My upgraded score of the Grand Princess

Cruise Raider

While we did have a really good time on her this last time out, I do wish we could get one of the Island or Crown class ships home based out of SF since they seem to like giving us the older gals. Would the new Royal or the Regal be too much to ask for??? I am ready for a change. :D

After the first time on the Grand, I swore never again. This last cruise on her to Alaska was great!! You can have the Royal/Regal/Majestic. On sun enriched itineraries on the west coast I'd rather have a "full" sized balcony, then the reduced sized ones on the new ships. Loved the Island, next trying the Crown and back on the Grand in Feb. Bring back the Sapphire to the west coast.

Thanks for your review!

I've been on the Grand twice and thought it was fine. That was before Skywalkers was removed but I like the look of her now with a more open aft section.

Am sailing on her again in 8 weeks to Hawaii. I was hoping the might be switching to the heavenly bedding before my cruise and the scheduled dry dock. But if not, I still sleep very well on a cruise.

I use an ecig so will be visiting the smoking are occasionally. Good to hear it's a decent area.

Thanks again.

While we did have a really good time on her this last time out, I do wish we could get one of the Island or Crown class ships home based out of SF since they seem to like giving us the older gals. Would the new Royal or the Regal be too much to ask for??? I am ready for a change. :D

Having sailed on the "new and improved" (NOT!) Island Princess I would take the Grand any day. I agree that it would be great to have one of the newer ships based out of SF but not Island Princess. I sailed on her to give a fair chance to the changes and neither my wife nor I enjoyed the ship. We kept "coming up short" of ship when we headed aft.

After the first time on the Grand, I swore never again. This last cruise on her to Alaska was great!! You can have the Royal/Regal/Majestic. On sun enriched itineraries on the west coast I'd rather have a "full" sized balcony, then the reduced sized ones on the new ships. Loved the Island, next trying the Crown and back on the Grand in Feb. Bring back the Sapphire to the west coast.

I have to wonder about Sapphire. Since it seems to be constantly chartered in China will it still be that way after Majestic deploys there or will it return to US based cruises? I guess only time will tell.

Edited by Thrak

I have to wonder about Sapphire. Since it seems to be constantly chartered in China will it still be that way after Majestic deploys there or will it return to US based cruises? I guess only time will tell.

It would be so great if they brought her back to us.