So what was your favorite Cozumel excursion?

Galleon1234

Was that an RCCL excursion and where did you go to swim with the Manatees?

No, Royal Caribbean only offered swim with a dolphin. There is also a swim with a seal ...

Holdingseal.jpg

Sealedwithakiss.jpg

All of this can be done at ...

K3-IMG_1100.jpg

IMGP1200_zpsg7eljsxf.jpg

Here are the taxi prices from April 2016 ...

IMGP1201_zps7wsjcko6.jpg

IMGP1204_zpsttgr4h3b.jpg

Edited by Cuizer2

We love to snorkel. Go to beautiful resorts. Not crazy about the Ruins.we have been there several times, but would love to hear your suggestions!

Thanks, going on Liberty of the Seas soon.

A few years ago we did the Twister boat ride to Passion Island. Had lunch and unlimited drinks there (limited variety).

The boat ride was only available through the cruise lines and I'm not sure if it is still available. I heard there were having a hard time agreeing on terms.

However, I have heard that Passion Island is still up and running. It was lovely when we were there.

Another vote for Nachi Cocum. Very nice relaxing beach day. I can't wait to get back there again. If you're looking for a party place though, I wouldn't recommend it for that. There were a few teens there (including my own 15 year old) but even they were pretty subdued. :p

On my first cruise I did the Amazing Race Cozumel through RC. We loved it! But I like scavenger hunts so,...:D

Here is a link to the description through an independent site:

http://thisiscozumel.com/things-to-do/76-tours-and-excursions/1046-amazing-cozumel-race-79

I agree with tlatrice -- loved the Amazing Race. We went for our first cruise and had an awesome time! It is an active excursion, but gets you to explore parts of Cozumel we never would have seen otherwise.

Will be trying Nachi for the first time this year...I need a relaxing beach day!!!

5.jpg.45e0d51ffdfcded304b0583b93181965.jpg

I call it The Running of the Drunks!

We barely got a buzz on the Bar Hop. We went to 3-4 places and spent 45 minutes to an hour at each. That was a drink at each (maybe 2 at 1) so 4-5 drinks plus food over 4 hours. The Bar Hop folks take you back to the pier in plenty of time, so as long as you go back to the ship rather than stopping for more, you'll be perfectly fine.

The pier runners on our cruise all had Señor Frogs balloon hats :rolleyes:

Cozumel Bar Hop was a blast! What I didn't know when I booked...you will go to 4 amazing beaches. Wear swim suit & bring snorkel gear & 2 towels (one to dry off and one for your seat on the van if you are not dry before the next hop) if you wish to go into the ocean or snorkel. First stop has nice pool and fish pedi for a fee. Last stop has the best coconut shrimp I have ever had. Awesome adult tour. The van is new & clean with very good air conditioning. Your gear/beach bag/purse are safe left on the van. Tour guide is a sweetheart and speaks good english and spanish. Your first shot at each bar is free. You pay for all other food and drink.

Has anyone done the 3 reef snorkel in Cozumel Through RCCL?

Yes, I did this excursion in April. Overall: it was okay, but I wouldn't book it again. At each reef, they are constantly telling you to stay with the group! Stay with the group! Which is distracting when you're trying to snorkel. The current keeps you constantly moving. There are some beautiful things to see below, but you have to keep up with the guides and I found myself half-snorkeling, half-keeping my eye out for the guide. At the second reef, a few of us were tired of trying to keep up, so we asked if we could get to the boat before our snorkel time was up.

By the third reef, about a quarter of us elected to stay on the boat and not snorkel at all.

• 3 months later...
If you love to snorkel-check out Cozumel H2O-Found them through Trip advisor and went snorkeling with them last time there

Do they have floatation vests for the kids? I wouldn't be able to relax at all if I knew they were just swimming!

Mr.Sanchos. It is a beach club. For $55 you get unlimited food and unlimited drinks. You get your own personal waiter for the day. You can swim in pools or use the beach. We went in August, 2016 and plan to make it our regular stop when in Cozumel. It is a short taxi ride from the pier. Plenty of cabs both ways. Well worth the money

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Been to Cozumel 3 times so far (will be 4 in a few months) 2 of the 3 times we've taken the ferry over to mainland Mexico and gone to different Mayan Ruins and such. Doing both Chichen Itza and Coba (far better than Itza) with RCCL official excursions. The one visit we didn't do an excursion we just took a taxi from the port down to some shops 5K/3M from the ship... and just walked back along the ocean promenade stopping at shops along the way and getting some snacks and water from a 7/11 type store.

I really enjoyed going to the ruins and such. The day we spent not doing something was pretty much a waste but due to our ship being rerouted, there were no official excursions offered.

Edited by CanobieFan

Do they have floatation vests for the kids? I wouldn't be able to relax at all if I knew they were just swimming!

I have not used this operator, but I have never been on a snorkel tour where they did not offer (and sometimes require) everyone a floatation vest.