Would you walk to The Boatyard?

cdl324

I have an active 4 year old and I am debating bringing the umbrella stroller. He almost never gets in and I'm left pushing an empty cart. But as we mothers know the minute we don't have it they will become sleepy and "tired". Did you have your 4 year old in a stroller?

We did not have a stroller. He walked. As I said, we did stop and grab lunch when we first got to town, so that broke the 20-25 minutes of walking into two shorter stretches. :) It was a nice walk. The scenery was enjoyable and he liked stopping and looking at everything.

We did not have a stroller. He walked. As I said, we did stop and grab lunch when we first got to town, so that broke the 20-25 minutes of walking into two shorter stretches. :) It was a nice walk. The scenery was enjoyable and he liked stopping and looking at everything.

You know now that I think about it the walk there really isn't my concern. He'll be full of energy at the beginning of the day. It was the walk back after swimming all day and water makes you tierd. But I think someone mentioned we get a complimentary ride back. So no stroller it is. But the walk there will help me get my steps in for the day;)

• 2 weeks later...

Please be aware that The Boatyard gets full up so if you want to go there, try to get there early. After 10:00 you may not get in. I would suggest getting there before 09:30. It is an easy and safe walk from the port, but if you are carrying a lot, it can be tiring in the sun so I would recommend a taxi - $US 5 per person.

• 3 weeks later...

We walked to the Boatyard on Christmas Day, 2013. There were no taxis because of Christmas. It was about 20 minutes. The walk there was a little strange because there were so few people. There were PLENTY of people at the Boatyard. Not overcrowded, but not eerie, like the walk had been.