Cosol Tours Island Tour

katjoeus

I'm interested in this tour company, but when I try to get to their website, my computer (and a second one I also tried with) directs me to a page that says "This account is suspended."

Anyone else seeing this?

I had no problem getting the site to come up. Try this link:

http://www.cosol-tours.com

We took the tour 2 years ago and found it to be one of the best excursions we've had in the Caribbean. Our driver was friendly, informative, and very friendly. We never felt rushed at any of our stops, and the boat ride to and from the Piton beach stop was a highlight.

Someone mentioned trying to do these sites on their own. Unless you're accustomed to driving in some of the mountainous islands, I wouldn't recommend it. The roads cover some very mountainous terrain with narrow, twisty roads.

One caveat: if you're at all susceptible to car sickness, take a Bonine or Dramamine before departing.

We did Cosol on our honeymoon cruise and it was one of the best excursions we ever took!

Never felt rushed, saw/did a ton, was well fed and the best part was that our driver, Baptiste used to be a police officer in our hometown of Charlotte, NC!

• 3 weeks later...

On our most recent cruise (9/16), we booked with Cosol for our stop in St. Lucia. It was quite likely our favorite tour in 16 cruises. The itinerary is exactly as stated, so I won't bore you with that. We, too, had Baptiste as our driver and he is a fascinating guy. Very engaging, very intelligent. He has wonderful life experiences and shares them freely.

Highlights... the food stops... very surprised. We are generally picky eaters but stepped out and tried alot. Very glad we did. Everything was tasty and plentiful. The breakfast stop... even tried the sop. Was interesting. Banana plantation was interesting and tasty. The Pitons were amazing. We don't snorkel often but this was the best snorkeling we've ever done. (I'm sure there is better but this was easy and tons of fish.) Nice small beach but the Pitons are the draw. Soufriere... just fun! Again... the mud bath - we stepped out of our comfort zone. So you enter a natural spring... it was BEYOND hot. We went midday. It was actually very painful. I'd do it again but can't overstate how hot it was. Then you put the mud on (outside the "tub") & go back in for a rinse. Again.. pain. Most in our group dipped a foot and chickened out. But do it! Then we went to the waterfall... it felt freezing but it was very refreshing. You can stand right under the waterfall... quite a force.

The only drawback, and this was just bad luck... we got stuck behind THREE big trucks on the way back. VERY long drive. But again, Baptiste made it awesome. The bread and cheese... tasty. I cannot recommend this tour enough.

One last funny story... there was a plane flying around that morning, just circling. Baptiste found out (former PD) that it was a drug drop that didn't go so well. Authorities were waiting... plane never landed. Just a fun story. Don't worry... crime was NEVER a concern. The people there were wonderful. I'd honestly love to do that same tour again.

• 2 weeks later...

We went in barefoot. And yes, it was HOT!! I wasn't sure that I'd actually do it because it looked so messy, but we ended up doing it alright (fueled by copious amounts of rum punch LOL) and it was great! As was the entire tour. Would 100% recommend!!!

On our most recent cruise (9/16), we booked with Cosol for our stop in St. Lucia. It was quite likely our favorite tour in 16 cruises. The itinerary is exactly as stated, so I won't bore you with that. We, too, had Baptiste as our driver and he is a fascinating guy. Very engaging, very intelligent. He has wonderful life experiences and shares them freely.

Highlights... the food stops... very surprised. We are generally picky eaters but stepped out and tried alot. Very glad we did. Everything was tasty and plentiful. The breakfast stop... even tried the sop. Was interesting. Banana plantation was interesting and tasty. The Pitons were amazing. We don't snorkel often but this was the best snorkeling we've ever done. (I'm sure there is better but this was easy and tons of fish.) Nice small beach but the Pitons are the draw. Soufriere... just fun! Again... the mud bath - we stepped out of our comfort zone. So you enter a natural spring... it was BEYOND hot. We went midday. It was actually very painful. I'd do it again but can't overstate how hot it was. Then you put the mud on (outside the "tub") & go back in for a rinse. Again.. pain. Most in our group dipped a foot and chickened out. But do it! Then we went to the waterfall... it felt freezing but it was very refreshing. You can stand right under the waterfall... quite a force.

The only drawback, and this was just bad luck... we got stuck behind THREE big trucks on the way back. VERY long drive. But again, Baptiste made it awesome. The bread and cheese... tasty. I cannot recommend this tour enough.

One last funny story... there was a plane flying around that morning, just circling. Baptiste found out (former PD) that it was a drug drop that didn't go so well. Authorities were waiting... plane never landed. Just a fun story. Don't worry... crime was NEVER a concern. The people there were wonderful. I'd honestly love to do that same tour again.

Now, a more sensitive question applicable to men of a certain age.

Enough rest room opportunities along the way?

• 2 weeks later...
Now, a more sensitive question applicable to men of a certain age.

Enough rest room opportunities along the way?

