Cruise Critic Community
Galleon1234

So what was your favorite Cozumel excursion?

I'm looking for some specific information about Chankanaab. Trying to decide whether to just take a taxi and pay to get into the park or go thru a private excursion company which includes entrance, beach chairs (but I think everyone can use all beach chairs), snorkeling equipment, and buffet lunch. Can anyone tell me the separate costs for snorkeling and lunch buffet? I can't find that information anywhere. Thanks!

You are correct. I found everything you want to know about snorkeling except the price. I did find one mention of price, here is a link ...

https://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/cozumel/chankanaab-beach-park-snorkel-all-inclusive-day-pass.html?gclid=CNuy7_Lcp9ICFUpNfgodGYEFGw

Here they are advertising $40 which includes park admission ...

https://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/cozumel/chankanaab-beach-park-snorkel-all-inclusive-day-pass.html?gclid=CNuy7_Lcp9ICFUpNfgodGYEFGw#Incuded

You are correct. I found everything you want to know about snorkeling except the price. I did find one mention of price, here is a link ...

https://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/cozumel/chankanaab-beach-park-snorkel-all-inclusive-day-pass.html?gclid=CNuy7_Lcp9ICFUpNfgodGYEFGw

Here they are advertising $40 which includes park admission ...

https://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/cozumel/chankanaab-beach-park-snorkel-all-inclusive-day-pass.html?gclid=CNuy7_Lcp9ICFUpNfgodGYEFGw#Incuded

This is the private excursion I am considering. I'm trying to figure out the cost of doing it all on my own, (ie entrance fee $21 minus $2 coupon, plus cost of lunch, plus cost of snorkeling). I just can't find those costs anywhere. Basically, if we do the excursion, we're paying$20pp for lunch and snorkeling, which seems reasonable to me. We'll probably just book it:) Thanks!

This is the private excursion I am considering. I'm trying to figure out the cost of doing it all on my own, (ie entrance fee $21 minus $2 coupon, plus cost of lunch, plus cost of snorkeling). I just can't find those costs anywhere. Basically, if we do the excursion, we're paying$20pp for lunch and snorkeling, which seems reasonable to me. We'll probably just book it:) Thanks!

Like I said, I found everything except the price. I've booked manatee swims directly with the park and of course I knew the price when I booked it. So the only thing I can suggest is to do a mock booking then do the math. But if you are asking, how much is lunch, then that depends on whether you are eating grilled cheese or lobster and how many lobsters you are going to eat.

Private Jeep Tour for the day; Going to the "Other Side" of the Island with only you and your party with a guide in the back of your Jeep. Stops along the way at anywhere you want including snorkeling,drinks and lunch included; Then end up at The Money Bar before heading back to the ship. I've been to Cozumel 25+ times and have about done it all. Been to every beach club/shop and water and land tour around.

I usually rent my on car now days.

Edited by Swamp Cruiser

Salsa, Salsa, and Margaritas through Carnival was awesome. We did it on Christmas day a couple years ago. You have a gorgeous view over the ocean. You get unlimited margaritas (or non-alcoholic drinks) while you learn how to make different types of salsa. You get additional food like chips and quesadillas to eat with your salsa. After you're finished eating and drinking, you learn how to salsa dance, which was way more fun than I thought it was going to be.

Private Jeep Tour for the day; Going to the "Other Side" of the Island with only you and your party with a guide in the back of your Jeep. Stops along the way at anywhere you want including snorkeling,drinks and lunch included; Then end up at The Money Bar before heading back to the ship. I've been to Cozumel 25+ times and have about done it all. Been to every beach club/shop and water and land tour around.

I usually rent my on car now days.

Which excursion company did you use for this?

We are looking at shoreexcursioneer.com for private jeep tour in Cozumel and Blue Lagoon tour in Costa Maya. Wondering if anyone has good experience and recommends this company? Thanks.

We've done a private jeep excursion which was THE BEST ...just me , hubby and an amazingly cool driver. We toured the chocolate making place as well as El Cedral and the tequila making place

We've done the whole shopping and walking around thing many times

We've been to Sanchos...it's nice and the food is great, they make sure you are waited on hand and foot. But I think if I go again I'll do the pay as you go side. Son did the water toys but said they were HARD and not bouncy...he said he wouldn't do that again.

Stupid question but is this an organized event or do you just find your own bars?

Bar Hop one of my favorite excursions EVER! We're not big drinkers. Views terrific, tour guides wonderful! Great fun, great food, would definitely do again! Drive to east side of island and stops at 4 different seaside bar/restaurants. Food and drink available. So going and games aboard air conditioned bus.

Something a little different to try: Cozumel Chef Food Tour

You will be taken by van to 5 -6 different local off-the-beaten-track restaurants where you will be sampling Yucatan foods (not Tex-Mex). Very nice, very filling, very different from the usual water based activities. We had a great time last week

Love Cozumel. Always a fun port. Think my favorite time was last December on harmony of seas beach bash party at playa maya. Traveled with my son and his wife and free party with private beach and food and drinks. Absolutely wonderful. My favorite stop is usually paradise beach. Usually always go there when at Cozumel. 

Mexican cooking class at Playa Mia beach. You make you own lunch and drink a lot...beach before or after depending cooking class time. You get a decent lunch and nice alcohol. The 12 meter yacht race....old America's Cup yachts. Very fun.