Disney Wonder on Webcam showing her being stripped

Ex techie

Anyone else see the little horn battle between the Fantasy and Wonder? :D

ex techie

Speaking of horns.....some of the newer Princess ships now play a portion of the "Love Boat" theme.

Wonder--good luck, baby. Hope they don't spoil you.

Edited by moki'smommy

Speaking of horns.....some of the newer Princess ships now play a portion of the "Love Boat" theme.

Wonder--good luck' date=' baby. Hope they don't spoil you.[/quote']

I've seen a youtube clip of that!

MSC ships also have "musical horns" now!

We Are The Champions, We Will Rock You, Seven Nation Army

[YOUTUBE]2VZCRWKgh1E[/YOUTUBE]

Was still DCL thing and first though!

ex techie

We just got off the Wonder yesterday after the 14 day Panama Canal cruise. The cruise was fabulous but the AC was woefully inadequate. She def needs the overhaul. The crew is very excited about it. Many of them were staying aboard for the time in the yards. They are so proud and thrilled about the changes.

We just got off the Wonder yesterday after the 14 day Panama Canal cruise. The cruise was fabulous but the AC was woefully inadequate. She def needs the overhaul. The crew is very excited about it. Many of them were staying aboard for the time in the yards. They are so proud and thrilled about the changes.

While she definitely does need to have her time in reimagining (from what I've heard), that is not necessarily the reason the AC was "inadequate". It's possible that people were ignoring the signs about keeping the balcony doors closed. When people prop them open, it affects the AC for entire blocks of cabins.

While she definitely does need to have her time in reimagining (from what I've heard), that is not necessarily the reason the AC was "inadequate". It's possible that people were ignoring the signs about keeping the balcony doors closed. When people prop them open, it affects the AC for entire blocks of cabins.

All very true, and actually it does not take to many open balcony doors open to effects many cabins.

AKK

I too was on the EBPC cruise and yes the aft stairs were always very warm. I know deck 9 going into beach blanket the doors are open most of the time with people going in and out to the pool area. Also deck 4 where you can go out to the promenade deck was also very warm. The forward staircase smelled bad for half the trip. By route 66 it always had a stench.

I found the adult entertainment lacking. I'm a male in my late 30's and I just do not find origami, or cutting out paper 3d things much fun. The guy who wrote the love boat song we did not go see, We tried to see the "bell of Broadway" but she too was not our thing. We had a blast don't get me wrong but my wife, 2 sons and I spent many hours with nothing to do. Both my sons found the clubs not much fun. My younger son (9) really did not like half the staff. He found them rude, they were asking if he wanted a drink he said yes, they replied that it was not a yes or no question. He did not hear them ask if he wanted juice, milk or water. There were other kids the ripped up another kids project and laughed about it, the staff did nothing to the kid that ripped up the project.

I am happy I tried Disney, but we will be taking our cruise dollars elsewhere.

That is a good point. But it was so hot that I can't imagine many people even using their balconies. We were afraid to open ours as the cabin was so warm. On this cruise OUR balcony was a total and complete waste of money.

On our first Disney cruise it was too hot to use the balcony, but the AC was fine. I don't know if that was because the system was new or because people were following the instructions to not leave a balcony door open....my guess is that no one wanted them open!

That is a good point. But it was so hot that I can't imagine many people even using their balconies. We were afraid to open ours as the cabin was so warm. On this cruise OUR balcony was a total and complete waste of money.

Was it that hot during the entire cruise ... more so through the PC? Is it hot like cruising the Eastern Caribbean? Was the AC inadequate in keeping your stateroom cool if you refrained from opening your balcony door? Was it in the 30's (Celsius as we're Canadian :) ...

I too was on the EBPC cruise and yes the aft stairs were always very warm. I know deck 9 going into beach blanket the doors are open most of the time with people going in and out to the pool area. Also deck 4 where you can go out to the promenade deck was also very warm. The forward staircase smelled bad for half the trip. By route 66 it always had a stench.

I found the adult entertainment lacking. I'm a male in my late 30's and I just do not find origami, or cutting out paper 3d things much fun. The guy who wrote the love boat song we did not go see, We tried to see the "bell of Broadway" but she too was not our thing. We had a blast don't get me wrong but my wife, 2 sons and I spent many hours with nothing to do. Both my sons found the clubs not much fun. My younger son (9) really did not like half the staff. He found them rude, they were asking if he wanted a drink he said yes, they replied that it was not a yes or no question. He did not hear them ask if he wanted juice, milk or water. There were other kids the ripped up another kids project and laughed about it, the staff did nothing to the kid that ripped up the project.

I am happy I tried Disney, but we will be taking our cruise dollars elsewhere.[/QUote]

Was there a good run of movies in the Theatre? My understanding is that the PC cruises have less families due to the itinerary etc ... so was the adult entertainment or lack of more noticeable because of the 5 days at sea than it would be when you have a Port of Call every 2nd day?

Was there a good run of movies in the Theatre? My understanding is that the PC cruises have less families due to the itinerary etc ... so was the adult entertainment or lack of more noticeable because of the 5 days at sea than it would be when you have a Port of Call every 2nd day?

There was "Star wars", "Captain America", "The BFG", I think it was call "the good dinosaur", and Peat's Dragon. They played a classic movie every day the only one I remember it "Indiana Jones". I'm sure there were others I'm not recalling right now.

Funnel Vision had many cartoons, Little mermaid, Cars, Plains,...

I'm not much of a movie person so I was not a fan that many times the only adult entertainment was a movie. I fell asleep inmost of them.

We've always had an abundance of movies on long cruises. Hint--do not wait till week 2 if there is something you want to see on the week 1 schedule. On our cruise, week 2 was NOT a repeat and many of the movies from the first week were placed back in a drawer somewhere to make time for the different ones selected for the second week.

While there were many current films shown, there were also older ones.

I am happy I tried Disney, but we will be taking our cruise dollars elsewhere.

interesting that there was a lack of adult activities on the Wonder...

DD was on the Magic earlier this month and had so many adult activities, she had to choose which ones to go to (not enough time for everything)...

it was one of the things she was worried about before her cruise (since that's a very important part of a cruise for her)..

she and her husband said it was their best cruise yet in terms of all the on board activities for adults (they're TINKs, ages 31 and 28)..

they had so much fun on the ship in fact, that they stayed on the ship for 2 of the 4 port days to give them more time on the ship...

Edited by alaska_planner