Allure western muster drill time?

Smyles

We leave Fort Lauderdale on Allure. It says 4:30 departure.

When should we expect the muster drill meeting to be? Trying to figure out what to expect in regards to napping our daughter that day. With getting our room access later (after 1pm from what I hear) and all of us having to be at the muster station meeting before we leave it seems like we'll have a pretty tight time to squeeze in a nap!

We plan to eat in the MDR every evening (6pm sitting). Is it a problem to miss the first day? Can we order room service on day one for supper? Just planning ahead if we can't squeeze in a nap she is usually ready to sleep by 6-6:30pm (she is 3.5yrs old but needs/loves her sleep). We could just eat and put her down and sit on the balcony enjoying the view for the evening.

Room service is pretty limited One of you could run to café promenade or Sorrento's and bring it back to the room or add it to what is available from room service. You may be able to grab something from windjammer take a paper plate and Ziploc bag and make a couple of sandwiches. There will be something to appeal to you I am sure. Kind of a bummer the other thing is maybe you could lie her down on a lounge chair on Deck 14 when you get on all the way at back is a little more private area that would be quieter than the pool also deck fourteen has a library it may be quiet in there. Just some suggestions. I predict you will have a great time even if you miss night one in dining room. Bon Voyage

Room service is pretty limited One of you could run to café promenade or Sorrento's and bring it back to the room or add it to what is available from room service. You may be able to grab something from windjammer take a paper plate and Ziploc bag and make a couple of sandwiches. There will be something to appeal to you I am sure. Kind of a bummer the other thing is maybe you could lie her down on a lounge chair on Deck 14 when you get on all the way at back is a little more private area that would be quieter than the pool also deck fourteen has a library it may be quiet in there. Just some suggestions. I predict you will have a great time even if you miss night one in dining room. Bon Voyage

My child has NEVER slept in a public place. Even as an infant she would refuse to miss anything. She has never slept in a stroller and I can count on one hand how many times she's fallen asleep in the car. BUT she sleeps like a champ in a bed in a quiet room (whether home, hotel, family etc). At 3.5yrs she still sleeps a solid 12hrs at night and 2+ for nap. I won't complain about missing a bit on the cruise since we've been lucky enough to have a child that sleeps so well :-) I plan to bring 10 novels to read on my balcony :-)

I miss that age with my kids. We went on Princess a few years back. My boys were 2&4 at that time. After the MD. the boys needed to relax. We went back to the room. Closed the curtain shut the lights. Before we knew it, we slept until 7:30. Missed sail away[emoji35]. But, we all had a great 3 1/2 hour nap. Miss those days. I guess I'm just a sentimental dad. Now it's almost impossible to get them to sleep.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 11 months later...

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead. Thanks to the search feature someone has already asked my question.

My fiancee and I are doing the Allure - Western cruise on 9/10, and I was wondering if the muster drill is still at around 3:30pm - 4:00pm and how long it will last. I know this sounds dumb, but there's a football game I wanna see starting at 4:25pm and I kind of wanna see it... really bad. I have NFL Sunday Ticket and can see it on our tablet or phone if it isn't on any TV anywhere, but I was if I can get the be done with the drill in time to relax and start the game in time.

You should be able to see it. I recall in November on Allure we started muster around 3:30 and were done in about 30 minutes.

Not sure where you can watch it on the ship. But you should be close enough to shore during the game to get it via 4G rather than WiFi.

Besides, if it's the Raiders who cares?

You should be able to see it. I recall in November on Allure we started muster around 3:30 and were done in about 30 minutes.

Not sure where you can watch it on the ship. But you should be close enough to shore during the game to get it via 4G rather than WiFi.

Besides, if it's the Raiders who cares?

Haha

Thanks for the info!

We will have Voom so that base is covered. This will be great for the first day, win or lose. Football puts me in a good mood, so adding the ship, unlimited food options, and our drink package, and I should be in heaven! Not to mention my fiancee wants to watch, too. One of many reasons she's my fiancee!

Haha

Thanks for the info!

We will have Voom so that base is covered. This will be great for the first day, win or lose. Football puts me in a good mood, so adding the ship, unlimited food options, and our drink package, and I should be in heaven! Not to mention my fiancee wants to watch, too. One of many reasons she's my fiancee!

Just be careful, some sports are not allowed to be viewed outside the country and RCI's wifi often uses a non US IP address. Have had some things blocked on Watch ESPN app when on the ship, it said "Not available in your location" across the screen

Just be careful, some sports are not allowed to be viewed outside the country and RCI's wifi often uses a non US IP address. Have had some things blocked on Watch ESPN app when on the ship, it said "Not available in your location" across the screen

Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep this in mind, now.

I was reading around to see what type of IP address location Voom uses and some people report several US locations, such as Fort Lauderdale, Miami, and even Texas. This doesn't tell me if these IP addresses will stay US based the entire cruise, but there's hope since I just need it that Sunday. I also did a quick Google search about people accessing NFL Sunday Ticket on board and came back with positive answers. Looking good for me, so far. And this got me thinking...

The Voom service on RCI's website advertises streaming your favorite services, and specifically mentions both Netflix and Spotify. Now correct me if I am wrong, but if someone subscribes to these services from within the US, unfortunately that person is not allowed to use these services outside the US. Maybe in Canada, but not sure, but definitely not outside anywhere else. But, RCCL mentions the use of these services and many people report using them on board. SO, this gives me more hope I can use my NFL Sunday Ticket... Unless... the app uses my phone's GPS and tries to get me that way...

Has anyone else had success or failure with Sunday Ticket on a RCCL cruise? Or failure with any other US based streaming service on a cruise? This may be a subject for a new thread of its own.