Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

You don't have where you're from in your profile, so is it just too similar to home? New England and Canada are quite exotic for me since I'm from Arizona, but if it's not for you, that's fine. They'll be another good deal along in a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No. I am thrilled about the ports but the thought of 5 port days exhausts me. I'm on team sea days. Plus I'm not terribly excited about sailing out of NYC (again). This cruise is a good deal but I have to believe that another good deal will appear.

Norwegian Spirit

Western Mediterranean (roundtrip Barcelona)

March 5-12, 2017

inside guarantee $499

oceanview guarantee $699

balcony guarantee $799

However, I believe the better deal can be had for just a little bit more to receive perks and a little OBC from NCL.

inside (IF) $599 (receive $50 OBC and one perk)

oceanview (OG) $799 (receive $50 OBC and two perks)

balcony (BD) $899 (receive $100 OBC and two perks)

(Note: Port fees/taxes of $125.29 per person will be additional for all cabin fares quoted.)

It's down to $429 this morning. Strongly considering it especially with using 2 deposits and getting an additional $250 off. My friends are heading back to Brazil end of March- which I'm also considering- real give away rates with the round trip 17 day cruise. :)

12-Day Caribbean Adventure from New Orleans

Inside from $1,198

Oceanview from $1,398

Balcony from $2,198

Apr 23 - May 05, 2017 -- SUN - FRI

Sun New Orleans, Louisiana (EMBARK) --- 4:00 pm

Mon At Sea --- ---

Tue Cozumel, Mexico 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Wed Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras 7:00 am 3:00 pm

Thu At Sea --- ---

Fri Cartagena, Colombia 10:00 am 6:00 pm

Sat At Sea --- ---

Sun San Juan, Puerto Rico 10:00 am 6:00 pm

Mon Tortola, British Virgin Islands 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Tue At Sea --- ---

Wed At Sea --- ---

Thu At Sea --- ---

Fri Boston, Massachusetts (DISEMBARK)

Norwegian Spirit

Western Mediterranean (roundtrip Barcelona)

March 5-12, 2017

inside guarantee $499

oceanview guarantee $699

balcony guarantee $799

However, I believe the better deal can be had for just a little bit more to receive perks and a little OBC from NCL.

inside (IF) $599 (receive $50 OBC and one perk)

oceanview (OG) $799 (receive $50 OBC and two perks)

balcony (BD) $899 (receive $100 OBC and two perks)

(Note: Port fees/taxes of $125.29 per person will be additional for all cabin fares quoted.)

The prices have dropped further on oceanview and balcony guarantees:

OX $429

BX $699

Pay slightly more for oceanview and receive OBC with perks:

OF $599 (receive $110 OBC and two perks)

The prices have dropped further on oceanview and balcony guarantees:

OX $429

BX $699

Pay slightly more for oceanview and receive OBC with perks:

OF $599 (receive $110 OBC and two perks)

That's why I cruise only with NCL for the past few years, they have some insane prices that are unbeatable.

I am considering this cruise. I do hate paying a 100% SS. ( The room is $1278 for one or two people).

I will continue to check the price. A lower than 100% SS would help a lot. Flights from Japan to the SE of the USA are not cheap, either.

Good luck to those who do take the cruise.

Has anyone seen a lower cost trans Pacific solo deal?

Windstar

Star Pride

April 1-13, 2017

Oranjestad, Aruba, to Tenerife, Canary Islands

Ocean View Suite S

$683.50, according to one website

No taxes, presumably because there are no ports of call along the way

So tempting...

Great price. But, there are also $218.75 port fees and $55 taxes to pay.

Great price. But, there are also $218.75 port fees and $55 taxes to pay.

I went on an online site and did not see the additional fees. I also called one agency directly and they quoted me the $684 price. Maybe try another site? The problem with this itinerary is airfare. I think you have to break down the flights and get off the canary islands. Then book a one way back from Europe. I don't know if Windstar offers better airfares than what you can book yourself.

I went on an online site and did not see the additional fees. I also called one agency directly and they quoted me the $684 price. Maybe try another site? The problem with this itinerary is airfare. I think you have to break down the flights and get off the canary islands. Then book a one way back from Europe. I don't know if Windstar offers better airfares than what you can book yourself.

Windstar doesn't update prices in real time, so even online agencies need to call them to get current prices. The cost is/was actually $614.50 + $218.75 + $55 = $888.25 plus gratuities.

Windstar doesn't update prices in real time, so even online agencies need to call them to get current prices. The cost is/was actually $614.50 + $218.75 + $55 = $888.25 plus gratuities.

Well, there you go. It looks like the Star Legend has similar pricing also. $684 with whatever taxes that itinerary would have.

NCL Sun ... Re-positioning Cruise ... April 25 - May 15, 2017

Valparaiso, Chile to San Francisco

20 Nights

Ports of Call: Conquimbo, Arica, Callao, Trujillo, Puntarenas, Corinto, Puerto Quetzal, Puerto Chiapas, Huatulco, Cabo San Lucas, San Diego and San Francisco.

Solo Inside Guarantee: $999

Solo OV Guarantee: $999

Solo Balcony Guarantee: $1099

Plus port/taxes $463

Thank you for taking the time to clarify this.

...The problem with this itinerary is airfare. I think you have to break down the flights and get off the canary islands. Then book a one way back from Europe. I don't know if Windstar offers better airfares than what you can book yourself.

I usually compare apples to apples, so my reference point regarding prices and travel is other transatlantic cruises, for which a lot of what you wrote also applies.

Also, getting off the Canary Islands is not that expensive, depending on the season. On or a few days after April 13, Google Flights is showing about $100 one-way to Barcelona, for example. Other dates are as low as $22.

So, to wrap up, even after those taxes and fees are added in, less than $900 for a 12-day transatlantic is a pretty good price, IMHO, and it being on a Windstar ship adds even more value. But, that's just me. :)

NCL Sun ... Re-positioning Cruise ... April 25 - May 15, 2017

Valparaiso, Chile to San Francisco

20 Nights

Ports of Call: Conquimbo, Arica, Callao, Trujillo, Puntarenas, Corinto, Puerto Quetzal, Puerto Chiapas, Huatulco, Cabo San Lucas, San Diego and San Francisco.Solo Inside Guarantee: $999

Solo OV Guarantee: $999

Solo Balcony Guarantee: $1099

Plus port/taxes $463

In the past this has been a rock bottom give away. -going there last fall, it was $399

Same with the Epic, dumped at $399 last fall. So I don't book much of anything ahead. I pick them up last minute. But you do have to be able to act quick- and go. :)