Our 1st cruise on NCL & review!

SportsMomof4

I wont bother finishing the review. But the entire synopsis of our cruise was the food was TERRIBLE!! The only meals that were ever edible were breakfast & the pizza & pasta at the Italian restaurant. The last day DH & I got so sick from the food at the poolside BBQ that we were stuck in our rooms the entire night.

For days after the cruise my DH would randomly say the food was disgusting. That was our 1 major complaint. Yeah the ship was older but that didn't bother us. The crowds were partiers but that didn't bother us either.

I am sad you won't be finishing, as I was curious to hear the rest as I feel you were being more than fair with your review!! BUT, I understand why you wouldn't want to finish. For people to say it's your fault for going to the MDR... I am booked on the Getaway and yes I plan on hitting up a few specialty restaurants, I will not go on NCL again if the MDR food is that bad that you are basically forced into specialty dinning. I am going into my cruise with an open mind. I always thought people on the RCI boards were bad, but man I'm afraid to even post on the NCL board seeing all these responses!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

The problem is food is subjective. What one person likes someone else won't. Granted we usually eat in specialty restaurants because hey we are on vacation so we splurge. That being said in main dining room if an entree is that bad send it back and get something else. I always find it hard to believe that there is nothing that is ok. Geese I always end up coming back gaining a few lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wont bother finishing the review. But the entire synopsis of our cruise was the food was TERRIBLE!! The only meals that were ever edible were breakfast & the pizza & pasta at the Italian restaurant. The last day DH & I got so sick from the food at the poolside BBQ that we were stuck in our rooms the entire night.

For days after the cruise my DH would randomly say the food was disgusting. That was our 1 major complaint. Yeah the ship was older but that didn't bother us. The crowds were partiers but that didn't bother us either.

I am sorry that you are not finishing your review but I understand. Food is subjective and also varies depending on the ship. I've not been on the Sky but I can tell you that on the Epic we found the food in the MDRs to be much better than several of the specialty restaurants. We left Cagneys with our plates basically untouched and went to the buffet later on (can't stand overcooked steaks). On other ships its the reverse, the specialty restaurants may be better than MDR or buffet. Again, I hope you will give Escape a chance.