Why the discrepancy in new beverage package prices?

laedw

I noticed on one of the threads that several CCs have purchased the deluxe package for $46 per day (20% off) + 18% gratuities for their upcoming cruises. But when I looked to purchase the same package for my May 2017 Harmony of the Seas sailing, my CP showed $48 per day with 20% off. I called RCCL and inquired about the discrepancy and, of course, the rep simply quoted the rate without answering my question. :mad: So, I'm reaching out to CCs for an explanation. Thanks in advance!

I would like to know that as well!!!:mad: Below is exactly what I just paid yesterday for the new Deluxe package for my Oasis cruise next March for one person per day for 7-nights:

Deluxe Package Special Offer (20% off): $336.00

*Service Charge (which I assume is 18% grats): $60.40

Total Amount Due: $396.48

I hear some are paying less! Why?:confused: Are their cruises < 7-nights maybe? Are some privileged? Is it where they live? Why the discrepancy? Sorry for the rant!:o

Oops! Just saw the replies above after I finished typing this! I agree with both of you!

Edited by SilkySal
add sentence

Beverage package prices can vary sailing to sailing.

Thank you! I knew you'd have a logical explanation.:) Now why couldn't the RCCL rep provide me with that instead of restating what I was viewing online!:confused:

That was the same price I received for the Deluxe Package and made me wonder why some received the $46 per day and others $48 per day. I have an OBC and I'm taking two bottles of wine onboard with me. I may just skip purchasing the package!

Thank you! I knew you'd have a logical explanation.:) Now why couldn't the RCCL rep provide me with that instead of restating what I was viewing online!:confused:

You're welcome.

I don't know why the reps are not better informed, but the company has a consistent problem dispersing accurate and timely information throughout the organization.

They change the price depending on the ship, time of sailing, etc. Since Harmony is the newest ship, its not surprising they're charging more. Their marketing materials always include something similar to "prices subject to change without notice". Also when I go to purchase, it says "Prices starting from $46 USD per day".

Edited by MikeBTN

I have a B2B booked for Nov. 2017. Our first cruise the price is $46, the second cruise is $44.

Maybe because the first one is over a holiday it's more expensive? Seems strange considering we have an extra sea day on the second cruise. You would think the price would be higher if we are going to be able to utilize the package a little better with more time on the ship.

I'll probably never understand Royals pricing strategies. :rolleyes:

They change the price depending on the ship, time of sailing, etc. Since Harmony is the newest ship, its not surprising they're charging more. Their marketing materials always include something similar to "prices subject to change without notice". Also when I go to purchase, it says "Prices starting from $46 USD per day".

We are booked on Ovation's inaugural cruise out of Sydney in December for 15nights (to New Zealand). Back in June, I purchased 2 Premium Packages for AUD73 pp/day (including gratuities) - with the 20% Discount. Yesterday I cancelled the packages and instead purchased 2 Deluxe Packages for AUD69.05pp/day (including gratuities) also with the 20% Discount. Saved over AUD224 !!

In February, we are booked on the Legend from Brisbane to Singapore (11 nights) and it is also AUD69.05pp/d - including grats and 20% discount.

In August next year on Vision (TA - 16 nights) - AUD59 pp/day with discount PLUS Service Charge (grats).

At least in Australia gratuities are included in the price - as most people know we like to see one price only, not +++ :)

Go figure!!

I noticed on one of the threads that several CCs have purchased the deluxe package for $46 per day (20% off) + 18% gratuities for their upcoming cruises. But when I looked to purchase the same package for my May 2017 Harmony of the Seas sailing, my CP showed $48 per day with 20% off. I called RCCL and inquired about the discrepancy and, of course, the rep simply quoted the rate without answering my question. :mad: So, I'm reaching out to CCs for an explanation. Thanks in advance!

I booked deluxe package on Tuesday for my sister and sil and price was 46.00. Today the price was 44.00. So I cancelled and then rebooked at cheaper price. So keep checking every day.

I booked the Deluxe for my husband on Tuesday and from another Thread was alerted to the change in pricing so called them 5 minutes ago and she cancelled the original booking and reordered, however the pricing is showing $46 not $44 so I may have missed an even lower pricing.

silky I originally paid the $396.48 and now it is 379.96, a $16.52 savings.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Yep...bought deluxe Tuesday at $46 + grats per day.....checked tonight and it is now $44 + grats per day. Canceled and re purchased. Love saving money! [emoji6] sailing Liberty, October 16th.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My husband purchased the Select Package for wine and beer for our March 3, 2017 Navigator cruise. When I go to Beverages, a pop up box appears telling me that the Select package is no long offered, but if we already purchased it, it would be honored on our cruise. Or we can upgrade to the new Deluxe package on board.

When I look at the packages, it shows the Ultimate for $46.00, the Premium for $44.00 and Royal Replenish for $19.00, as well as the soda package for $8.50. All were per day.

It does not even list the Deluxe package. It sounds like everyone else is at least seeing the Deluxe package, instead of Ultimate and Premium.

Strange? :confused:

When I look at the packages, it shows the Ultimate for $46.00, the Premium for $44.00 and Royal Replenish for $19.00, as well as the soda package for $8.50. All were per day.

It does not even list the Deluxe package. It sounds like everyone else is at least seeing the Deluxe package, instead of Ultimate and Premium.

Strange? :confused:

Well, not that strange in the world of Royal IT. From what I read here, it seems like they are changing the beverage options on a cruise by cruise basis. In other words, you might see different options in a few weeks.