Cabins

Reddd

I am booked on crown in March. In cabin r750. First time on princess. Seems so big. Worried about finding everything.

We had a wonderful time on the Crown last month. Yes it is big, so you will get plenty of exercise :D. Study the deck plans before you go, so you will be able to find the places that matter to you. You will still get lost sometimes, as we did, so laugh about it. As long as you smile, people (both crew and other passengers) will be happy to help you. You will be given a fold-out pocket map at check in, and there are lots of signs and maps around the ship.

Enjoy!

It's big but it's not:

If it's dinner time and your cruise card says "Botticelli", go aft and down to 6.

If you're looking for shopping, coffee, a sit-down meal, or "the hub of the ship", aim for deck 7 midships. You'll wander down to deck 5 perhaps, but most of what you want is either on deck 7 "mid-ish", deck 6 mid, or deck 5.

If you're looking for the buffet, Sabatini's, athletics, or fresh air, head up to at least deck 15 and wander from there.

Somewhere in the deck 8-15 range is your cabin; that part is up to you.

I've done a bit of simplification here, but that theory should get you going. They'll give you a pocket map that you'll lose or tear in no time flat, and you'll have a daily Princess Patter that you can also get on your phone/tablet if you're so inclined; when in doubt, ask a crew member.

Oh, and on the last day of the ship, you'll know where everything is...

I am booked on crown in March. In cabin r750. First time on princess. Seems so big. Worried about finding everything.

First day, board, work your way top to bottom, fore to aft, the public areas at least, get a drink at each bar....

Well that's what I do.

When you walk in your cabin, on your right and left, you'll have a bathroom

and closet. Further in you'll have a sofa, bed, tv, desk, ect. If you are missing

anything talk with your room steward. He'll find it or show you where it is! Happy cruising.

Thanks for all the info. We are on deck 14. So I guess we will be walking a lot. Eager to try princess. How will we know the pay restaurants? A little concerned we will not have a paper schedule. The patter is on phone? Do we sign up for this after we board?

Thanks for all the info. We are on deck 14. So I guess we will be walking a lot. Eager to try princess. How will we know the pay restaurants? A little concerned we will not have a paper schedule. The patter is on phone? Do we sign up for this after we board?

You will not get lost. There are ship diagrams by the stairs. The elevators have voice announcements which announce what deck you are on.

Pay restaurants on the Crown Princess are the Crown Grill, deck 7 mid aft, Sabatini's, deck 16 aft, also the Crab Shack which is held some evenings in a closed off seating section of the Horizon Ct. buffet. Make all reservations for these restaurants on board. Besides the DR's free dining is available at the International Cafe open 24/7 on deck 5 in the Piazza, Horizon Ct./Cafe Caribe buffet on deck 15 aft, open continuously from 6am until 11pm, and the Trident Grill and Prego Pizza by the Lido Pool. Room Service is also free. The DR's are open each evening for dinner. One DR is open every morning for breakfast and for lunch on sea days. Check the Princess Patter for times and location.

There is a hard copy, Princess Patter, delivered to your cabin each evening showing all the activities for the next day. You can also get the same information at no charge on a smart phone or tablet through the ship's intranet. Visit the Internet Cafe on deck 5 in the Piazza and they will assist you in setting it up.

The place on the ship that many people seem have the most trouble finding is the Botticelli DR on deck 6 aft. This DR is used for traditional fixed early and late seating dining. If you do not have traditional dining you may never visit this DR. To find this DR walk to the aft stairs/elevators on any deck number 7 to 15 and go down to deck 6. If you are on deck 5 or 6 you must go up to deck 7, walk all the way to the aft stairs and then go down to deck 6.

If you are disoriented, just ask a fellow passenger. Many passengers are repeaters and know all the ship's venues.

Edited by sknight

We had a wonderful time on the Crown last month. Yes it is big, so you will get plenty of exercise :D. Study the deck plans before you go, so you will be able to find the places that matter to you. You will still get lost sometimes, as we did, so laugh about it. As long as you smile, people (both crew and other passengers) will be happy to help you. You will be given a fold-out pocket map at check in, and there are lots of signs and maps around the ship.

Enjoy!

Put the ShipMate app on your cell phone or tablet (it's free). I put it on both. It's available for Android and IOS.

Download the ship's deck plans BEFORE you leave home.

Much easier to figure out where you are from a "top down" view rather than a "sideways view".

BTW: You're already lost, I think. There isn't a cabin R750. :confused:

Edited by JF - retired RRT

We were on the Crown in August. I loved it!! When you get off the elevator look at the carpet. Port side has blue carpet with pink edges. That's even number rooms. The starboard side has blues carpet with blues edges. That's odd numbered rooms. There is also a ship that shows which way you are going and tells you which way for your room number. It is very easy to find your room. Enjoy!!! So fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey this all great I am going to print so I don't forget. Surely I will be Abe to find everything. Ok I rechecked my booking it is 14th deck R 750. When I look at a booking on princess site it is there. But when I looked at a deck plan on this site I did not see it. Mystery room. It is far aft ocean view.

Anyone ever stayed it.

Hey this all great I am going to print so I don't forget. Surely I will be Abe to find everything. Ok I rechecked my booking it is 14th deck R 750. When I look at a booking on princess site it is there. But when I looked at a deck plan on this site I did not see it. Mystery room. It is far aft ocean view.

Anyone ever stayed it.

Huh :confused:

I always use CC deck plans to check for insides with bunk beds (not fun). Never noticed the cabin discrepancy.

Never stayed in those OVs, cuz we usually book inside, but stayed near them a lot. You'll love the location.

Great am glad you know the area and like it. That makes m feel better. When we have my whole family we do an inside and a ov to save money. Just two of us this ttime. Ok one more question. The sanitary area. I know it is a pay area but after you reserve are the perks free. Is it worth it

Put the ShipMate app on your cell phone or tablet (it's free). I put it on both. It's available for Android and IOS.

Download the ship's deck plans BEFORE you leave home.

Much easier to figure out where you are from a "top down" view rather than a "sideways view".

BTW: You're already lost, I think. There isn't a cabin R750. :confused:

Sure there is. Port Side all the way aft, next to the Terrace Pool

Edited by racj846

Great am glad you know the area and like it. That makes m feel better. When we have my whole family we do an inside and a ov to save money. Just two of us this ttime. Ok one more question. The sanitary area. I know it is a pay area but after you reserve are the perks free. Is it worth it

must be you're using your phone. It's the Sanctuary. we didn't use it so I don't know much about it.