Anything Québec (Quebec) City....

Jolie_Cruiser

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

Is Uber usually available at the train station in QC? 

Yes. Uber will not be queued up, but summoning a car should be pretty quick.

Be advised, At the heights of tourist season, Ubers are in quite high demand in Quebec City & surge pricing happens frequently.

• 4 weeks later...

Our ship overnights in Quebec but I intend to fly out the first day and not spend the night. Are taxis always available at the cruise port to go to the airport? Would it be better to make a reservation in advance with a taxi or car company?  If so, what would you recommend? I am not an Uber fan. Thanks for the help.

Edited by SJSULIBRARIAN

1 hour ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Our ship overnights in Quebec but I intend to fly out the first day and not spend the night. Are taxis always available at the cruise port to go to the airport? Would it be better to make a reservation in advance with a taxi or car company?  If so, what would you recommend? I am not an Uber fan. Thanks for the help.

Not necessary.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, andimark said:

Thanks for lots of great advice. Do you know if the funicular takes credit cards, or USD... do you need exact change? Thanks

I just saw on the website that the rate is $3.50CAD, cash only.  Free for wheelchair users,  children under 117 cm, and service animals.

https://www.funiculaire.ca/copie-de-reservations-2

4 hours ago, andimark said:

Thanks for lots of great advice. Do you know if the funicular takes credit cards, or USD... do you need exact change? Thanks

1 hour ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

I just saw on the website that the rate is $3.50CAD, cash only.  Free for wheelchair users,  children under 117 cm, and service animals.

https://www.funiculaire.ca/copie-de-reservations-2

We were just in Quebec City (which is wonderful).  You don’t need exact change. There’s a human being who takes your money and can give you change. 😀

Know that there can be some very long lines to go up if you happen to be there at the “wrong” time. We walked up; it was great. 

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

We were just in Quebec City (which is wonderful).  You don’t need exact change. There’s a human being who takes your money and can give you change. 😀

Know that there can be some very long lines to go up if you happen to be there at the “wrong” time. We walked up; it was great. 

My bad knee (knee replacement planned after this cruise!) won't allow the steps, so I guess I will have to wait in line.

On 9/28/2019 at 3:16 PM, andimark said:

If I remember correctly they will take USD, but won't calculate the conversion and give you back CND. So if you pay 10$ USD for two people they will give you back 3$ CND.

If you want you could take a taxi/uber from the lower town and get dropped off at a higher spot like Place D'Youville, The Plains of Abraham, Citadelle, etc. So that you would only have to walk down from there.

Edited by daneault

20 hours ago, daneault said:

If I remember correctly they will take USD, but won't calculate the conversion and give you back CND. So if you pay 10$ USD for two people they will give you back 3$ CND.

If you want you could take a taxi/uber from the lower town and get dropped off at a higher spot like Place D'Youville, The Plains of Abraham, Citadelle, etc. So that you would only have to walk down from there.

Perfect - I didn't want to have to exchange $ for only one use. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

With a few cruise ships in port on the same day, there was a huge queue for the funicular in the morning. However, there are 2 cars running continuously and we really didn't have to wait as long as we feared.

For anyone in a wheelchair, you need to send someone ahead to alert a member of staff as the 'normal' entrance is up a few steps. There is a step-free route around the side but someone needs to open the gate from inside.

We just got back from our cruise.  There was a long line for the funicular when we lined up.  The line moved very quickly. [or quicker than I thought it would].  Yes, they take US dollars at par. [$3.50pp] I bought several souvenirs in the gift shop at the funicular.  I know that sounds odd--but, they had good prices and cute things for the grandkids. After we got to the top we spent time on the Dufferin Terrace.  While DH spent a little extra time I did my shopping in the little gift area. 

Also, there is a little gift shop at the foot of the funicular. [directly across] that had cute things. 

PS-- they take credit cards if you by gifts.  

• 2 years later...
On 7/8/2019 at 3:46 AM, asebastian said:

Hi, can the Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré Sanctuary be reached on public transport from Quebec City? If so, please provide details.

Thanks

Did anyone ever answer this question? I would like to know if it is possible to take the bus or other transit to the falls and then on to Ste. Anne de Beaupre. If so, how early can you catch it? We dock at 7:00am.

On 3/4/2022 at 9:38 PM, Super Curly said:

Did anyone ever answer this question? I would like to know if it is possible to take the bus or other transit to the falls and then on to Ste. Anne de Beaupre. If so, how early can you catch it? We dock at 7:00am.

Transit to Montmorency? Easy - this is the link to the relevant timetable, route 800, in English, and this is the core website for RTC to check fares (might change before your trip). It's the end of the line, so simple to not screw up where to get off. Unfortunately, Ste. Anne is another 25km up the road so there's not a public transit option I'm aware of, the Falls is as far as transit buses take you in that direction.

If you just want to see both locations, rather than get a spiel en route, rent a car for the day - French street-names might make life a smidge more complicated, but the road signs follow standard colours, shapes etc. Ignore the fact speeds and distances will be in kilometres - just match the numbers on dials inside the car to those on the signs as they're in klicks too!

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2022 at 5:13 PM, martincath said:

Transit to Montmorency? Easy - this is the link to the relevant timetable, route 800, in English, and this is the core website for RTC to check fares (might change before your trip). It's the end of the line, so simple to not screw up where to get off. Unfortunately, Ste. Anne is another 25km up the road so there's not a public transit option I'm aware of, the Falls is as far as transit buses take you in that direction.

If you just want to see both locations, rather than get a spiel en route, rent a car for the day - French street-names might make life a smidge more complicated, but the road signs follow standard colours, shapes etc. Ignore the fact speeds and distances will be in kilometres - just match the numbers on dials inside the car to those on the signs as they're in klicks too!

Where is the bus stop to take route 800 in Old Quebec?  Thank you

20 minutes ago, racingraysswimmom said:

Where is the bus stop to take route 800 in Old Quebec?  Thank you

There's more than one stop - I can't even say which is closest to your ship as you could be in quite wildly different locations depending on which pier you dock at. The route I linked above isn't a static PDF, it's a live web page that offers bus tracking and maps of all stops - between that and Google maps (which integrates bus routes very well) you should be able to find your nearest stop pretty easily...

9 hours ago, martincath said:

There's more than one stop - I can't even say which is closest to your ship as you could be in quite wildly different locations depending on which pier you dock at. The route I linked above isn't a static PDF, it's a live web page that offers bus tracking and maps of all stops - between that and Google maps (which integrates bus routes very well) you should be able to find your nearest stop pretty easily...

Thank you Martincath!