Britannia solo cabins

gleefull

Hi, First time cruiser. I am sailing on the Britannia around the Caribbean over Christmas 2017. I am a solo traveller and have booked an outside cabin with balcony on Lido deck. The cabin is on Starboard side. I have 2 questions, i have heard complaints that its too noisy on lido deck, is it loud over night (bed timish), also do you have constant sun on the balcony. Has anyone travelled in one of these cabins (L215). I hope it won't be too claustophobic.

Many thanks for any help and advice. I am sure i will keep popping up with various questions

Many thanks

I have stayed in Britannia single balcony cabin L217. 4th December 2015 Caribbean. I was originally booked into single inside cabin L203 which I found small. I went to see if there were any single Balcony cabins available. There was one just across the corridor for an upgrade cost of £300.

Here is a video of the cabin and balcony.

I have more videos and will edit and add more asap. It gives you an idea of size and layout. The first thing that struck me was the position of the bed with "pole dancing" pole ;). You can lay in bed looking out to sea. I did find the balcony small. It seemed odd to have 2 upright loungers in a single cabin. I made the suggestion to have just 1 laydown lounger on comment form.

As to noise I was conscious of sun beds being put out on Sun deck above early morning. They sounded like they were being dragged across the deck. I hope this teething problem is solved and they now lift and place them. I was more annoyed by what appeared to be cabin doors slamming early morning. The cabin doors have soft shut hinges so it must have been a crew door across the corridor from L215. Again I hope this has been sorted. I did not notice any noise from Crows Nest or Lido area.

The balcony is described as partially shaded so not constant sun. This is due to the Sun deck above over hanging the rail about 1 to 2 metres. The cabin felt a little claustrophobic at night when curtains closed.

I was on the whole happy with cabin. Position good for me near Serenity pool and Horizon.

Hope this helps.

The cabin you have been allocated is four from the front and twelve from the rear. I stayed in L201 and thought it a good position. Lido Balconies deteriorate the further you go back as any noise from the Lido pools areas will be aft of the cabin run. As has been highlighted by Scuttlebutter a crew access door is directly opposite your cabin which could be a source of noise. The beds are very large for a single and I thought the positioning of them behind a screen if you stand in the doorway looking into the cabin was good.

Regards John

The cabin you have been allocated is four from the front and twelve from the rear. I stayed in L201 and thought it a good position. Lido Balconies deteriorate the further you go back as any noise from the Lido pools areas will be aft of the cabin run. As has been highlighted by Scuttlebutter a crew access door is directly opposite your cabin which could be a source of noise. The beds are very large for a single and I thought the positioning of them behind a screen if you stand in the doorway looking into the cabin was good.

Regards John

Hi John

I have changed my booking and am now booked for L201. Please take care of it on your cruise in January lol. Many thanks for advice

Cheers David

Hi John

I have changed my booking and am now booked for L201. Please take care of it on your cruise in January lol. Many thanks for advice

Cheers David

If you could see them all then pick the best, L201 would be chosen by a huge majority of cruisers.

Regards John

I had L255 which is the last balcony cabin - I got a free upgrade so I cant complain too much but could hear the sailaway party music and the cruise director on the microphone. If it got too loud or I didnt want to hear I would sit on the balcony with the sliding door closed and couldnt make it out as much or just grab my kindle and head up the way to the crows nest for a read and a drink

Also could hear the sounds of the cabin stewards opening and closing doors as they were getting themselves ready to service each cabin.

Perfect cabins though, nice to have a balcony, own outdoor space