Just Bit the Upsell Bullet! DOS!!

bwelborn

I'm doing a little dance right now, called for the Upsell and could not say no to the price. We were in an H5-first time in the Haven (and NCL for that matter). Any tips about the DOS on the Breakaway...we are in 16702.

You get six bottles of liquor with that room (as well as unlimited soda/water and other non-alcoholic minibar items). You can call the pre-cruise concierge to pick out what alcohol you want.

I'm thinking that we are going to want to stay in the cabin the whole cruise! I did want to upgrade so that I could have a bigger table so we could dine in the cabin if we wanted. I'm going to surprise my husband and just tell him I wasn't able to get any thing else booked. He will be shocked!

I'm doing a little dance right now, called for the Upsell and could not say no to the price. We were in an H5-first time in the Haven (and NCL for that matter). Any tips about the DOS on the Breakaway...we are in 16702.

I was thinking of doiing the same for my upcoming cruise. May ask how much more they wanted, thanks

Two weeks ago, they quoted me $2000 pp to upsell. Today they said $1500 pp initially and I offered $1000 pp and they took it.

So interesting, I called 6 days ago and was told no upsells were yet available in the haven. So strange they told you earlier that it was $2000 pp. Maybe they were only offering to someone already in the haven? We are only in a mini-suite.

You get six bottles of liquor with that room (as well as unlimited soda/water and other non-alcoholic minibar items). You can call the pre-cruise concierge to pick out what alcohol you want.

You do not get 6 bottles of liquor or any other mini bar items with a room in the Haven. You get one bottle of champagne. Maybe you're thinking of some other Cruise Line. If you drink the stuff in the mini bar you will be charged for each and every little item. We just stayed in the Haven as an upsell in July. You also do not receive the promos that are normally a part of the Haven booking if you move to The Haven as an upsell. If you had the UBP in your prior booking then you do not lose it but if you did not already have it, it will not be added. If you were already in the Haven before upgrading to that suite then I believe you already receive all those Haven perks such as Internet and drink package but I can't find anywhere where it says you get bottles of booze free.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Forums mobile app

Edited by Jana60

You do not get 6 bottles of liquor or any other mini bar items with a room in the Haven. You get one bottle of champagne. Maybe you're thinking of some other Cruise Line. If you drink the stuff in the mini bar you will be charged for each and every little item. We just stayed in the Haven as an upsell in July. You also do not receive the promos that are normally a part of the Haven booking if you move to The Haven as an upsell. If you had the UBP in your prior booking then you do not lose it but if you did not already have it, it will not be added.

DOS gets 6 bottles of liquor and OS gets 3. Remaining haven rooms get the one bottle of champagne. OS and above gets the free mixers, remaining haven suites do not. I am right and know that I am because I have actually stayed in an OS on the getaway, and got the 3 free bottles and unlimited mixers and bottled water. I did not have the UBP because, like you, it was an upsell. This information is also right on the NCL website for the haven. You must have stayed in a room below OS level.

Edited by Fido Chuckwagon

DOS gets 6 bottles of liquor and OS gets 3. Remaining haven rooms get the one bottle of champagne. OS and above gets the free mixers, remaining haven suites do not. I am right and know that I am because I have actually stayed in an OS on the getaway, and got the 3 free bottles and unlimited mixers and bottled water. I did not have the UBP because, like you, it was an upsell. This information is also right on the NCL website for the haven. You must have stayed in a room below OS level.

Yes we were not in owner's Suite but I can't even find anything at the site talking about this. Thanks for the information.

Yes we were not in owner's Suite but I can't even find anything at the site talking about this. Thanks for the information.

https://www.ncl.com/thehaven/assets/docs/Haven_amenities_chart.pdf

Note that it lists GV, DOS, & OS getting: Champagne, custom selection of liquor, bottled water & sodas, whereas the remaining suites get Sparkling wine and bottled water on embarkation day only.

Champagne, custom selection of liquor, fruit, bottled

water and sodas is listed on the NCL site under the Garden Villa, Deluxe Owners Suite and Owners Suite. It does mention custom selection of liquor. My guess is they aren't specific in an actual quantity so it leaves them open to change it if they should so desire in the future.

You do not get 6 bottles of liquor or any other mini bar items with a room in the Haven. You get one bottle of champagne. Maybe you're thinking of some other Cruise Line. If you drink the stuff in the mini bar you will be charged for each and every little item. We just stayed in the Haven as an upsell in July. You also do not receive the promos that are normally a part of the Haven booking if you move to The Haven as an upsell. If you had the UBP in your prior booking then you do not lose it but if you did not already have it, it will not be added. If you were already in the Haven before upgrading to that suite then I believe you already receive all those Haven perks such as Internet and drink package but I can't find anywhere where it says you get bottles of booze free.

We stayed in the DOS on the Escape. I can't recall if we were offered three or six bottles of liquor. Didn't matter because all four of us had the UBP. We asked for bottles of Chardonnay instead. Definitely were given unlimited bottled water and soda. Not a fan of the Champagne, so we never drank it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You only get 6 bottles when booked in garden villa, but the 3 bottles in DOS on the Breakaway is awesome!!! Breakaway does not have a Garden Villa, H1

Champagne, custom selection of liquor, fruit, bottled

water and sodas is listed on the NCL site under the Garden Villa, Deluxe Owners Suite and Owners Suite. It does mention custom selection of liquor. My guess is they aren't specific in an actual quantity so it leaves them open to change it if they should so desire in the future.

They send a list in the pre cruise letter (or will email it to you) with the currently offered selections.

We stayed in the DOS on the Escape. I can't recall if we were offered three or six bottles of liquor. Didn't matter because all four of us had the UBP. We asked for bottles of Chardonnay instead. Definitely were given unlimited bottled water and soda. Not a fan of the Champagne, so we never drank it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At least in suites (haven't been in Haven) we were able to exchange the 'champagne' for Chardonnay.

gary