Disney Wonder on Webcam showing her being stripped

Ex techie

A cut out section is indeed a possibility.....I was only on one ship in the shipyard when they did that. However usually they just reinsert the cut out part and weld her up!. This looks alot like new plate.

We really need to see where they are and what they are doing. EI more photos!... Right now we are guessing.

Maybe you could give the Captain a call and ask him to send us a dozen photos and copy of the work order? (OK...OK..... I am joking )

AKK

Wish I could find more Skipper!

They are becoming fewer and fewer as DCL clamp down and have them removed unfortunately.

Tkerniroc1986 found some good ones though!

ex techie

A couple of pictures but nothing new:

Paint%20stripping.png

Bad weather:

fog.png

Wonder%20port%20fwd.png

I'm not sure anyone told the yard painters that the Disney Wonder sign is illuminated and not to spray paint it?! :eek:

Wonder%20sign.png

Some portholes removed. Possibly replacing some of them?

ex techie

Some NEW pictures!

From red to battleship gray:

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

Glazing replacement on the pool deck:

IMG_1174.jpg

Photo's from http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/15864-photos-disney-wonder-drydocks-in-cadiz.html

ex techie

I read that she's been seized for military transport duty like the Queen Mary and the Queen Elizabeth. But those are just rumors.

Ships will generally get two coats of anti-corrosive primer before the topcoat color goes on. They will usually use two widely different primer colors, like brick red and gray, to be able to see any "light" spots or "holidays" in the coating.

Ships will generally get two coats of anti-corrosive primer before the topcoat color goes on. They will usually use two widely different primer colors, like brick red and gray, to be able to see any "light" spots or "holidays" in the coating.

Great info Chief!

ex techie

I am not sure that any of this is new or accurate, but when I was looking at the Deck Plans this morning it does show a Concierge Lounge on Deck 10 with outdoor seating. The plans also show both staircases remaining. (the stair seem to be a hot topic but not sure what the pros/cons of 2 staircases is)

I've never been on a Disney Cruise before

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships/deck-plans/

Because ships have godmothers? I just always refer to them as "she" and have always been referred to as feminine. Plus ships are expensive to upkeep, keep dressed, and furnish...just like a woman lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tkerniroc1986

Because ships have godmothers, and have always been referred to as feminine. Plus ships are expensive to upkeep, keep dressed, and furnish...just like a woman lol

LOL............your a brave guy to print that last sentence! (I call it......the rigging costs more then the hull)

Well you are right...........way back in sailing days, when ships and boats were starting to be built for speed, they were graceful and pretty and sailors started referring to them as female..

Ok.......why do they call the guest's rooms on ships *staterooms* and *cabins*??

LOL............your a brave guy to print that last sentence! (I call it......the rigging costs more then the hull)

Well you are right...........way back in sailing days' date=' when ships and boats were starting to be built for speed, they were graceful and pretty and sailors started referring to them as female..

Ok.......why do they call the guest's rooms on ships *staterooms* and *cabins*??[/quote']

Yes, yes I am... sweating at the brow now hahahahaha I'm liking this quiz day!