RCCL increased the amount payable by me for my existing bookings!

tingyyy

I enjoy when a post degrades into a discussion on the principles of whether or not a post is warranted. It's such fun to read through all of the garbage some of you spill forth from your minds onto the interwebs. Much like this short diatribe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you go to RCCL click on the Heading, Already Booked, Select Online check In, then put in your last Name, Booking # Date of sail and Ship and it should take you to your Online check in Page. This saves you logging in.

OK. I'm always too lazy to look up my booking numbers. So lazy I have my password saved in my browser. I forgot you could do it that way.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Are you sure?

Besides...there is a chance that something like what happened to the OP has happened to someone on CC. If nobody is available to address the problem with RCI, posting here until someone IS available might lead to a "short cut" and save frustration.

The key word in the underlined sentence is "legitimately". I am sure these stories of having invoice amounts changed are true. My point was that going to the source of the problem will ultimately correct the problem.

For example: on a cruise your toilet clogs up, who do you call? I call maintenance and the problem gets fixed quickly. Many call Guest Services and do not have a quick resolution. The middle man can hold things up.

Big G, I help my husband Sister that way so she could fill out her Online check In and not have to log in and our daughter did hers the same way as they were sharing a room. Myself I just log in.

Jmoore, I have heard others recommend C&A to help settle discrepancies, glad your were able to get yours corrected.

Hi all,

OP back.

Gosh, in my first post i did say i was intending to call RCCL to sort the problem out but first wanted to find out from someone here if the increase in cost was justified - for example if i had missed an interim payment which i didn't know about. This was so that i wouldn't be coming across as unreasonable by calling to get RCCL to restore the original fare.

Update - just off the phone with RCCL.

Call centre staff confirmed that there was indeed a discrepancy between my initial booking price and the price now.

However, he says he can tell on his end that there was a modification to my booking on 21 Sept online which caused the price increase. I asked what modification i supposedly made - he said that this he can't tell :confused: but perhaps i made a switch to a new promo.

I wonder how this can be the case though.

Firstly, i don't know of any modification that can be done online that would have increased the price significantly, and caused gratuities to switch from being originally included in the cruise fare to now being payable on top of the cruise fare. There has been no change to the stateroom i am booked in.

Secondly, on 21 Sept i was travelling back home from Japan (after a wonderful cruise i might add! :D) and most certainly did not log into my cruise planner.

What i think happened is what Biker19 described above, the mere fact of my logging into my account in the morning of 22 Sept here (21 Sept U.S. time), by itself, somehow triggered the increase in price.

Anyway, the call centre staff says he has escalated this matter to his superior and RCCL will see if they can restore the original fare by this afternoon or tomorrow.

I suppose this is as good as i can get for now. Fingers crossed, and thanks very much to those who provided much needed assurance that everything will be sorted out eventually. Much appreciated!!!!! :)

tingyyy

What i think happened is what Biker19 described above, the mere fact of my logging into my account in the morning of 22 Sept here (21 Sept U.S. time), by itself, somehow triggered the increase in price.

This only happened when booked directly with RCI - never had it happen when booked via a TA. Just chalk it up to the glitchy IT system RCI uses.