Labadee Cabana how to choose/best choice considering......

acruisenwego

We, DH & I have reserved an OW cabana on Nellies Beach for our 9/10 Oasis sailing and have a few questions/concerns I am hoping you all can help with!

I have mobility/shoulder problems and DH cannot swim. So in your opinion ...

1. which cabana would be best for us?

2. Can I call C&A so they can note it on our res?

3. How deep is the water in front of the cabanas that have ladders.

4. Where is the checkin for the cabanas?

5. Should we make sure we are off the ship in the 1st group to get the cabana we want?

6. We also dont want to take cabanas 1/10 as they look to be best for families with kids.

7. Will we require water shoes....

8. Is there anything else that we should know

Thanks in advance for all your help! Kate

Cabanas 9 & 10 are handicap accessible. There is a nice cement ramp down to the water with not ladder access necessary. I would suggest one of those. We had #10 three years ago and loved it.

Try calling RCCI's Accessibility Department and they should be able to help you. the water varies in depth in front of the other cabins that have ladder and will vary also with the tide depth at the time you are there. #8 and #7 shared a set of steps and the water was ankle deep when you stepped off the last step. The other end of the cabana with ladder, the water was waist deep

Just as you get onto the island, there is an area with golf carts. That is where you check in for your cabana. They give you a ride to the cabana.

We were actually one of the last off the ship and #10 was all that was left when we got there. I think it is different now since they take most reservations once you are onboard.

I had water shoes but my feet are really sensitive to anything. I would suggest them for that reason since there are small stones and pieces of coral in the sand. Water shoes just make it easier to get around.

Enjoy your day on Labadee. It was a great beach day for us. The water depth goes deeper very slowly so even your DH should enjoy his day at Labadee.