Dave’s Trip To, Around and Into Australia, Sept. 26 – Nov. 23, 2016

RetiredMustang

Loved this report. I've been watching all along but missed my opportunity to comment on the vegetarian shrimp cocktail. They make those meat-like substitutes look so life like nowadays! ;) That's some feat!

Great pictures and narrative! Thanks for taking us all along.

Thank you so much for a great live thread Dave.

It's been a joy to follow along with you.

Your pics, details and ship information has been so wonderful to read.

Very much appreciate it and wish you both safe travels home.

I have a question. This Cruise Critic Roll Call group planned a special gathering to discuss the use of the Cruise Critic website. I do not remember anyone mentioning how it turned out.

Was this gathering informative and helpful?

Should future roll call groups consider doing this?

Thank you again for letting us share in your wondrous journey. :)

Barbara

What am I going to do on my lunch breaks now??? Dave, thanks so much, I've loved reading your blog and found it when you were here in Adelaide, South Australia. We went down to see the ship when you were in port and that night when the rain was pouring and the wind was howling, I was thinking of you guys and wondering how you were getting on. That is how I found your blog.. So I went right back to day one and started reading. Sadly today I have finished. Thanks so much, I've loved every minute, you've inspired me to see more of my country.

I have a question. This Cruise Critic Roll Call group planned a special gathering to discuss the use of the Cruise Critic website. I do not remember anyone mentioning how it turned out.

Was this gathering informative and helpful?

Should future roll call groups consider doing this?

Thank you again for letting us share in your wondrous journey. :)

Barbara

Barbara,

I'm sorry, but I did not attend the meeting if it was held, so I can't tell you anything about it. A lot of the people from the CC meet and greets are still on the 14-day New Zealand trip that followed ours, and others who debarked in Sydney can maybe answer the question. Perhaps Obriendan, who organized that segment's meet and greets, or one of the others may chance across the question and be able to answer.

Dave

I attended the session and it was aimed at beginner users of which there were several in attendance. It was probably helpful for them.

What I would find more helpful and add value to the M&G would be to have more sharing about what people are doing for their various shore excursions (even though those might be full).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your wonderful blog.

We share your views of the dinner menus, were surprised that crocodile and kangaroo were not included during this Circumnavigation cruise. During the 2014 circumnavigation crocodile was listed on the menu, we asked for a little to try, were given a large bowlful!

It was a pleasure to meet you both.

Thanks for your wonderful blog.

We share your views of the dinner menus, were surprised that crocodile and kangaroo were not included during this Circumnavigation cruise. During the 2014 circumnavigation crocodile was listed on the menu, we asked for a little to try, were given a large bowlful!

It was a pleasure to meet you both.

I was offered kangaroo pie at a shore excursion lunch, but chose the barramundi instead. I also did not get the opportunity to try crocodile, but have eaten alligator in the past; I think they would be similar. (An elder man at the Aborigine Center at Uluru offered to catch and cook the small goanna that wandered past during his presentation, but we said we did not want to put him to any special trouble :D.)

Thank you for your hospitality and company on a wonderful cruise; it will resonate in memory for a good long time.

Best to you and DH,

Dave

Edited by RetiredMustang

I was offered kangaroo pie at a shore excursion lunch, but chose the barramundi instead. I also did not get the opportunity to try crocodile, but have eaten alligator in the past; I think they would be similar. (An elder man at the Aborigine Center at Uluru offered to catch and cook the small goanna that wandered past during his presentation, but we said we did not want to put him to any special trouble :D.)

Thank you for your hospitality and company on a wonderful cruise; it will resonate in memory for a good long time.

Best to you and DH,

Dave

If you decide to come back down here, let us know.

Edited by erewhon