.......idle jottings continued

CCHelp

28 minutes ago, TrapperZimmy said:

A good time to get out of the cruise business.  Do you know if it was his choice or RCCL's?  Sounds like there may have been disagreement about the line's future.

I do not know the details but based on timing.....take the cash and run 😉

• Like 1

My understanding is that Larry left to free up $$ for the line - no idea if that is the case.  Johannes seemed to be pretty optimistic over the sale to a private equity firm.  He’s been moved to the Quest.  Guess we’ll have to wait and see what’s next!

• 2 weeks later...

A big yay!! from us today.   Pam received her first Covid vaccine shot today.  She is under the age limit for Phase 1 who are currently receiving shots, but is a volunteer supporting the organizations giving out the shots.  There was no guarantee she would be getting one anytime soon, if at all, but she happended to be in the right place at the right time today.

We are very happy, because the way they are doing it here if you are under 65 and healthy like Pam, you are in the Phase 4 with everyone under 65, and likely would not get your shots for several months.

I am also under 65, but luckily (I guess?) I have had some heart issues in the recent past and my turn should be coming up pretty soon.

I definitely feel like we will both have had our vaccinations completed well before any significant cruising ramps back up.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

No, the price of jet fuel for his G600 has gone up.  Forced him to also give up one stewardess.  Hard times these, you know.

The G700 is almost ready.  It looks much nicer.  Hope he upgrades. 🍸

1 hour ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

His stash of Bitcoins would need to double again.  I’m a bit worried for him though, he insists on keeping them on his trusty Commodore-64.  Spare tubes for that are getting hard to come by.

Hard to hack a Commodore....🍸

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
45 minutes ago, ho-hum said:

Surprise, surprise !

SD voyage from Venice  - Athens, 16 June, 2021 cancelled……..and no update when SD will be re-commencing.

What’s your best guess ?
Hum’s betting it’s Athens.

Further to your Athens prediction, I just looked at the SD website voyages listings more carefully.  The June 26 departure from Athens as of now shows a revised itinerary on the map only (the listed dates and ports haven’t been updated yet).  This change must have been made today too since I viewed it yesterday.  The major change is dropping Turkey (Kusadasi to see Ephesus) and adding Hydra.  There is one other Greek islands substitution.  One would think if June 26 was likely to be cancelled the itinerary wouldn’t be modified at the same time the June 16 voyage from Venice was cancelled, instead both would be cancelled.  Then again, June 16 from Venice is still listed on the website.

4 minutes ago, JES4845 said:

Further to your Athens prediction, I just looked at the SD website voyages listings more carefully.  The June 26 departure from Athens as of now shows a revised itinerary on the map only (the listed dates and ports haven’t been updated yet).  This change must have been made today too since I viewed it yesterday.  The major change is dropping Turkey (Kusadasi to see Ephesus) and adding Hydra.  There is one other Greek islands substitution.  One would think if June 26 was likely to be cancelled the itinerary wouldn’t be modified at the same time the June 16 voyage from Venice was cancelled, instead both would be cancelled.  Then again, June 16 from Venice is still listed on the website.

Well, old chum (we have sailed together so Hum permits himself this friendly appendage: if you don’t remember Hum, Hum and Blondie were the loud ones).

Well spotted about itinerary changes……surely that’s almost proof.

Turkey has seen rises in Covid cases recently.

Now, we watch SD leaving Lisbon for………?

We were booked on Venice - Athens adding three nights at the Cipriani……..ho-hum, love Venice especially without the hordes.

33 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Happy Days!  Hum is back.  So good to hear from you.  Will you have to wear a mask on SD?  I hope not, I would miss your face....  And Blondies....🍸

Hahaha….miss you and L too.
Hum is simply passing through……

Yes, masks would be required where there is a lack of social distancing…….but Hum can’t see it being enforced.

Hum would like to thank Raggy for “stepping in”…….cheque/check in post……honestly 

1 minute ago, ho-hum said:

Hahaha….miss you and L too.
Hum is simply passing through……

Yes, masks would be required where there is a lack of social distancing…….but Hum can’t see it being enforced.

Hum would like to thank Raggy for “stepping in”…….cheque/check in post……honestly 

Hate the masks.  What's the purpose of the vax if we still have to wear them.  And how will all the kissing happen with masks??  😱

On 5/27/2021 at 9:03 PM, Jim Avery said:

Hate the masks.  What's the purpose of the vax if we still have to wear them.  And how will all the kissing happen with masks??  😱

Possibly a (twice) vaccinated person could still be infective (albeit markedly reduced).

Hum can see the raison d’etre off the yacht.

Aaaahhhh…….to kiss and hug again and more importantly to be kissed and hugged again (Blondie does her best but……….).

Is it always this quiet on CC ? Shame we can’t “shoot the breeze” like old times. 

Edited by ho-hum
Raisin !
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ho-hum said:

Possibly a (twice) vaccinated person could still be infective (albeit markedly reduced).

Hum can see the raison d’etre off the yacht.

Aaaahhhh…….to kiss and hug again and more importantly to be kissed and hugged again (Blondie does her best but……….).

Is it always this quiet on CC ? Shame we can’t “shoot the breeze” like old times. 

SeaDream boards have been very quiet.  Your return should help immensely.  Lots of pent up breeze to be shot.  I hang out over at Viking Oceans, especially our roll call.  Ragnar shows up fairly regularly.🍸

OK, if it's been too quiet, I post something.

I just made our air reservations for our SeaDream 2, back to back reservations from March 20 to April 3. And just after I did that, I brought up the puzzles on jigsaw planet .com (which I do every day) and one of the random puzzles at the top of the page was a picture of a couple on a beautiful beach, and in the background was a SeaDream Yacht Club boat. That has to be a good omen.

We took our first SeaDream cruise from Barbados to St. Thomas in February of 2018. With Irma hitting St. Thomas (as it did us at home) and Maria following it, we were afraid that our cruise wouldn't happen. But it did, and we totally enjoyed the cruise, even with some swells in the southern Caribbean that led to a few port changes, and a few were disappointing. But what we really enjoyed was the ship and the other cruisers onboard. I have never been as social as I was on that trip. We were even convinced to dine with the Captain, which is something we don't normally do. But the others who were invited were people we had spent some time with onboard, and obviously that had been noticed. That's what we look for as a small ship experience.

I am so looking forward to next year's cruise. This was the first new cruise reservation that we made where we didn't need to use future cruise credits, and we'll even be joined by my brother in his own cabin for his first time on SeaDream.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ho-hum said:

The CC moderators have been quite lenient with me.  I’m sure they would allow you great leeway too - they need the clicks 🙂

Just reserve the personal insults for Jim and I, we can take it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

The CC moderators have been quite lenient with me.  I’m sure they would allow you great leeway too - they need the clicks 🙂

Just reserve the personal insults for Jim and I, we can take it!

In this new “woke” era (for the under 25s) dinosaurs like us (well, over 25s) are on the verge of extinction (how Jim has survived for so long is a miracle: whenever there are news reports of old dinosaur fossils being found in Arizona, Hum’s always worried they are reporting on Jim).

Edited by ho-hum
Where do I begin …..luv yer Jim. Never has the editing facility been used so much.
  • Like 1