the flow of things.  Experiencing a new onboard atmosphere (if that's what happens in this case) appeals to me.  The schedule and cost sealed the deal. 

Traveling solo does make me more comfortable taking a risk on a new experience like this - I don't have to worry that my traveling partner(s) are enjoying themselves.  I'll be on a cruise, I'll be sipping drinks and relaxing, I'll be reading and dining aboard a gorgeous vessel.  It would be difficult to imagine I won't have at least a passably good vacation.   I plan to do a trip report and certainly share my opinions.   

I am hoping for more solo cruisers on the trip.  Back to the pricing - I haven't found a better deal for a nicer ship yet.  It's worth considering. 

• Like 4

Just booked an 8 night Eastern Caribbean on one of Celebrity's newer ships, the Edge, for 11/6.  Hoping that ships are allowed to sail from Ft. Lauderdale by that time.  This is my first solo.  I was able to book one of their single staterooms with an Infinite veranda.  Total cost including drinks, internet and tips is $2,100.  I don't have experience in previously booking solo but for 8 nights, this seems pretty reasonable.  I think it is because of the availability of solo cabins.  When I looked at itineraries/pricing on their older ships that do not have solo cabins, the single supplement was basically double.  Their two newest ships are Edge and Apex.  Just thought I would pass this along in case anyone wanted to check it out.  I've been on 7 or 8 Celebrity cruises and have always been pleased with their product.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ILgirl said:

Just booked an 8 night Eastern Caribbean on one of Celebrity's newer ships, the Edge, for 11/6.  Hoping that ships are allowed to sail from Ft. Lauderdale by that time.  This is my first solo.  I was able to book one of their single staterooms with an Infinite veranda.  Total cost including drinks, internet and tips is $2,100.  I don't have experience in previously booking solo but for 8 nights, this seems pretty reasonable.  I think it is because of the availability of solo cabins.  When I looked at itineraries/pricing on their older ships that do not have solo cabins, the single supplement was basically double.  Their two newest ships are Edge and Apex.  Just thought I would pass this along in case anyone wanted to check it out.  I've been on 7 or 8 Celebrity cruises and have always been pleased with their product.

I was attracted to Celebrity as well (as a solo cruiser).  I'm booked in one of those Single Infinite Veranda (SIV) staterooms on Celebrity Apex. Really looking forward to it (never sailed with Celebrity before).

Celebrity has gotten "solo friendly" with their new ships, Edge and Apex. Celebrity put 16 SIVs on Edge and then upped that # to 24 on Apex. Shows that Celebrty is increasing their marketing toward us solos.

Good luck and my fingers are crossed for you 🤞 that your Edge cruise will sail.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this would be considered a bargain, but solo cruisers should be aware of it.  

First of all make sure you are enrolled in RCCL's Crown and Anchor Society.  You can do it retroactively if you know the sail dates and ships you've been on, and the type of cabin.

Depending on how many points you may have, this might work out for you.

RCCL is giving all C&A members double points for every cruise in 2021 and until 9/30/22.  Solos already get double points normally, so they will get quadruple points during this promotion.  If you book a suite (the lowest price is a Jr Suite), you get 6 times the number of days.

When you get to 340 points you are eligible permanently for their DP340 booking promotion, not to mention you will be Diamond Plus after 175 points, and that's free drinks every day, balcony discounts dependent on the length of the cruise, and more.

DP340 is supposed to price your cabin at 150% for a single, but with the other promos and discounts it may not work out to exactly that.  

IMPORTANT:  when "ghost booking" e.g. price checking, you have to go all the way through the booking process to see the final discounted price using DP340.  It wouldn't hurt to also check the price just with the balcony discount, if that's your cabin preference.  I priced a lot of different cruises, and found the price difference to be significant using DP340 from the regular solo pricing.

Examples:  Navigator of the Seas using DP340 (I did not price inside cabins)

3 nights -

OV (ocean view) $557

Balcony  $614

JS (Jr Suite)  $976

4 nights-

OV (spacious) $824

Balc  $702

JS  $1126

5 nights-

OV $635

Balc $827

JS $1255

7 nights-

OV  $782

Balc $1192

JS  $1482

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, pcur said:

I don't know if this would be considered a bargain, but solo cruisers should be aware of it.  

First of all make sure you are enrolled in RCCL's Crown and Anchor Society.  You can do it retroactively if you know the sail dates and ships you've been on, and the type of cabin.

Depending on how many points you may have, this might work out for you.

