Regal in NY

deliver42

Having arrived into Brooklyn this morning ending her 14-night transatlantic from Copenhagen, she has four 7-night Canada/New England cruises followed by a 5-nighter before departing for Florida on October 27th and arriving into Port Everglades on November 6th.

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

Having arrived into Brooklyn this morning ending her 14-night transatlantic from Copenhagen, she has four 7-night Canada/New England cruises followed by a 5-nighter before departing for Florida on October 27th and arriving into Port Everglades on November 6th.

We'll be on her in two weeks, 1st Princess cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a great cruise, and please do come back afterwards and give us your thoughts.

Here's the harbor webcam that'll track her when she departs this afternoon:

http://www.nyharborwebcam.com

Thx I will do that and we watch that webcam plus many others all the time.[emoji924][emoji485][emoji924]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay you're back! Haven't seen you around in a few weeks :)

Watched her on the harbor web cam go under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge. Anyone sailing out of NY that hasn't experienced that should go up on deck. You really don't think the ship will fit under. Lol. I have early dinner on this cruise but I got to see it years ago on RC. It's a fun thing to see.

What is your question?

I am booked on the ny to Canada trip 5 days

And the 10 day to Fla.

I have never been to Canada and I figure I don't have to spend $1000 to get to the port. I have been around the world spending a fortune in airfares

I don't have to lug my baggage to the airport

Looking forwa Rd to this cruise

Edited by jpj39

She just went past the Statue of Liberty.

It did look like it, didn't it!?! After departing the Red Hook cruise terminal in Brooklyn she sails out to mid-channel and turns left, this is about as close as she gets...Statue of Liberty is in the upper left corner:

29277995533_c39a899606_b.jpg

The perspective from which the camera is located makes it looks like she "sails by the statue", when technically it really doesn't. These two screengrabs - one from from http://www.nyharborwebcam.com and the other from Marine Traffic AIS taken at the same time (5:34pm) - show her location in relation to the statue:

29277995563_b9f623bf26_z.jpg

At that point the statue is about 1-1/2 miles north of the ship:

29277995593_23c558a5ee_b.jpg

Watched her on the harbor web cam go under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge. Anyone sailing out of NY that hasn't experienced that should go up on deck. You really don't think the ship will fit under. Lol. I have early dinner on this cruise but I got to see it years ago on RC. It's a fun thing to see.

A screen grab courtesy of http://www.nyharborwebcam.com from today:

29821463871_dbe2559a62_z.jpg

Andrew!

Yes, still lurking in the shadows. lol ;)

We need another one of your cruise reviews! When is that going to happen?

Dec 4th on Regal. Might even get the drink package to up my snarkyness game. :cool:

Dec 4th on Regal. Might even get the drink package to up my snarkyness game. :cool:

Is that even possible? lol ;)

I'm sure you'll both have a great time either way. Did you get an aft balcony again? One of these days I'll get back out there. I'm under the 1-year mark for my Anthem of the Seas cruise to Bermuda next year. Looking forward to it!