Absolutely. This was not a strenuous excursion by any stretch. The most strenuous activity was a short walk to the waterfalls. I would estimate MAYBE a 1/4 mile. Much of the time was spent touring in a comfortable van. Plenty of rest time, yet packed with fun.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just off Granduer today and had booked Cosol tour in St Lucia for our group of 12. The ship had a docking issue so we were late getting off but met up with Cosol as directed in tour confirmation email. Our driver/guide was Yellow Bird. The van was nice, spacious with comfortable seats and air conditioning. Even though we got a late start we were still able to see and do everything on the tour. Yellow Bird was very good with time managenent and we were back at the port in plenty of time.

Snorkeling at Sugar Beach was good. Swim almost out to the buoys and it drops off. We swam through walls of fish of all colors out there but there is plenty in closer to shore too.

Food tastings - stopped at a cool place where several tables were set up. We walked around the tables and filled our plates. Each food was labeled so we knew what we were eating. We fed our leftovers to the three resident dogs that hang out under the balcony. They gobble up anything you toss down to them. Wish I would have thought to bring some dog biscuits along.

Sulfur spring and mud bath - water is 100 degrees and felt great. Then you get smeared with white mud which dries quickly. Then back into the sulpher spring to wash off everything but your face. That gets washed off at the next stop, the waterfall. There you stand under the cascading water and rinse off the remaining mud. Our skin felt nice and soft after.

We learned a lot about the island, made a stop for still warm, freshly baked bread and another stop for cheese to put in the bread.

Not sure what my favorite part of the tour was, it was all fun and interesting. But everyone in our group agreed that it was well worth the cost.

I believe we were on the second COSOL van on the same tour Checkard already mentioned. We had Adrien as our guide and he was excellent also.

I agree with most of what Checkard has said except we wish we had more time at the mud baths and waterfall. Seems we were running a bit late, we did feel rushed to be in and out of the hot springs and mud bath and barely had time to get in and under the waterfall. Other than that, we got what was promised and the experience and tour was very nice.

Cheers

Len

Edited by Giantfan13

Just a word of warning. This tour does go thru some very step very winding mountain roads. MY DW did get a bit car sick, so if anyone is prone to that, be forewarned.

Cheers

Len

I agree - it was a little unnerving at times, too! But we were prepared and took a dose of meclizine prior and all was well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I did this tour about 3 years ago and thought it was fantastic. For those going to the island for the first time, I highly recommend Cosol. I am going back to St. Lucia again this Christmas and will likely take my daughters on with Cosol that visit. I had considered doing one of the other highly rated excursions that are similar but have more of a boat component to them but am not crazy about paying an extra $25-$35 per person (times six) for this.

I recommended Cosol to a buddy who did it with his family last year and he said it was the best tour he took on his cruise. I thought the meal was outstanding and different and there was so much extra food left over they were begging us to eat it. When my buddy went a year later he said that Cosol had so many vans there that the food got picked over FAST and they ran out. Keep this in mind if you do the tour - grab the food fast if you can in case this happens to you. The rum punch they served was THE BEST drink I have ever had. If I could buy it and take it onto the ship to take home, I would have ordered a barrel of it. Too strong for many people, but all the more for me.

We missed out on the waterfall when we went since a bad storm came through and washed out the road to it. Roads curve a lot but never felt sick in the vehicle like others reported. LOTS of stops on the way. Would have liked more time at the stops but I fully realized that there was so much to see and only so much time. We got back to the port with about 45 minutes to spare and were dropped at the shopping area right outside the ship.

Cannot say enough positive things about Cosol and I hope we get to experience his tour with our kids again later this year.

Edited by Russ Lomas
add a little more

• 2 weeks later...

We are also booked on a private tour, as our ship anchors off Pigeon Island. This appears to be the reason he only offered private. Does the private tour join up with the caravan, or are we lagged behind?

D.

• 3 weeks later...

I ( single passenger) am thinking of taking this tour.

I do not swim. At the mud bath and swim/snorkel stops is there a place to sit while waiting for the others in the van.

How long a stop do they give you at the mud bath and swim?

I ( single passenger) am thinking of taking this tour.

I do not swim. At the mud bath and swim/snorkel stops is there a place to sit while waiting for the others in the van.

How long a stop do they give you at the mud bath and swim?

We were at the mud bath about 45 minutes and the beach stop by the pitons for an hour. You do not need to swim for either of these activities, but yes there is a place to wait for the others.

Just returned from our cruise and we did use Cosol tours for the day. Our driver was Baptist and he was great, Very knowledgable about the island. The van held about 12 of us and enough room. The roads are not very wide and agree with other posts about the winding roads. Would recommend the company for a lans tour

• 4 weeks later...
Just returned from our cruise and we did use Cosol tours for the day. Our driver was Baptist and he was great, Very knowledgable about the island. The van held about 12 of us and enough room. The roads are not very wide and agree with other posts about the winding roads. Would recommend the company for a lans tour

Hello, Im thinking of booking, where did you lunch ?

Hello, Im thinking of booking, where did you lunch ?

Lunch is actually at someone's home - tables set up on the patio/driveway with a variety of local foods to sample. Enough to make a decent meal! There was also a stop to get fresh bread and cheese

Sent from my iPad using Forums