Liberty of the Seas - Royal Suite Review - Aug 21 2016 Sailing

Did you arrange your transportation before hand or once you were on port? How long is the ride? How much is the entrance fee at Doctor's? How late can you stay there in order to make it back to the ship on time? Are there any other beaches closer to Falmouth that you would recommend? How about Red Stripe? It sounds like you've been to these ports of call several times. Thanks for your help.

Did you arrange your transportation before hand or once you were on port?

In port - Get off the ship and walk to the taxi stand located on east side of building 17C

28812163854_ba6559a237_b.jpg

Right in front of this sign there will be a taxi dispatcher filling up taxi vans to Montego Bay (This is an old pic but the round trip rates are the same)

28812303544_bd284c73fe_b.jpg

How long is the ride?

30 mins going since driver gave us a great free tour. 18 mins coming back

How much is the entrance fee at Doctor's?

$6 adults $3 children

How late can you stay there in order to make it back to the ship on time?

You coordinate a time with the driver. All aboard for us was 4:30pm, we left the beach at 3pm to be on the safe side

Are there any other beaches closer to Falmouth that you would recommend? How about Red Stripe?

A lot of people like Red Stripe. I didn't care for the ride on the dirt road and the secluded nature of the beach - your mileage may vary

THANK YOU, THANK YOU for this specific post. We are newbies sailing to Jamaica and had no clue what to do there. What you did pretty much sums up what we would like to do. Seems very exciting! Better than paying an arm and a leg for a day resort pass.

My pleasure - Cruise Critic has been a great resource for me, glad to pay it forward.

Great review Ken. I do have a question in regards to the different "behind the scenes" tours. Were they just for RS & OS guests or was it offered to GS folks as well?

The tours were offered through the Loyal Ambassador, so I assume it's because we are Diamond Plus. Not 100% sure if it's a suite perk also.

Thanks for the thorough review Ken, enjoyed following along! I've been debating about this cruise for next summer since FOS is going to Europe and Galveston is a drive for us BUT after hearing about the non-voom that might be a deal breaker. Unfortunately, we can't unplug because of our job requirements and after having real voom finally on FOS this summer, we can't go back to non-voom.

Lois

Just an awesome review!!! I loved LOTS back in May....took my daughter for her first cruise and she loved it. We most likely go back in May again in 17 cause she loved the kids area and slides. I've told many people that KC makes you feel like one of the guys/family on each of his periscopes!! You can't fake that kind of sincerity in my opinion. Can't wait for the next cruise for ya! Thanks again from all of us!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Bob. Surprising Voom info too.

Sorry to bother you again but you were on the exact same itinerary as we will be (in exactly two weeks) and seem to be really thorough with your reviews. I'm trying to book MTDs for the entire cruise but would love to see the Compasses beforehand in order to schedule around shows bad other entertainment. If you have them, could you post them or a link?

Thank you very much.

Great review Ken. I do have a question in regards to the different "behind the scenes" tours. Were they just for RS & OS guests or was it offered to GS folks as well?

On our 2 previous cruises we were offered free tours based on being in a grand suite. (Both last year on Navigator and previously on Jewel.) This was not the case on Liberty. We were not offered anything. I will say that we received more deliveries in our stateroom on Liberty than we did on Navigator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the May cruise, nothing was offered. But it had been on previous cruises, so I requested a bridge tour from Carlos and he set it up for us. No charge.

Just an awesome review!!! I loved LOTS back in May....took my daughter for her first cruise and she loved it. We most likely go back in May again in 17 cause she loved the kids area and slides. I've told many people that KC makes you feel like one of the guys/family on each of his periscopes!! You can't fake that kind of sincerity in my opinion. Can't wait for the next cruise for ya! Thanks again from all of us!!!

Wow - Thanks for the kind words Brian.

For those of you in Grand Suites or above, you can ask the Concierge for a behind the scenes tour. They can usually arrange that for you - that's how we did a bridge tour a few years back.

thanks again for a great review.

What's the pecking order of suites? If we're in a Royal Family Suite on Liberty would we get an invitation for a tour? Or no?

What's the pecking order of suites? If we're in a Royal Family Suite on Liberty would we get an invitation for a tour? Or no?

Most likely varies, and depends on the Concierge. As mentioned, best to indicate your interest in a tour with the Concierge early in the cruise.

Fantastic review, your cabin looks awesome. Hopefully one day I can talk DH into booking one, maybe an anniversary.

I sure hope the entertainment is better on my cruise in October. I am a newbie to Royal but sailing with women who have never cruised before. I was going to suggest the welcome aboard show but not sure now.