Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Can we see Oasis 4 going to Asia after Barcelona?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asia and Oasis Class was often discussed and speculated, but at the end those ideas were not realized - obviously other ships might do better in that region.

Oasis IV might be so, but I wouldn't be sure for that.

And keep in mind RCCL is expanding the terminal in Miami for larger ships.

@crosby: Nice attempts to compare RCCL with P&O cruises - but IMHO RCCL cannot compete against UK's most popular cruise line.

I am sure there are way more passangers choosing P&O, or rather Princess than RCCL - bear in mind that those ships also have far more diverse itineraires than RCCL - and P&O deploys six ships from Southampton, RCCL only two...

Edited by shipfriend_max

I think RC are missing a trick by not having a decent sized ship based out of the med with a 10+ day itinerary. Was on Mariner 5 years ago for an eastern med 12 night cruise. Was a great combination of duration and ship. Vision, brilliance etc are not as family friendly and sailings from Southampton is wasted days getting from the UK to the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think RC are missing a trick by not having a decent sized ship based out of the med with a 10+ day itinerary. Was on Mariner 5 years ago for an eastern med 12 night cruise. Was a great combination of duration and ship. Vision, brilliance etc are not as family friendly and sailings from Southampton is wasted days getting from the UK to the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Totally agree. If it's just short runs on small ships I won't be doing any cruising with RC in the Med in 2018. I have no desire to sail from Southampton either.

I've sailed the 12 West Med cruise from Barcelona 3 times in the past few years on Serenade and Brilliance and would even consider doing so again but not excited at all at the prospect of doing that on Vision.

They haven't really been able to replace Harwich.

The TA from Copenhagen to Boston is the most expensive. They might try and add another from Amsterdam

They also might add a few British Isles trips like Princess has done for the last 5 or 6 years

I REALLY REALLY want to sail the British Isles itinerary - just England, Scotland and Ireland for 10-14 days. You are right - Princess offers this itinerary . To this point, I have been loyal only to Royal, but I will have to choose Princess for that sailing, unless RCCL brings a few British Isles trips back. I really hope they do!!

I've sailed the 12 West Med cruise from Barcelona 3 times in the past few years on Serenade and Brilliance and would even consider doing so again but not excited at all at the prospect of doing that on Vision.

That 12 night cruise is in the cards for us for 2018, and I have to admit, I'm a bit disappointed that Vision will be taking over. We'll probably still do it anyway simply because that itinerary has been on our bucket list forever, and I'm always afraid that Venice might ban cruise ships from sailing through the canal.

It would probably be our last ever trip on a Vision Class ship so I'll just look at it as a goodbye cruise, before Royal gets rid of them all! :eek:

Are you thinking that harmony might return to the med? We had a great time on her this year but we were hoping for oasis 4 for summer 2018! Also hoping for quantum 4 from Southampton from 2019.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Logistically it would not make any sense, to deploy a ship in Europe which is already located in the Caribbean, when another one is under construction in EUROPE. [emoji5]

So I'd reckon to have Oasis IV her for the first season, what comes after it, we will see...

To west coast: who knows RCCL's showy comments could assume there are no west coast plans, they state:

They cannot serve west coast and Mexico, since they provide an experience they cannot sell @low price. And only low-price-carriers sail such itineraries.

Princess, HAL, Carnival and NCL are low cost carriers... You never stop learning [emoji23][emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That 12 night cruise is in the cards for us for 2018, and I have to admit, I'm a bit disappointed that Vision will be taking over. We'll probably still do it anyway simply because that itinerary has been on our bucket list forever, and I'm always afraid that Venice might ban cruise ships from sailing through the canal.

It would probably be our last ever trip on a Vision Class ship so I'll just look at it as a goodbye cruise, before Royal gets rid of them all! :eek:

You won't regret doing that itinerary. It's one of the best we've ever done - hence why we did it 3 times ;)

You won't regret doing that itinerary. It's one of the best we've ever done - hence why we did it 3 times ;)

The 12 night with overnight in Venice is as good as it gets.

We done the Greek Isles in April with 12 night cruise from Rome on Celebrity Constellation and it was equally as good.

I REALLY REALLY want to sail the British Isles itinerary - just England, Scotland and Ireland for 10-14 days. You are right - Princess offers this itinerary . To this point, I have been loyal only to Royal, but I will have to choose Princess for that sailing, unless RCCL brings a few British Isles trips back. I really hope they do!!

I emailed the Ceo of Royal and was told they were thinking about it.

Years later and still nothing. Scotland is getting busier every year.

Last year, Royal Princess was sold out almost every cruise

As newly retired cruisers we would love to do some Transatlantic sailings in 2018. Specifically East coast to Scandanavia in the spring and Rome or Barcelona to East coast in the fall.

Having never had the time to do these we have no knowledge of when these start to appear for booking.

Any speculation as to WHEN??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They did but it was only part of the UK. Vision only stopped at a few ports. Princess do the 12 night round trip

Sent from my E5823 using Forums mobile app

I mean I'm not totally familiar with British Isles cruises, but this one looks decent?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/12NightBritishIslesCruise-VI12U182?currencyCode=USD&sCruiseType=CO&sailDate=06%2F27%2F2017

Asia and Oasis Class was often discussed and speculated, but at the end those ideas were not realized - obviously other ships might do better in that region.

Oasis IV might be so, but I wouldn't be sure for that.

