Taxi cost from cruise terminal to Hilton Barbados Resort?

canadarocks

• 4 weeks later...
Canada Rocks,

May I ask you what the Hilton is charging you for day passes?

I just sent the Hilton an e-mail asking.

We are sailing on Adventure of the Seas and will be docked in Bridgetown Monday January 9.

Thank you

richfromhaw@gmail.com

I ordered them from caribbeandaypass for $55 each (includes lunch and one drink). The same passes were $70 through resortforaday. :)

I ordered them from caribbeandaypass for $55 each (includes lunch and one drink).

Yes, that's what we paid 2 years ago. We were a little frustrated with the cab driver, as the sign at the taxi stand did say $5.00 per person. When we got to the Hilton, he said, $17.00 total. Ha! Bit of a fight over that one, but on the return trip we were charged $17.00 back to the ship. Whatever. *sigh*

Yes, that's what we paid 2 years ago. We were a little frustrated with the cab driver, as the sign at the taxi stand did say $5.00 per person. When we got to the Hilton, he said, $17.00 total. Ha! Bit of a fight over that one, but on the return trip we were charged $17.00 back to the ship. Whatever. *sigh*

Good to know, thanks. I'll be sure to work out the exact payment before we leave the cruise terminal.

Enjoy your day there. It's a huge property, fun to explore. The beach was closed to swimming as it was particularly rough that day, but lunch was delicious and the pool is large. The restroom facilities are nice and clean. :)

Sounds awesome, thanks again. :cool:

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have any updated info on this? I will be traveling from the cruise port to the Hilton for a snorkeling excursion booked separately (not assoc with cruise) and the vendor tells me it's only 1.5 miles. From what I see here, 20 minutes (?!) and $17 sounds ridiculous for a short taxi ride!! Is that accurate? The excursion itself is only $40....

The vendor said there are lots of taxis but then said "I like carts as sometimes the vans wait for more people". What is a CART??? I googled it and nothing comes up except some donkey carts that used to be in operation years ago.

I considered walking, at least one way, but not sure at all about that as I will be alone - my travel companion is not going.

Thanks for any updated info - cruising there next month - can't wait!

Does anyone have any updated info on this? I will be traveling from the cruise port to the Hilton for a snorkeling excursion booked separately (not assoc with cruise) and the vendor tells me it's only 1.5 miles. From what I see here, 20 minutes (?!) and $17 sounds ridiculous for a short taxi ride!! Is that accurate? The excursion itself is only $40....

The vendor said there are lots of taxis but then said "I like carts as sometimes the vans wait for more people". What is a CART??? I googled it and nothing comes up except some donkey carts that used to be in operation years ago.

I considered walking, at least one way, but not sure at all about that as I will be alone - my travel companion is not going.

We went to the Hilton, January 2017. Taxi was $7 each. We dropped a few people off at Boatyard and continued on to the Hilton.

We had such a fight to get a cab from the port because they all wanted to make more going further. I even found more people going to the same place. It got to the point that I went to the dispatcher and kept telling them no one wanted to take us. Even argued with a few that wouldn’t take us and told them the longer they argue with us the less money they are gonna make if they hustle back. We finally found a nice van driver who said he would take us and he confirmed to me that most want to make more money. I tipped him of course and had no trouble getting one back. Just sharing our experience in February of 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
The Hilton Barbados offers two types of day pass. There is a basic day pass without any food or drinks included. That is $40. The other includes lunch and one drink for $55.

I just need to go there for the snorkel excursion. Will not be spending time at the resort. Thanks for the info

• 2 weeks later...
We went to the Barbados Hilton for the day in 2013 and just got a cab out front and had to wait until it filled. I'm not positive but it was either $5.00 or $7.00, per person, each way. That was almost three years ago, so prices may have changed since then.

Went there yesterday and we were charged $55 per and included a nice lunch and a drink-alcoholic or non- alcoholic. We could order anything from the menu--had jerk chicken with slaw and fries. Got 3 nice pieces of chicken. My wife had shrimp quesedille and had 8 nice size shrimps. Highly recommended it and worth the price.

Taxi cost $15 for the 2 of us and it's about 10-15 minutes from port. The $55 includes the use of the facilities and lunch which also includes grats & tax. Did not have any reservations an simply walked up to the front desk and paid the fee.

Went there yesterday and we were charged $55 per and included a nice lunch and a drink-alcoholic or non- alcoholic. We could order anything from the menu--had jerk chicken with slaw and fries. Got 3 nice pieces of chicken. My wife had shrimp quesedille and had 8 nice size shrimps. Highly recommended it and worth the price.

Taxi cost $15 for the 2 of us and it's about 10-15 minutes from port. The $55 includes the use of the facilities and lunch which also includes grats & tax. Did not have any reservations an simply walked up to the front desk and paid the fee.

That is a great deal, and yes, definitely worth the price. I think I'd have ordered the jerk chicken, slaw, fries. Now I wish we'd taken advantage of that for the extra $15 each. We just got the day pass for beach loungers/pool only and I just went to our memorabilia for that cruise and found the receipt. $160 total ($80 USD), for my husband and I to get the beach/pool passes, so from other posts it looks like their prices haven't changed. Taxi prices appear to be about the same too. We also just walked up without a reservation to purchase the pass. I don't know if that's always possible or not though. ???

I'll never forget my husband griping about "the most expensive coke" he's ever bought. Lol!!! He left the lounger and went to the bar for a can of coke and cup of ice. The coke was $6 ($3 USD) and he paid cash, with a $20 (US $), and got the correct change back, but it was in the form of $34 BARBADOS dollars ($20; $10; $2 and $2 worth of coins). He then asked "what am I going to do with this?". I took it, problem solved. :D I always collect currency from the places we visit, and while not THAT much, it was no big deal, is a nice reminder of our trip, and one we still laugh about.

Can we just take a taxi and go to Hilton and pay for day pass once there or do we have to prepay or book ahead of time. Thank you.

We were able to the day we were there. That was in May 2013 and we were the only ship in Barbados that day. I've seen posts where others have booked a day pass through "resortforaday" and there is also an option to email the Barbados Hilton directly through their website. Emailing ahead of time may be your best bet. I know this isn't a definite "yes" or "no", but I hope this helps.

We were able to the day we were there. That was in May 2013 and we were the only ship in Barbados that day. I've seen posts where others have booked a day pass through "resortforaday" and there is also an option to email the Barbados Hilton directly through their website. Emailing ahead of time may be your best bet. I know this isn't a definite "yes" or "no", but I hope this helps.

Thank you. I emailed them, we have to prepay full amount and they charge $15 pp cancellation fee. Will book closer to our cruise.

• 4 months later...

Can you tell me what vendor your used for the snorkeling excursion from the Hilton? I am interested in looking into that? Any feed back on that would be great. Thanks