Crown Princess

iancal

If you go after they drydock it should have new paint, new carpet, new crew, new beds and should be very nice. Someone commented they hadn't heard of Curtis Stones lately but Royal sailed with it this week after dd. You may have it on Crown????

Sure wish I knew what we got on our Sept. 25 Crown Cruise!! Diarrhea and stomach cramps seven days into the cruise, which a week later is starting to clear up! The Customer Service desk didn't seem to care though!! Despite their indifference, we stayed in our cabin for 36 hours. The last two days were at sea so at least we could keep close to the bathroom.

We did not hear of any issues while we were on board the Sept 25th cruise. Didn't see anything in the Patter either. Could just have been food related.

We did not hear of any issues while we were on board the Sept 25th cruise. Didn't see anything in the Patter either. Could just have been food related.

If their Medical Staff cares as little as the Customer Service desk, it's not a surprise. Ship food and ship shore excursion food...............

We were also on 09/25 sailing. Small cosmetic things, paint on balcony mats, paint on chairs( looked like bird poop). Sound of water running all the time on balcony. Shower curtain that kept pooping out of brackets. #6 Princess cruise and FIRST time I've run into rude crew members. Only 2-3, and after asking for name and supervisor, attitude changed. Crown Grill main desk guy was an A-Hole. More when I get time. Singalot doing great review of this cruise.

Maitre'D was a character. First one I've ever meet that actually like his job and was there for the pax.

JUST food related? I don't understand that word JUST in this context. What is possible and has happened is that crew who handle passenger food have contaminated it with Noro or E Coli and you the passenger who is handwashing frequently and doing all the things he/she ought to do cannot possibly avoid catching it.

Of course the crew are meant to report symptoms as soon as they detect they have a problem, and they are put into isolation, but it seems it doesn't always happen.

We were just on Regal and saw the waiters handling used plates and cutlery, scraping food off plates, etc and then handling food delivery to the table. And both used plates and plates fresh from the galley were on the same station at the same time. Didn't seem like a good system.

If their Medical Staff cares as little as the Customer Service desk, it's not a surprise. Ship food and ship shore excursion food...............

Did you go see the doctor while on board? Why would you go to Customer Service? Might just be that after 8 days of food you are not accustom to eating your stomach said enough is enough.

[QUOTE=waltd;51282792]Did you go see the doctor while on board? Why would you go to Customer Service? Might just be that after 8 days of food you are not accustom to eating your stomach said enough is enough.

Thankyou for your valuable contribution to epidemiology.

We were also on 09/25 sailing. Small cosmetic things, paint on balcony mats, paint on chairs( looked like bird poop). Sound of water running all the time on balcony. Shower curtain that kept pooping out of brackets. #6 Princess cruise and FIRST time I've run into rude crew members. Only 2-3, and after asking for name and supervisor, attitude changed. Crown Grill main desk guy was an A-Hole. More when I get time. Singalot doing great review of this cruise.

Maitre'D was a character. First one I've ever meet that actually like his job and was there for the pax.

Who was the maitre'd? we'll be on her in less than 2 months & hopefully the dining room will be better than the Ruby last week.

What causes NORO virus? If someone vomits or pukes do the harmful NORO germs go airborne?

Yes and then live on hard surfaces for quite a while - also someone with noro sheds the virus from their skin for a few days even after they have no symptoms any more.

Did you go see the doctor while on board? Why would you go to Customer Service? Might just be that after 8 days of food you are not accustom to eating your stomach said enough is enough.

Do all your clothes have the Princess logo on them??? I called Customer Service to tell them that we would not be going on our shore excursion (We have waited for others on past excursions) and I didn't want them waiting for us. I told her what the problem was but all she wanted to do was tell me that I wasn't going to get a refund which I never brought up! That's real caring!! No, didn't go to the doctor because after 36 hours we were feeling better. I'm not accustomed to eating??? After 31 cruises, I have eating mastered and just so you don't think we don't wash our hands, my wife travels with a six year supply of antiseptic wipes. If it bothers you, I could bring up the flooded bathroom at 12:30 AM, the horribly slow service in the MDR, the waiter who forgot our drinks, the 1 1/4 hour wait for a shore excursion and I could go on.........

This discussion is getting really really petty. So, you got sick, got over it and all is well. That's like the airplane that had a problem and landed anyway but it was news to Fox!