And keep in mind RCCL is expanding the terminal in Miami for larger ships.

@crosby: Nice attempts to compare RCCL with P&O cruises - but IMHO RCCL cannot compete against UK's most popular cruise line.

I am sure there are way more passangers choosing P&O, or rather Princess than RCCL - bear in mind that those ships also have far more diverse itineraires than RCCL - and P&O deploys six ships from Southampton, RCCL only two...

Not really....

P&O is split into 2 parts the adult only part which is not in competition with RCL. Small older ships. Older retired cruisers...don't think kids should be on cruise etc etc. Lots of formal nights and food which is meat & 2 veg.

The family part capacity is similar from UK plus very significant numbers go from other ports throughout Europe. Not seen stats for this year but last summer on Allure Brits were by far the highest users. Do Royal caribbean hold a larger part of the British family Cruise market than P&O? I suspect it is roughly 50/50.

Not all P&O ships go from Uk not looked where they went from this year.

I do agree though P&O itineraries offer a much, much better choice.

Princess assuming considering separate from P&O is very small fry in UK.

Is P&O Britains most popular cruise line? If you take the adverts from British Travel Agents Independence is voted Britain's most popular Cruise Ship.

In 2018/19 we will have to bring this thread up again to see if Oasis 5??? is sailing from Southampton in competition with P&Os new ship I strongly suspect it will be :)

then again perhaps not......

Oasis from Southampton I would find to be grotesque, mass market in total!

But I do not think it will happen. Although those cruises from SOU night have many days at sea, those are still defined by destination.

And the Oasis Class is a nice weather ship, and from Southampton you can have many different kinds of climate.

And especially the Scandinavian ports are rather cold and windy, an Oasis ship would not fit at all. When booking Oasis, IMHO you desire for a sunny resort feeling. SOU cruises cannot provide that...

This is the cruise we wish to do, but don't want to go on Princess. Our friends just returned from their first Princess cruise and were bored to death at night. They said everyone went to bed by 10:30pm and there was very little to do on sea days. We may be in our 60's, but we don't need to be in bed that early when on vacation! So we're hoping Royal sets up a circle Great Britain cruise in the coming year.

But I do not think it will happen. Although those cruises from SOU night have many days at sea, those are still defined by destination.

And the Oasis Class is a nice weather ship, and from Southampton you can have many different kinds of climate.

And especially the Scandinavian ports are rather cold and windy, an Oasis ship would not fit at all. When booking Oasis, IMHO you desire for a sunny resort feeling. SOU cruises cannot provide that...

I totally agree.

A Quantum Class ship makes much more sense, IMO.

I'm ready to book my Easter Caribbean cruise on The Oasis from Port Canaveral, May 2018. Since the Oasis doesn't even get her for 2 more months I assume it will still be here in 2 years. As always, I wish for a Radiance class ship to do the 3-4 days cruises here.

Anyone know when they open booking for the Caribbean-2018

I'm ready to book my Easter Caribbean cruise on The Oasis from Port Canaveral, May 2018. Since the Oasis doesn't even get her for 2 more months I assume it will still be here in 2 years. As always, I wish for a Radiance class ship to do the 3-4 days cruises here.

Anyone know when they open booking for the Caribbean-2018

Based on history, bookings for May 2018 should open in March/April 2017.

Looks to me it is very likely at some point from Michael Bayley comments & of course the has already been 2 small trial runs

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/royal-caribbean-boss-the-uk-will-be-getting-a-brand-new-ship-in-next-few-years-4936

I think the question Royal caribbean will be asking is will the British Market fill it? I don't for 1 second suspect they will be asking will people come over from the US or other parts of Europe.

This is the cruise we wish to do, but don't want to go on Princess. Our friends just returned from their first Princess cruise and were bored to death at night. They said everyone went to bed by 10:30pm and there was very little to do on sea days. We may be in our 60's, but we don't need to be in bed that early when on vacation! So we're hoping Royal sets up a circle Great Britain cruise in the coming year.

Vision otS is serving on two British isles cruises next year, May 22 and June 27, 2017 from Amsterdam, so you can consider one of those two.

But sorry, I think you cannot determine the "night life" only by cruise line, also by destination - and British Isles/Northern Europe rather seems to be liked and booked by a little older and "set" target group and demographica - so there shouldn't be such a large difference in whether booking Princess, Celebrity or RCCl, regarding demographics...

And especially on a calmer and smaller ship such as Vision, you cannot expect such a nightlife as you could onboard Liberty otS, for example...

And if I should compare Vision otS to Caribbean Princess and RCCL to Princess, my votes would go to Princess for sure...

BTT: if the Amsterdam/Copenhagen deployment of Vision runs well in 2017, I think there's a high possibility for having Brilliance on the Northern Europe itineraries...

Edited by shipfriend_max

I mean I'm not totally familiar with British Isles cruises, but this one looks decent?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/12NightBritishIslesCruise-VI12U182?currencyCode=USD&sCruiseType=CO&sailDate=06%2F27%2F2017

It looks ok but the Princess one is more comprehensive.

Southampton / England

St. Peter Port (Guernsey)* / Channel Islands

Cobh (Cork) / Ireland

Dublin / Ireland

Belfast / Ireland

Greenock / Scotland

At Sea

Kirkwall (Orkney Islands) / Scotland

Invergordon / Scotland

Queensferry (Edinburgh)* / Scotland

At Sea

Le Havre / France