Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

I just read that a roumor for a return of voyager of the seas in Europe for summer 2019 , anyone can confirm that ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Forums

It is possible.

Royal will have too many ships in the area when Spectrum starts in Asia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just read that a roumor for a return of voyager of the seas in Europe for summer 2019 , anyone can confirm that ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Forums

It is possible.

Royal will have too many ships in the area when Spectrum starts in Asia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oooooh...now that would throw a spanner in the works!!! Maybe another Global Voyage a la Mariner!!!?;)

PS I would love there to be a Californian based ship too but just for the fact that I have never been to the West Coast of USA and that would be my excuse to go!!!

Oooooh...now that would throw a spanner in the works!!! Maybe another Global Voyage a la Mariner!!!?;)

PS I would love there to be a Californian based ship too but just for the fact that I have never been to the West Coast of USA and that would be my excuse to go!!!

Mariner trip looks to be cancelled.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Another vote for an RCI ship back to my west coast...Everyone everywhere else has one, certainly RCI could afford to give us one back again...They just might be surprised at how well it would sell.

Another vote for an RCI ship back to my west coast...Everyone everywhere else has one, certainly RCI could afford to give us one back again...They just might be surprised at how well it would sell.

I got a survey from them last week about what I'd like to see in cruising. I may have slightly exaggerated my interest in western Mexican ports. A girl can dream!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John -- is that for your plans or did RCI change the itinerary?

Oh, sorry. RCI is stating drydock scheduling issues and will be canceling the TA for sure, and possible other legs. Drydock plans may be to ambitious or possible issues with available facilities. Not sure yet

I got a survey from them last week about what I'd like to see in cruising. I may have slightly exaggerated my interest in western Mexican ports. A girl can dream!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm dreaming too so make room :halo:

Anyone have a clue if Independence will be doing the transatlantic crossing in October 2019 (western)? We wanted to do it in 2018 but already had a different cruise booked Royal put out their cruises so much later than other lines and when booking in the UK deposits have never been refundable.

Mariner trip looks to be cancelled.

I had heard that John...that is terrible for those who had booked. I have heard a lot of people doing all 3 legs or taking Navigator over from US and taking Mariner back. I wonder if it is going to take longer to change the ship back from an Asian based ship? It will be interesting to see what happens with the subsquent sailing people have already booked too.

Anyone have a clue if Independence will be doing the transatlantic crossing in October 2019 (western)? We wanted to do it in 2018 but already had a different cruise booked Royal put out their cruises so much later than other lines and when booking in the UK deposits have never been refundable.

Our non-refundable policy sucks! :o

For those caught up in the Mariner news, I just checked the UK booking site and it is showing the following

22 March 7 night Spice of Southeast Asia from Singapore

then nothing showing until

22 April 15 night Arabian Sea & Suez Canal from Dubai

then nothing showing until

25 June 4 night Bahamas from Miami

so it looks like it is impacting quite a lot of sailings.

While that may be one reason, there are RCI ships that do meet that requirement.

Which ones? Last time i heard they refused to retrofit them because it was too costly. 10 times cheaper to install on a new build than to retrofit a ship already service.

All because they will not retrofit a ship for shore power.

That is a big part of it, but as always it gets more complicated. The problem lies when a ship in the company's fleet visits CA more than 5 times a year, then every ship in the fleet that calls in CA has to be equipped to go on shore power. That would preclude any other of Royal's ships to make an occasional call at a CA port.

Oh, sorry. RCI is stating drydock scheduling issues and will be canceling the TA for sure, and possible other legs. Drydock plans may be to ambitious or possible issues with available facilities. Not sure yet
Then will RCI drydock Mariner in Europe or somewhere on the other side of the pond? And my friends on the two of legs to bring her to Miami (from Dubai). I think they are still on OA an may be hearing from RCI soon. Were you and Laura on any of the legs? TA? Edited by SherriZ366

Then will RCI drydock Mariner in Europe or somewhere on the other side of the pond? And my friends on the two of legs to bring her to Miami (from Dubai). I think they are still on OA an may be hearing from RCI soon. Were you and Laura on any of the legs? TA?

We're on all 3 legs, for now. Airfare booked to Singapore.