Review: Freedom of the Seas

Terre

I forgot to mention the CD, Cuddy Cudworth. He was new to us this year, but I liked him. Of course he said and did what all the other CDs do and say, but every time we saw him around the ship he would stop a minute and speak to us. He's very likeable.

We sailed with Cuddy last year on Navigator when he was still an Activity Manager....and what you are describing about his personal habit of talking with cruisers around the ship, is just him. He was great fun when we sailed with him and glad that you had a good experience.

A CD doesn't necessarily make or break a cruise, but their little personal touches are nice.

For our cruise last year, which was over Thanksgiving he dressed up as a Turkey on Thanksgiving....the kids flocked to him....and he loved it and they did as well.

Curious on the Eagles tribute band..... Assume this is something that changes?? Or is it ongoing for awhile??

We sail in 55 days (hey, who's counting) And love the Eagles. This would be a great show. Have seen 3 different Beatles tribute bands onboard and loved every one of them.

Curious on the Eagles tribute band..... Assume this is something that changes?? Or is it ongoing for awhile??

We sail in 55 days (hey, who's counting) And love the Eagles. This would be a great show. Have seen 3 different Beatles tribute bands onboard and loved every one of them.

My DH would love a good Beatles tribute band.....we sail after you do on Freedom, so time will tell for both of us!

Thanks for your nice review.

What stateroom were you in on the hump. We've booked a hump E2 stateroom on Freedom on Deck 6 and worried about the noise from the atrium below. Did you experience any noise once you were inside your cabin, especially in the evenings?

Thanks for your nice review.

What stateroom were you in on the hump. We've booked a hump E2 stateroom on Freedom on Deck 6 and worried about the noise from the atrium below. Did you experience any noise once you were inside your cabin, especially in the evenings?

Don't worry....we have had hump cabins and non hump balconies on many ships....it isn't the noise from an atrium or pool deck you ever need to really worry about....just the noise from the people in the cabins next to you....or those cruisers walking in the hallway ------ at least that has been our experience.

AmberTek, Agree, Carnival's food is much better. In fact, I haven't found another cruise line that is comparable. For the water in the shower, you have to turn the thing all the way around and then press the red button in, turn it and it will click at different temps...if you're not careful, you can burn yourself. The door to the balcony is very hard to open and close. I thought the same thing you did, that we'd be locked out there!

ATG, we had lots of chair hogs on our sailing, at the Solarium pool at least. Sorry you didn't like the magic show, I've seen it twice now and was in awe both times. I didn't like the filmed part, however.

Wine-O, we were in 8640.

Someone asked if I liked Nachi Cocum or Mr. Sancho's better -- Personally I like Nachi Cocum better. Mr. Sancho's was so crowded and everyone was smoking in the pool and my allergies couldn't take that. There wasn't much room in the pool it was so crowded. I think if I was still in my 20s or 30s and even 40s, I would have liked Mr. Sancho's better. Mr. Sancho's drinks are better, however. You can actually taste the alcohol and it seems that there is none in Nachi Cocum's the last few years.

Edited by Terre

Thanks Terre. I asked about Nachi Cocum or Mr. Sancho's. I wonder if you can get an extra shot in your drinks at Nachi?

You can but will have better luck at the bar versus from the waiter. The only difference is that you don't have to ask at Mr Sancho's. Both have their positives, read some reviews from Trip Advisor to get a better idea of what you would like.

Thanks Terre. I asked about Nachi Cocum or Mr. Sancho's. I wonder if you can get an extra shot in your drinks at Nachi?

Bubba's answer is correct. If you go to Naci Cocum and stay at the swim up bar, Jose will take care of you, just tell him you can't taste anything.:D

• 1 month later...