RCCL is giving all C&A members double points for every cruise in 2021 and until 9/30/22.  Solos already get double points normally, so they will get quadruple points during this promotion.  If you book a suite (the lowest price is a Jr Suite), you get 6 times the number of days.

When you get to 340 points you are eligible permanently for their DP340 booking promotion, not to mention you will be Diamond Plus after 175 points, and that's free drinks every day, balcony discounts dependent on the length of the cruise, and more.

DP340 is supposed to price your cabin at 150% for a single, but with the other promos and discounts it may not work out to exactly that.  

IMPORTANT:  when "ghost booking" e.g. price checking, you have to go all the way through the booking process to see the final discounted price using DP340.  It wouldn't hurt to also check the price just with the balcony discount, if that's your cabin preference.  I priced a lot of different cruises, and found the price difference to be significant using DP340 from the regular solo pricing.

Examples:  Navigator of the Seas using DP340 (I did not price inside cabins)

3 nights -

OV (ocean view) $557

Balcony  $614

JS (Jr Suite)  $976

4 nights-

OV (spacious) $824

Balc  $702

JS  $1126

5 nights-

OV $635

Balc $827

JS $1255

7 nights-

OV  $782

Balc $1192

JS  $1482

Thanks for the valuable information about RCCL (and sailing solo on them). I wasn't even paying attention to the points but I am booked on multiple RCCL cruises in 2021 & 2022. I am a C&A member. Good to know that I will receive quadruple the points for my cruises during this promotion. Looks like I may be able to get to 340 pts relatively quickly and become eligible for the DP340 booking promotion (and as you said, become DP when I reach 175 pts). I'd go for balcony cabins as a solo for 150%. I've taken advantage of RCCL's 60% off the 2nd guest sale to, as a solo, book balcony staterooms at 140%, so what's 10% more?

Again, thanks for the valuable info.

1 minute ago, farmersfight said:

Thanks for the valuable information about RCCL (and sailing solo on them). I wasn't even paying attention to the points but I am booked on multiple RCCL cruises in 2021 & 2022. I am a C&A member. Good to know that I will receive quadruple the points for my cruises during this promotion. Looks like I may be able to get to 340 pts relatively quickly and become eligible for the DP340 booking promotion (and as you said, become DP when I reach 175 pts). I'd go for balcony cabins as a solo for 150%. I've taken advantage of RCCL's 60% off the 2nd guest sale to, as a solo, book balcony staterooms at 140%, so what's 10% more?

Again, thanks for the valuable info.

You're welcome!  I was thinking someone had already mentioned it somewhere on this board.  I've just started reading the threads here, and thought it wouldn't hurt to mention this.

The 60% off the second person promo might override the DP340, but when I saw the prices I checked (and posted above) I thought they were very reasonable.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pcur said:

You're welcome!  I was thinking someone had already mentioned it somewhere on this board.  I've just started reading the threads here, and thought it wouldn't hurt to mention this.

The 60% off the second person promo might override the DP340, but when I saw the prices I checked (and posted above) I thought they were very reasonable.

It's good to know that with the C&A points promo (on top of getting double points normally), there's something + for us solo cruisers and not just the - of having to pay double (200%) for regular staterooms. RCCL is turning out to be more "solo-friendly" than I first thought.

• Like 1

For any of you solo folks who enjoy river cruising (Roz...if you around for sure)......I just received an email from Uniworld.

If you want to jump on something this summer they have multiple sailings with REALLY GOOD prices for solos.........

Check the website......click on 2021 solo savings.........

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

For any of you solo folks who enjoy river cruising (Roz...if you around for sure)......I just received an email from Uniworld.

If you want to jump on something this summer they have multiple sailings with REALLY GOOD prices for solos.........

Check the website......click on 2021 solo savings.........

Thanks for the tip. Haven't taken a river cruise but very interested. Great pricing!

The only thing that worries me about those is all the ones with the good prices are summer or earlier.  I'm doubtful that Europe will be open for Americans to do river cruises that early, and from the (admittedly basic) search I did it looks like there would be no refunds, just credits with Uniworld.  That makes me pretty nervous.  I mean, I loved the Uniworld cruise I did, but not sure how steady any of these companies are and whether I'd ever see my $ again if the cruise got canceled.  

Maybe I'm being pessimistic?  Mostly I'm just very cheap!  🙂

11 minutes ago, vunico said:

I'm sure this is a very nice cruise,as it should be for $500 per night !

There are multiple cruises to choose from. Not just one itinerary...many in Eastern Europe and some in Western Europe as well.