A single engine aircraft went down in the local cemetery. So far the police have dug up 43 bodies.:D

Just got off the Crown. She is in acceptable shape. The public areas were fine. The chairs in the Horizon Court were always sticky and mismatched at the tables. We had a minisuite with a lot of rust on the balcony that looks like only a dry dock will fix. The plastic mat on the balcony deck was very stained as was the deck furniture. The soft goods were worn. The sofa and the curtains were particularly bad and in need of replacement, quite shabby, actually.

Mostly agree with this. Didn't really notice any problems with the chairs in HC. Everything in public areas felt clean and good. Also had a mini and room was clean and good. Balcony was gross but there's plenty more of the ship than the balcony and the balcony was not the reason we took a MS.

This discussion is getting really really petty. So, you got sick, got over it and all is well. That's like the airplane that had a problem and landed anyway but it was news to Fox!

A single engine aircraft went down in the local cemetery. So far the police have dug up 43 bodies.:D

Excuse me but I wasn't the one who started questioning my motives. I was replying to the individual in the post who indicated that the Crown was sickness free. I just passed on our experiences. Isn't that what CC is about??

Who was the maitre'd? we'll be on her in less than 2 months & hopefully the dining room will be better than the Ruby last week.

Sorry it took so long, Maitre d was Francois Ferat. Again a very pleasurable meeting with him. It did take awhile to get to see him, but very worth it.

Agree. We were also on the cruise and the ship is ok. Ship did seem understaffed in the buffet and traditional dining rooms. Tables in buffet were not cleared and it was hard to find someone to get them cleaned. When we did find someone they were not happy and grumbled that they were understaffed. Same in Traditional Dining. It took at least 2 hours to get out each night. Servers had too many passengers to take care of and said the kitchen was slow in getting the dishes out for early seating.

We found the same thing when we were on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discouraging since we will be on her for two weeks in February. However I have read conflicting reports on her condition and level of service. Maybe we will get a new crew by then!!

Henry

We were on the Crown for a week in Alaska in August, and had a wonderful time. The ship was clean and there were always people working on it. Most of the staff were friendly and engaging, best cruise director staff I have encountered on any line. The MDR service was very slow the first night, otherwise quite timely. We were willing to share tables and rarely had to wait to be seated. I would say we had our own table for the 4 of us at least half the time. Afternoon tea was delightful, we went twice.

• 2 weeks later...
Agree. We were also on the cruise and the ship is ok. Ship did seem understaffed in the buffet and traditional dining rooms. Tables in buffet were not cleared and it was hard to find someone to get them cleaned. When we did find someone they were not happy and grumbled that they were understaffed. Same in Traditional Dining. It took at least 2 hours to get out each night. Servers had too many passengers to take care of and said the kitchen was slow in getting the dishes out for early seating.

Just returned off the Crown from a 15 day round trip to Hawaii. It was obvious that they were understaffed in the MDR. The first night for example in anytime seating, at a table of 6, @ 7pm, we had to wait for over 20 minutes just for regular water after we all said we did not want to buy the bottled one. Our poor waiter did not have an assistant. First night dinner made me wonder what the heck PCL was doing??

Felt the entertainment was a hit and miss as well. Mostly miss. $$ entertainment money must of been put in the "Magic to Do" show as some of the other entertainment they had was lacking.

We felt crowded constantly. This is suppose to be like the sister ship Ruby however public areas seemed smaller for the over 3100 passengers.

I stated so on my review with Princess.

The ship is in good shape its just the personnel that needed to be worked on in my opinion. When you have to get up in the buffet area @ 6 am to get your own 2nd cup of coffee, while being seated, many days and see them chatting away you wonder who is supervising? It just wasn't up to Princess standards that we have become accustomed to.

This was not our best cruise with Princess but not so bad as not to do another eventually.

This is the first time we talked about trying another cruise line like NCL to see if it would be better.

Most people complain on here but you need to take bad service up with the head waiter onboard. If it continues you go to the Executive Chef and keep going up the chain of Command. That's what they are there for. Be very polite and ask for help.

I am presently on this ship doing the 28 day Hawaii/South Pacific trip. Good condition. Food is lacking tho. A lot of repeat foods in the Lido Buffet area. The dining room menu seems much smaller than previously (meaning less being offered). Seems a hit or miss with some meals.

Thanks Knickearth, We will be on it Dec 21. Did hear they cut back of variety. Wonder why? Don't they know people will fuss? We can stan 2 weeks of it as we always get off and eat what the locals do. They eat cow eyeballs in Vietnam! Lot's of bugs in China.